Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Have they said anythnig about Shaw having tech to shield his thoughts from telepaths bc I find it unrealistic that Emma hasnt gone prying through his thoughts yet. And if he is able to shield his thoughts, I think that would make him even more guilty with reason enought to investigate him
    He knows how to keep a telepath out since Emma taught him how to (I guess you can show non-telepaths some tricks, like the black box thing that Jean taught Scott). She couldn't get directly into his head but had to resort to illusions during the Quarantine arc. She would probably need to deliberately attack him since a simple probe wouldn't work, and she probably doesn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    He knows how to keep a telepath out since Emma taught him how to (I guess you can show non-telepaths some tricks, like the black box thing that Jean taught Scott). She couldn't get directly into his head but had to resort to illusions during the Quarantine arc. She would probably need to deliberately attack him since a simple probe wouldn't work, and she probably doesn't want to.
    How does that even work when he is sleeping and isnt actively doing anything to shield her out?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How does that even work when he is sleeping and isnt actively doing anything to shield her out?
    That's... I don't know. They probably will just say "he's got psychic protections" or don't say anything at all. That's the issue with having a traitor plot in a team with a telepath, I guess. Or an island with a thousand telepaths.

Maybe they have rules now? Since they live among so many people with mind powers, they'd make it so it's forbidden to invade another person's privacy without permission? That could be something that, if I were a Krakoan, I'd be a bit concerned about.

That's... I don't know. They probably will just say "he's got psychic protections" or don't say anything at all. That's the issue with having a traitor plot in a team with a telepath, I guess. Or an island with a thousand telepaths.

Maybe they have rules now? Since they live among so many people with mind powers, they'd make it so it's forbidden to invade another person's privacy without permission? That could be something that, if I were a Krakoan, I'd be a bit concerned about.
    One caveat to that is that Xavier is actively recording everyone's thoughts at all time. If any telepath were to get access to Cerebro, then that could be catastrophic

Sebastion Shawat one time equipped his GUARDS in the Hellfire Club with Psi-blockers to shield against telepathy. So it's quite likely he has one for his own personal use.

Heck in one issue when Claudine Renko tried to have a telepathic fight vs Xavier, Chuck turned on a blocker he'd swiped from a guard, and then beaned Claudine with something to physically knock her out.

Telepathy blockers may be expensive, but they're not the sort of tech that's actually all that rare. One version of the Acolytes team had them as part of their uniforms.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the whole "Kate is unrevivable" thing is a feint and Kate's actually been alive for all these issues.

He'd need a Krakoan tech psy-blocker though, since they make an EMP pulse everyday on the island. But he's reach so maybe he just switches them up lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's always been an unstated rule that telepaths just don't go prying into other people's thoughts without permission...since Claremont days. It's a severe breach of trust.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

He could just sleep off site, just because he has Blackstone doesn't mean he actually sleeps there. It's the height of billionaire wastefulness to own a castle but not actually live there full time.

He made sure that mutants could still own land off of Krakoa

Storm has psychic defenses that protect her mind even when she's unconscious, so Shaw probably has something similar.

He's been around Emma since Hellfire Club days....it's an absolute surety he would have protection against her telepathy...even while asleep...especially while asleep.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

After many re-readings...

Some are downplaying it but, whatever...Storm and Iceman created a giant-fekkin'-iceberg in the middle of equatorial South Pacific. That was AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    After many re-readings...

Some are downplaying it but, whatever...Storm and Iceman created a giant-fekkin'-iceberg in the middle of equatorial South Pacific. That was AWESOME!!!
    Agreed. While holding hands.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. While holding hands.
    IKR!? That was some cool shyt. (pun absolutely intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Bishop cracked the case of the missing man and found him, a huge win for Krakoa. And then he single-handedly found and recovered Kitty's body.

Are people reading the book?
    Did he solve her murder? My guess will be no.

Mighty Member

Very interesting and shocking issue. I think that X-Force and Marauders are the two best X-Men series so far.

Excalibur and New Mutants (non-Hickman) are boring compared to these two series.

The mystery of why Kitty couldn't get into Krakoa and why she can't be resurrected is not solved yet.