Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #43 (LG #844) Spoiler Thread/Discussion

A solid issue! I'll post what happened here in this issue:

spoilers:
    Spider-Man and Boomerang try to take down Gog. Fred, naturally, tries to run away.
    Boomerang accidentally leads Gog above ground and to the streets; Peter rushes in to save the people
    Mayor Fisk shows up and opens fire on all three of them. Peter steps in and takes out Fisk's men
    Peter notices that Gog is hurting and not really fighting. In fact, he's playing with Boomerang's boomerangs like frisbees.
    Peter remembers that Mr. Fantastic put Pym Particles in Gog, and asks Fred to throw in a "sleeperang" into the back of a track. Gog shrinks down and falls asleep.
    Boomerang then convinces Spider-Man to let Peter keep Gog as a pet, which Peter says he's been avoiding (having a pet).
    Elsewhere, in a new "Sins of...", Sin-Eater observes a mysterious thing that's trying to break out of its prison. We have no clue what it is, but it's big, strong, and dangerous.
    end of spoilers

What did you all think of the issue? And the conclusion of "True Companions"? We had a long wait between #42 and #43, and we have about a month and a half until #44. But still!

Astonishing Member

Great Issue Im so happy this was one of the first Marvel issues we got in a while, I admit a pet Gog is a new idea that I can see people not liking as it would make him less relatable but screw that. i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Great Issue Im so happy this was one of the first Marvel issues we got in a while, I admit a pet Gog is a new idea that I can see people not liking as it would make him less relatable but screw that. i like it.
    Same! I'm thinking the exact same.

Spider-Man has always had zany elements, so, I'm down for a pet mini-Gog.

Mind you, my boycott stands until OMD is addressed so the character of Peter can progress (in some fashion) again. I'm also still having a hard time forgiving Editorial for what was done to Otto, but I digress.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Spider-Man has always had zany elements, so, I'm down for a pet mini-Gog.

Mind you, my boycott stands until OMD is addressed so the character of Peter can progress (in some fashion) again. I'm also still having a hard time forgiving Editorial for what was done to Otto, but I digress.
    Oh come on Celgress: there are much worse things happening than the cancellation of "Superior Spider-Man." Why punish a series for the editorial decisions of another (low-selling) title?
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 05-27-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Gog is a good boi and I would die protecting him.

It was an ok issue. I’m ready to see what’s gonna happen with Kindred now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    It was an ok issue. I’m ready to see what’s gonna happen with Kindred now.
    Issue #44 has Spider-Man meeting Kindred for the first time!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Gog is a good boi and I would die protecting him.
    Yes, he is, and I am also looking forward to Kindred confronting Peter in person as opposed to taunting him through a dream.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Oh come on Celgress: there are much worse things happening than the cancellation of "Superior Spider-Man." Why punish a series for the editorial decisions of another (low-selling) title?
    Because I can, and because I believe in voting with my dollars. After more than a decade, I've had enough of Peter being frozen in amber.

Edit - To give a peek into my mindset:

The three Marvel properties I'm most interested in currently are Hulk, X-Men, and Venom. The common thread among these three is that Marvel is trying something radically new with each while respecting their roots. Unlike Spider-Man who has atrophied these properties feel like they are boldly moving forward to cover new ground. While taking a character back to basics can be fun, and safe from a profitability standpoint, it is also can be boring for long term readers once the nostalgia pop wears off.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-27-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Issue #44 has Spider-Man meeting Kindred for the first time!
    Yeah I’m really pumped for that one!

Because I can, and because I believe in voting with my dollars. After more than a decade, I've had enough of Peter being frozen in amber.

Edit - To give a peek into my mindset:

The three Marvel properties I'm most interested in currently are Hulk, X-Men, and Venom. The common thread among these three is that Marvel is trying something radically new with each while respecting their roots. Unlike Spider-Man who has atrophied these properties feel like they are boldly moving forward to cover new ground. While taking a character back to basics can be fun, and safe from a profitability standpoint, it is also can be boring for long term readers once the nostalgia pop wears off.
    I see what you're saying, but Spencer is doing new things with the character, specifically at his own pace. But in any case, this is a discussion thread: I'm not looking to have this debate.

I see what you're saying, but Spencer is doing new things with the character, specifically at his own pace. But in any case, this is a discussion thread: I'm not looking to have this debate.
    You could have fooled me by your somewhat aggressive response to my first in-thread post , but hey you're right about not derailing things. We should not drag this issue discussion thread off course.

You could have fooled me by your somewhat aggressive response to my first in-thread post , but hey you're right about not derailing things. We should not drag this issue discussion thread off course.
    All good! No worries.

Astonishing Member

man waiting for this issue to come out, 2 months I used the time to order Nick Spencer Superior Foes to get my fix and enjoyed it very much and then I found out Nick's run on Ant-man was a spiritual sequel to Superior Foes and I brought those read it and it was fun but not as good but it was entertaining with Lady Beetle having a big role in it.