Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Man I thought Bishop was just in the HFC to spy on them, he has gone all in and been fully indoctrinated into the HFC. Brother is wearing all red and calling himself Red Bishop, oh lord! At least give the man a promotion to Red King till Kitty comes back. I am not liking Bishop's direction at the moment, it comes off as too subservient.
    It's a shame, but you're asking too much from these writers to break from conditioning and display the vision and ability to show black male hero having agency. He's being used exactly as the writers see his potential, as a big dumb gun to be aimed by those who make all the decisions. Truth be told Bishop Bishop should have been leader of X-Force, and at least the second option for leadership of The Marauders.

I actually think they're doing a good job of showcasing Bishop's broader skills and smarts in this book. For example, they mention him hacking into some databases in this issue, which shows he's not just muscle or "a big dumb gun."

Having said that, it would be fun to have him on X-Force with Logan and Domino. On the strike team. Maybe replace Colossus with him, and perhaps replace Kid Omega with Kid Cable (using his psi-sword or whatever instead of guns). Now that would be a kickass wetworks squad IMO! Supported by the intelligence branch of Beast, Jean, Sage and Black Tom? Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Having said that, it would be fun to have him on X-Force with Logan and Domino.
    Can't believe you didn't mention Bishop's soulmate Sage.

Bishop cracked the case of the missing man and found him, a huge win for Krakoa. And then he single-handedly found and recovered Kitty's body.

Are people reading the book?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    .............because there’s no trace that leads back to them?????
    You're joking, right? Evidence of a giant, sudden iceberg for starters. Drastic changes in personality and a missing person nobody should have known about. And then the obvious logical inference that the mutant nation attacked the largest producer of anti-mutant weaponry. After basically telling Verendi to their faces not to screw with them. Why WOULDN'T they think mutants were responsible? The whole place smacks of a telepath mucking with the minds of people.

Its the most basic conclusion. Especially since they knew to expect mutants trying something.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Ugh, didn't even care what the issue was about just happy to have a small piece of comics back. Really enjoyed the issue thought it rushed in places and I still think the larger cast are horribly underused. I rate it as solid enhanced by the sheer joy of seeing characters in action again.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So we're really gonna bitch about the opened blazer??

Um did you not see her uniform in Grant Morrisons run? Did you not see her uniform in the Bendis run?

Some yall are doing too much. Eye rolls aplenty.

Attachment 97068Attachment 97069

Just hush. Its on brand and in character. And it doesnt diminish anything about her. Or what she does in the following pages.

Just getting things done per usual:

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Bishop cracked the case of the missing man and found him, a huge win for Krakoa. And then he single-handedly found and recovered Kitty's body.

Are people reading the book?
    Talking along the lines of broader exposure, again leading a team of significance, where are the appearances and Interactions with Charles, and Scott? He's supposed to be a captain, someone that's in charge of the whole island. There's been one and a half incursions and an assassination of Charles and where was Bishop. These are the things I'm talking about. More of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Talking along the lines of broader exposure, again leading a team of significance, where are the appearances and Interactions with Charles, and Scott? He's supposed to be a captain, someone that's in charge of the whole island. There's been one and a half incursions and an assassination of Charles and where was Bishop. These are the things I'm talking about. More of that.
    We definitely need to see Bishop in his role as a captain, but for now I'm willing to settle for Bishop actually using his damn powers in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ugh, didn't even care what the issue was about just happy to have a small piece of comics back. Really enjoyed the issue thought it rushed in places and I still think the larger cast are horribly underused. I rate it as solid enhanced by the sheer joy of seeing characters in action again.

Just getting things done per usual:

WTH? LOL..I thought this was the Stepford Cuckoos

That I can absolutely agree with especially seeing Bishop as a captain. If Kate doesn't come back then maybe he'll take the lead. Or even if she doesn't come back she may decide she's done with marauder-ing. But I've viewed some of his actions as being the most important, especially compared to what we've received from Storm, Iceman, and Pyro.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Bishop is wearing that suit OUT, y’all!

Mighty Member

Exactly, it's all tell and no show with Bishop. He is being portrayed as the muscle with the gun and nothing else, just another crew member on the ship doing nothing of significance; only what Emma tells him to do. And I cannot get over him in that all red getup, its like he has no individuality and playing his assigned role to a tee. I think this is the wrong book and writer for Bishop, he would be better served being in a book like the upcoming X-factor or as mentioned X-force. And perhaps another writer would do more with his character than just being relegated to being the black man with the gun. I swear it's like some writers forget Bishop actually has powers or a deductive mind or is a strategic tactician. Instead they put him in the X-men's version of Driving Miss Kitty/Emma.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Didn't Bishop hack Verendi, solve an international missing person case, and infiltrate the fake Hellfire Club?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Bishop is wearing that suit OUT, y’all!
    Yes, he is. Lawsy me! Yes, he is.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Didn't Bishop hack Verendi, solve an international missing person case, and infiltrate the fake Hellfire Club?
    Took it upon himself to search for Kitty on his own, found the link between Verendi and contractors, boarded their ship and remained undetected overnight, rescued her body and defended it until Bobby froze everyone. I definitely understand the desire for more Bishop but to equate him with a lapdog is ridiculous.

He had little desire to join until speaking with Kitty and they rescued the human together, stopping an international incident. He then started wearing the red after her death, clearly in honor of her. Most heroic I've seen him shown in a while. But to each their own I guess.
    Last edited by JB; 05-28-2020 at 05:31 PM.