Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone else think Wolverine Goes To Hell was dissapointing?

I mean I think the Red Right Hand had a really dumb plan. For one I feel like there was no real guarantee if any of the Mongrels were Wolverine's children and second I think it's a bit stupid none of them have returned and be revealed to have a healing factor. I mean yeah I get they were mutants but maybe some of them had a healing factor and hadn't been seriously injured in the past enough to discover it? I mean Wolverine Goes To Hell had a good idea but the idea that none of the Mongrels would inherit his healing power is a tad far fetched and makes me wonder if any of them were really his kids. I mean Mysterio screwing with his head and tricking him into killing his fellow X-Men was a far better blow to Wolverine's mental and emotional state. Also the Red Right Hand's whole plan was to deny him revenge? I mean they just saved him the trouble of killing them and besides this is a guy who knows Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange do they really think a little thing like death is going to stop him from ripping them apart?

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed that arc, it was well done it was what got me into Aaron's Wolverine run and his writing. it wasn't until Kieron Gillen's Journey into the Mystery that revealed that Satan that Logan encounter was actual Hellstrom real dad, the hell lord Marduk Kurios as the Mephisto focused issue explain different hell lords competing for the throne of Satan. but yeah I love art, it actually got me to love David Acuna's art and it was a good sad emotional journey for Logan. I know Tom Taylor Wolverine run(with Laura as Wolvie) did a similar concept of the Red Right Hand with Orphan's of X which went after her and Daken. but man the Wolverine killed that many people that there would be different named factions wanting revenged for all the killing, it would make sense there's more than just RRH and OX.

Amazing Member

Personally I like the idea that if any of the Mongrels were mutants they lost their power due to M-day with the exception of Cannon Foot who seems to have powers.

Fantastic Member

Just about anything solo Wolverine is disappointing in my opinion. He's good on teams and honestly most of his history should still be unknown and a mystery

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Just about anything solo Wolverine is disappointing in my opinion. He's good on teams and honestly most of his history should still be unknown and a mystery
    NO. He is far decent in Wolverine comics than his team books. That is why they gave him a solo after the first volume. His recent books have turned out to be more about him with team books and that is why they are so bad.
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-27-2020 at 05:58 PM.

I wouldn't say it was disappointing. It wasn't great. I like how it started, but it got a little chaotic and disorganized. And the end didn't seem to have a lasting impact on Wolverine or his character. So overall, I see the story as a bit of a push. It had its moments, but even if it wasn't disappointing, it was fairly forgettable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    Personally I like the idea that if any of the Mongrels were mutants they lost their power due to M-day with the exception of Cannon Foot who seems to have powers.
    I was thinking maybe Fire Knives might a low level pyrokinetic. Sawfist might be technopath.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    NO. He is far decent in Wolverine comics than his team books. That is why they gave him a solo after the first volume. His recent books have turned out to be more about him with team books and that is why they are so bad.
    I disagree

BANNED

I disagree
    I would love to know how he is good on teams. I can give tons of atrocious stuff he did in team books since Claremont's run.

Fantastic Member

I would love to know how he is good on teams. I can give tons of atrocious stuff he did in team books since Claremont's run.
    I think all Xmen characters are better with their stories being fleshed out within the team book. So he's good there no need for a bunch of solos which end up being boring and not well written thus taking away from the character. Giving a bunch of examples wont convince anyone who's mind is already made up and thats frankly not even the issue im talking about. I have a different opinion so trying to argue that he's this great character in solo books and shouldnt be on an Xmen team book is a waste of time with me because I see it differently

BANNED

I think all Xmen characters are better with their stories being fleshed out within the team book. So he's good there no need for a bunch of solos which end up being boring and not well written thus taking away from the character. Giving a bunch of examples wont convince anyone who's mind is already made up and thats frankly not even the issue im talking about. I have a different opinion so trying to argue that he's this great character in solo books and shouldnt be on an Xmen team book is a waste of time with me because I see it differently
    Saying that I can give a bunch of examples doesn't mean my mind is made up because your points might add up to the betterment of his character rather more than those bad things that he has done. And if you don't have any then why did you say that he is good in team book anyway.
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-28-2020 at 02:04 AM.

Fantastic Member

Saying that I can give a bunch of examples doesn't mean my mind is made up because your points might add up to the betterment of his character rather more than those bad things that he has done. And if you don't have any then why did you say that he is good in team book anyway.
    I explained why. Stop trying to argue and read the actual post

Yes it was dissapointing, there are some cool things, but the twist is so obvius and the Mongrels are such non-characthers that the whole thing isn't as impactfull as it could have been. Plus, apparently that twist was Aaron copying himself, because he already did that with Fat Cobra.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

I explained why. Stop trying to argue and read the actual post
    You only gave your opinion based on nothing for the character. I asked how HE is good on teams.But you were rolling with that SAME opinion. Stop trolling if you don't have any.
    "I think all Xmen characters are better with their stories being fleshed out within the team book. So he's good there no need for a bunch of solos which end up being boring and not well written thus taking away from the character."
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-28-2020 at 04:45 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

That's interesting and think this holds water specifically with X Characters and I think this is why we rarely get solo titles of other members; they may get minis but full on runs is rare.

But back on topic; I thought it was okay and added a mystical quality to the Wolvie mythos but it could have been better.

Aaron has a great grasp on the character but I don't know where he wanted to go with the title because his real work with the character began on Wolverine & The X-Men