Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Was Iceman and Storm creating an iceberg supposed to be cool in this? It was plain lazy. Bobby could've easily create all of that by himself, they shoud've had Ororo summon a blizzard down that ship, it was like they weren't creative enough to know what to do and threw her in there.

I just have this feelings Kate won't really be resurrected, I hope I'm wrong.

I still don't understand why she can't be brought back; even if her power disrupts Krakoa, the Egg is made by Fabio's power. The process may occur in Krakoa, but it isn't actually Krakoa dependent. If it can't happen in that environment, get The Five in some kind of telekinetic bubble/building/chamber/whatever outside the island and have the process happen there. Even if she isn't a mutant, they have her DNA and Xavier has her data. Am I missing something about the resurrection protocols?
    Last edited by Psych1c; 05-27-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Is Katya another writer/editor error or is this something more? I would feel REALLY disheartened if they had all this time to doublecheck things and they still screwed up Piotr's nickname for her vs Kurt's. If anything it should have been Katja, which is the German spelling but still not what Kurt calls her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Emma doing that is not that strange but four guys are not that many. I suppose they would have psychic defenses.

It was a good issue.
    Same. That was my problem with it, as fun as the scene was Emma having to "distract" 4 random soldiers when she was fooling the Inhuman Royals and a bunch of the X-Men with a Cyclops illusion in DoX seemed like a nerf. And she was going cray cray in DoX/IvX.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Is Katya another writer/editor error or is this something more? I would feel REALLY disheartened if they had all this time to doublecheck things and they still screwed up Piotr's nickname for her vs Kurt's. If anything it should have been Katja, which is the German spelling but still not what Kurt calls her.
    it likely wasnt perciecved as something that needed to be double checked bc he's called her this before

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    For a backup Five, I think you could grab a slightly different selection of powers and still get a similar result.

Triage can temporarily resurrect their old bodies as zombies
    Hindsight can experience their memories and history through touching the zombiefied bodies
    Velocidad experiences time dilation, but only for himself
    Kenji Uedo creates organic mass, he sculpts it into different shapes including new bodies for other people. And he can plug into other mutants like Velocidad so that he can experience accelerated time himself, or create a mental bridge with Hindsight (transferring that to the new body)
    Masque can reshape the bodies so that they look more human
    this crew would need someone to make their powers work in harmony like hope does.. that is why Synch is most similar to her as he uses abilities at their optimal level. Perhaps Sage could do that for this group if you took out hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Emma couldn’t do that because they weren’t trying to murder the crew. They had to incapacitate everyone on board and then round them up onto the Mercury first.
    Emma can contact every mutant on the planet, 4 humans on a none psi-block ship is not that hard.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I'm going to pretend they had some kind of psi-block or psichic training that required a distraction. It makes sense this way.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

She went in with only the coat. She was going to take it off no matter what.

They were an elite force trained to deal with mutants. Not having anti-telepathic training is like going naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    it likely wasnt perciecved as something that needed to be double checked bc he's called her this before

Bad example, this was a mistake everyone opposed already when it happened and as far as I know this was the only one case, so it's quite bad to follow. There are countless of times when Kurt calls her Katzen like in every other issue throughout the 80s and 90s, it's quite hard to forget or mistake it.

Besides Kurt is German, always using German words while speaking, that's exactly why he named her Katzen as the 'German version' of Kitty. Russian and German aren't the same, it shouldn't have been overlooked. Especially when the editor is a big Kurt and Kitty fan
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    She went in with only the coat. She was going to take it off no matter what.
    In House of X and the preview for Cable #2, Emma is wearing a blazer with nothing underneath. I guess flashing the boobies is her new secret weapon now.

Its not like it was a chore, Emma just wanted to debase those soldiers I mean in X-Men black she had many more falling out windows etc.

But as another user put it Emma is extra like that.

Also maybe there is an effort to nerf telepathy I got that sense from all the writers

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Bad example, this was a mistake everyone opposed already when it happened and as far as I know this was the only one case, so it's quite bad to follow. There are countless of times when Kurt calls her Katzen like in every other issue throughout the 80s and 90s, it's quite hard to forget or mistake it.

Besides Kurt is German, always using German words while speaking, that's exactly why he named her Katzen as the 'German version' of Kitty. Russian and German aren't the same, it shouldn't have been overlooked. Especially when the editor is a big Kurt and Kitty fan
    Maybe 'Katya' grew on him, he heard her being called like that.
    Kurt is German but he grew up in a circus, he must haved travelled a lot in his youth.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

The power dampening gun MacGuffin showed up and was pocketed by Emma.
    This is a Plot Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The power dampening gun MacGuffin showed up and was pocketed by Emma.
    This is a Plot Point.
    Shes gonna shoot Shaw but its going to be modified to forever remove a mutants powers