Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Gotta question here: How did Emma know that that was a prototype mutant inhibiting firearm and not just a normal gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Gotta question here: How did Emma know that that was a prototype mutant inhibiting firearm and not just a normal gun?
    Bishop haxxored Verendi.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Hence the purse. She knew what to look for, before hand.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Do you guys think she's keeping it to use it on Shaw?

I can see her pulling an Adrienne on him, but no killing, "just" permanent depowering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    mm she is an omega telepath etc... I guess that´s why.. she also KEPT the gun... finders keepers or she has something else in mind? Sebastian?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Bishop haxxored Verendi.
    Thank you! I hope Duggan is planning some unexpected twist with that gun. Emma shooting Shaw just seems too simplistic and obvious of a resolution for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Do you guys think she's keeping it to use it on Shaw?

I can see her pulling an Adrienne on him, but no killing, "just" permanent depowering.
    That might be considered a crime bc one of the laws of Krakoa is to make mutants and depowering goes against that. She'd have to do it in such a way as to not get caught

she also mindwiped the guy with the photographic memory of how the gun was made.. so now Emma has the gun AND knows how to replicate it... not bad... in a worse comes to worst situation where Krakoa civil wars or something now she has leverage.. very tactic of her.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Just for existing. All that fuss made over her and for what? Just to almost destroy Bishop's presence within the X-universe.

I wish he hadn't... such a low moment for him smh.
    Agreed, his past was just fine. Bishop was quite stable mentally, he was used as a plot device. The one black male mutant hero active on the team and he was trashed. More important is that his redemption arc was weak and completely inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Never realized that a character has to lead a team to be showcased as competent and more than just a big dumb gun. If that’s the standard, then I guess Bishop isn’t being used well and hasn’t been since his first appearance. Poor guy.
    You completely misunderstood me. He shouldn't lead to prove competency, he should because he would bring something different, but still good. Besides he is a born leader with his blend of intellect, will, and determination

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That might be considered a crime bc one of the laws of Krakoa is to make mutants and depowering goes against that. She'd have to do it in such a way as to not get caught
    Technically, it doesn't go again that law.
    As a depowered mutant he can still live on Krakoa as other depowered mutants do. He still exists.
    Even if she decides to kill him she won't be breaking any laws. Outright killing him would just set him up for the resurrection protocols...that's too good for him.
    Besides...
    For his crimes committed against Kate, the Council and Krakoa, I can see the QC members all voting to have has powers removed completely and exile him to the pit. It would be fitting punishment if somewhat lenient.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So, I just got through reading the issue and I am still feeling good about the build and the minor payoffs shown in this issue. I don't see how the scene with Emma would be "problematic", seeing that it is a clear promotion of civil rights, which is kinda the point behind the X-Men in a more (and thankfully) aggressive manner. It's also good to see that my prediction of a schism among the Quiet Council is coming true and every event in the issue only serves to raise the stakes. The only knock I have on this issue is the weaksauce fighting scenes (looking at you, 'Roro and Bobby). Now, if X-Force follows up and ties in with this plot thread involving Kate and the Resurrection Protocols, I'm set.

Overall: 9/10
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a depowered mutant he can still live on Krakoa as other depowered mutants do. He still exists.
    Even if she decides to kill him she won't be breaking any laws. Outright killing him would just set him up for the resurrection protocols...that's too good for him.
    Besides...
    For his crimes committed against Kate, the Council and Krakoa, I can see the QC members all voting to have has powers removed completely and exile him to the pit. It would be fitting punishment if somewhat lenient.
    Personally, I'd rather see them use a "cure" to strip Shaw of his powers and have him banished to Limbo by 'Yana. Also, have someone like Dom keep tabs on Shinobi.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Besides...
    Technically but that depends on how they interepret the law. Of course he'd still be allowed to live on Krakoa but Emma would be purposely depleting their mutant numbers which goes directly against what they are trying to achieve.

Killing him would be a crime. Look what happened to Scalphunter whom presumably killed the Morlocks. It would need to be self defense but even then that didnt seem to work in Scalphunter's favor. Mutants cant just go around killing each other bc there are Resurrection protocols

Shaw's crimes are not known. If and when that comes to light, he risks being punished. Which is why i also said Emma would need to not get caught bc once she is, then she also risks being punished

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see them use a "cure" to strip Shaw of his powers and have him banished to Limbo by 'Yana. Also, have someone like Dom keep tabs on Shinobi.
    Why Limbo? Thats a death sentence, especially to someone with no defenses. Humans that get sent there do not come out. A better option would be to banish him to the Krakoa pits as Sabretooth was
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-29-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Consigning Sabretooth to the pit is essentially doing the same as depleting the mutant numbers. Shaw himself depleted the mutant numbers by killing Kate...so his eradication would suit his crime.

Once his crimes are known...I don't see the QC being lenient. And they themselves can decide the mode of punishment.

Where Emma would be compromised is if she herself goes against the QC's ruling.

Personally...I can see TPoS being on trial. The QC is undecided as to punishment. Emma then smartly plays her hand and suggests using the gun on him...as a form of poetic justice. The QC majority agrees.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-29-2020 at 11:48 AM.