Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    That's interesting and think this holds water specifically with X Characters and I think this is why we rarely get solo titles of other members; they may get minis but full on runs is rare.

But back on topic; I thought it was okay and added a mystical quality to the Wolvie mythos but it could have been better.

Aaron has a great grasp on the character but I don't know where he wanted to go with the title because his real work with the character began on Wolverine & The X-Men
    Not really. Wolverine in team books has done worst things that a teammate can do since the beginning. His recent comics associated him with more x-men and that is why they are disappointing.

Yes it was.

Also LAME

That's interesting and think this holds water specifically with X Characters and I think this is why we rarely get solo titles of other members; they may get minis but full on runs is rare.

But back on topic; I thought it was okay and added a mystical quality to the Wolvie mythos but it could have been better.

Aaron has a great grasp on the character but I don't know where he wanted to go with the title because his real work with the character began on Wolverine & The X-Men
    I don't think it holds any water. Several X-characters were given chances at a solo and most of them failed(even some of my other favorites). Folks just love to hate on Logan because he's the most successful.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Not really. Wolverine in team books has done worst things that a teammate can do since the beginning. His recent comics associated him with more x-men and that is why they are disappointing.
    I understand in universe wise, but editorial wise I see why they always stick him on teams - he's really popular

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I don't think it holds any water. Several X-characters were given chances at a solo and most of them failed(even some of my other favorites). Folks just love to hate on Logan because he's the most successful.
    But that's my point they fail because people would rather see them on team books - except for Wolvie

I understand in universe wise, but editorial wise I see why they always stick him on teams - he's really popular

But that's my point they fail because people would rather see them on team books - except for Wolvie
    Storm is my 2nd favorite and I wish she'd get another shot at a solo. I have no problem reading about my favorite characters in multiple titles. A solo, a team book, makes no difference to me. If you enjoy a character, you support whatever appearance they make. That's how Wolverine survived years of bad stories 'n characterization and still sold.

Storm is my 2nd favorite and I wish she'd get another shot at a solo. I have no problem reading about my favorite characters in multiple titles. A solo, a team book, makes no difference to me. If you enjoy a character, you support whatever appearance they make. That's how Wolverine survived years of bad stories 'n characterization and still sold.
    Preach, do you know for how long I have wanted a solo run for Cyclops that gives a real character study and explores is crazy ass family.

There is so much potential from exploring his brothers, Sinister, Corsair, the Shi'ar, his children, Jean(s), Phoenix, the days when he was cosplaying as Malcolm X and his relationship with Prof. X.

But he keeps getting the short shrift because people think he's "boring"

Fantastic Member

I dont like the solos I dont care who it is. If they are the Xmen (team) then thats what I want to read a team book. They are good as in their place is on the team not in solo books that go against continuity character development and just keep getting cancelled and restarted
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 05-28-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

You only gave your opinion based on nothing for the character. I asked how HE is good on teams.But you were rolling with that SAME opinion. Stop trolling if you don't have any.
    You dont know what I gave my opinion based off of. And last I checked you dont hold any authority over anybodys opinion so it seems youre the one trolling. On subject and reiterating what I said he's not good in the solos in my opinion his place is on the team. Tye rest of the Xmen are good as in their place is on the team not in solos. Wolverine goes to hell was trash.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I dont read the solos I dont care who it is. If they are the Xmen (team) then thats what I want to read a team book. They are good as in their place is on the team not in solo books that go against continuity character development and just keep getting cancelled and restarted
    I can imagine this is what most people's point of view is as well.

But I wonder now that we have a legit Head of X: The God Hickman can we get more solos or at least minis

BANNED

I don't think popularity has anything to do with his bad comics. More like it was an editorial issue. Wolverine was popular since "always" I guess.

I don't think popularity has anything to do with his bad comics. More like it was an editorial issue. Wolverine was popular since "always" I guess.
    Maybe some of these comic creators actually enjoy writing Logan and want to use him. If he was being forced upon by editorial, we'd have a lot more Garth Ennis level characterizations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    You dont know what I gave my opinion based off of. And last I checked you dont hold any authority over anybodys opinion so it seems youre the one trolling. On subject and reiterating what I said he's not good in the solos in my opinion his place is on the team. Tye rest of the Xmen are good as in their place is on the team not in solos. Wolverine goes to hell was trash.
    Okay fine, I am gonna rephrase my question on teams. How WOLVERINE is good on teams based on proof?

Aaron's Wolverine or his recent comics(WaTXM) were mostly associated with X-Men. Wolverine Goes to Hell had Wolverine vs X-Men etc etc.

BANNED

Maybe some of these comic creators actually enjoy writing Logan and want to use him. If he was being forced upon by editorial, we'd have a lot more Garth Ennis level characterizations.
    Garth Ennis only despised the character and he admittedly said that. It wasn't forced by editoral. It has nothing to do with his bad comics or his insufferable character. His bad character was more to do with the likes of Quesada.
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-28-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Fantastic Member

Okay fine, I am gonna rephrase my question on teams. How WOLVERINE is good on teams based on proof?

Aaron's Wolverine or his recent comics(WaTXM) were mostly associated with X-Men. Wolverine Goes to Hell had Wolverine vs X-Men etc etc.
    Lol damn please god dont mention Jason Aaron's Xmen. That was horrific. If thats the subject matter we are going with then fine you win. I'll never read another comic again lmao