Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cavill In Talks To Return As Superman

https://www.cbr.com/man-steel-henry-...perman-return/
    https://twitter.com/deadline/status/...833540097?s=21
    While there is not a Man of Steel sequel in the works, we’re hearing that Henry Cavill is in talks to reprise his role as Superman in the Warner Bros. DC Universe.

We hear Cavill could come back in a couple of different ways, not a standalone film, but there are plans to put him back in the big red cape again sources with knowledge tell us.

Warner Bros. is not developing a Man of Steel sequel, and Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad are in the can, and Superman isn’t expected to make a cameo in Matt Reeves’ The Batman. Other projects where Cavill could make a cameo are Shazam 2, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam or Aquaman 2, which are the next productions to be prepped once COVID-19 safety restrictions lift.
    Thoughts? I was kind of hoping they’d reboot Superman and move on, but what the hell. Seeing Superman and Shazam team up to fight Black Adam could be pretty cool. I gotta think that if Cavill is talking, these team-ups would rehabilitate his version to the general audience so that if he can win the public over he’ll get another shot at a Superman solo. The initial rumors from way back after Justice League in regards to Cavill’s contract disputes from what I recall were very similar, WB just wanted him to cameo in other movies, and Cavill wasn’t satisfied with that. It’s possible he’s backed down but I do think there’s a chance he’s trying to get a clause made that if the public warms up to him, he can get another solo.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-27-2020 at 06:20 PM.