Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I recall, there was, on Season Two of Ultimate Spider-Man, when Otto was mad-scientist-ing his own "Sinister Six".
    Good point. Maybe that was it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    From The Spectacular Spider-Man, I take it?
    Yeah, when the Rhino was created (the armor didn't NEED to look like a Rhino, but Ock was being creative).

I just thought the quote made sense given the topic at hand.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Yeah, when the Rhino was created (the armor didn't NEED to look like a Rhino, but Ock was being creative).

I just thought the quote made sense given the topic at hand.
    Thanks, and it does.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Writers always base their villains (and characters as a whole) after something. It speeds up the creation process.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I always liked JMS' totem explanation. It explained Spider-man's villains, but also Captain America (always fighting fascist and anarchist, terrorist type characters), mutants fighting mutants, Hulk fighting other gamma mutates, etc. Although it's just a fancier way of saying what others posted above me.

Fantastic Member

Rhino: "I'm a rhino, you're a scorpion and he's an octopus, what's a Mysterio?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I always liked JMS' totem explanation. It explained Spider-man's villains, but also Captain America (always fighting fascist and anarchist, terrorist type characters), mutants fighting mutants, Hulk fighting other gamma mutates, etc. Although it's just a fancier way of saying what others posted above me.
    That's somewhat enforced by the writers and audience expectations.

Stan Lee originally wanted Green Goblin to be a resurrected supernatural entity, but Ditko nixed the idea because he felt that that would be too out there for the genre he wanted. It's the same reason why they decided to retcon the Tinkerer, who was originally implied to be an alien, to being a normal human being.

Have you ever thought of what Spider-Man would be like if they didn't decide revise their ideas? Most people I read prefer them as they are now. It's why Spider-Man is "street-level" hero. People prefer him to be there.

Anyone else wonder what would happen if he fought his Japanese villains like the Machine BEMs and the Gokibu?

Spectacular Member

I guess it’s because the villains’ theme, animals, will match with spider-man. Not only that, most of his villains got their powers from an accident which is the same for spider-man as well.

We are all savage animals and beasts, clawing at each other in some hopeless attempt to find purpose and peace. Except Quentin. Quentin is God.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate