Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Venom #25 Discussion and Review

Overall I liked the issue,. Cates brings a great voice to Eddie and I liked both the fights and inner turmoil.

My only problem is with the Carnage Symbiote. Such a mess and can't make out whats happening.

Spoilers Below

Never thought I'd see Eddie using the Carnage Symbiote
    Loved the Return of the T-Rex Symbiote
    Happy to see Sleeper

I don't understand the ending. Dylan destroys his half, Normie's part, and Eddie's. But somehow Eddie's survived and it bonded with a shark?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Overall I liked the issue,. Cates brings a great voice to Eddie and I liked both the fights and inner turmoil.

My only problem is with the Carnage Symbiote. Such a mess and can't make out whats happening.

Spoilers Below

Never thought I'd see Eddie using the Carnage Symbiote
    Loved the Return of the T-Rex Symbiote
    Happy to see Sleeper

I don't understand the ending. Dylan destroys his half, Normie's part, and Eddie's. But somehow Eddie's survived and it bonded with a shark?
    Because Carnage never dies, that's how. That said, I did like Ryan Stegman's rendition of a fully armored Knull, and I'd agree with you about liking Cates's characterization of Eddie through this issue.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 05-27-2020 at 07:18 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Wow, that issue was something, that Bagley art and Stegman doing his 2 page spread of things to come. and that backup by David Michelinie and Ron Lim, reading it was great for early Venom but compare to how Eddie is now and back then, its like night and day as Eddie is more self-aware of his faults and realizing he was wrong in his way of thinking. in my opinion its character growth.

Quick read, kinda felt rushed after the previous four issues, but enjoyed it as always. Thought backup story was fun. Was lucky to grab the last issue at my LCS. Owner said folks were grabbing multiple copies (cover variations).

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because Carnage never dies, that's how. That said, I did like Ryan Stegman's rendition of a fully armored Knull, and I'd agree with you about liking Cates's characterization of Eddie through this issue.
    It still bothers me. Carnage is worse than a cockroach but if we get a Venomsaurus Rex vs Sharknage then all will be forgiven

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    It still bothers me. Carnage is worse than a cockroach but if we get a Venomsaurus Rex vs Sharknage then all will be forgiven
    Ha, that would be awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.