Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm actually fine with him returning as Superman, he in my opinion was never the problem it was always the stories/movies he was in which was mostly written and or controlled by Snyder who had no understanding of the character.

I wish he'd get another Solo movie with another director but I'd be okay with a cameo or team-up.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think this is all building towards a Superman & Shazam vs Black Adam movie.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

As I said elsewhere:

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    That is excellent.

Not just because I love Cavill, he's cool but could probably do better with more flattering material; but because this means Superman has an immediate place in future DC movies.

Us Superman fans were looking at another potential decade without a Superman movie, or team-up movies with Wonder Woman and Aquaman that unceremoniously abandoned the importance of the world's first Superhero. At the very least, this opens the door to a Superman sequel, or a Justice League/DC Team movie that doesn't ignore him. Superman's legacy must never fall into obscurity, and that looked like a very real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think this is all building towards a Superman & Shazam vs Black Adam movie.
    I think Shazam 2 will be Billy, his family with a little Superman VS Mr Mind and Sivanna
    Then the 3rd one will probably be a Shazam vs Black Adam movie. I don’t want Clark to be in more than one Shazam movie though. Sorta like Iron Man in the new Spider-Man movies, he’d overstay his welcome. Better to just give him aanother shot at a solo film after showing up in Shazam 2 and maybe that Flashpoint movie if that ever happens.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-27-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think Shazam 2 will be Billy, his family with a little Superman VS Mr Mind and Sivanna
    Then the 3rd one will probably be a Shazam vs Black Adam movie. I don’t want Clark to be in more than one Shazam movie though. Sorta like Iron Man in the new Spider-Man movies, he’d overstay his welcome. Better to just give him aanother shot at a solo film after showing up in Shazam 2 and maybe that Flashpoint movie if that ever happens.
    The Rock wants to fight Superman, though.

I can see Clark Kent or Superman talking to Billy while mentoring him like that scene in the comics revealing his dual identity.

And then Shazam VS Black Adam with an small role by Superman.

I see these roles as build up to a Man of Steel 2 in a couple of years. Build Superman up like the beacon of hope and glue of DCU.

The Black Adam movie takes place in the past though, I think ancient Kandaq and World War 2, well before Clark was born/arrived on earth. The Rock gonna be fighting Hawkman and the JSA. And with Shazam 2 will probably be Billy against Mr Mind, I don’t think Adam will be in that one. I kinda figure they know that they will have to wait until Shazam 3 to get Dwayne Johnson and his box office $$$, so in the meanwhile, bringing in a Superman team up (and possible MOS 2 setup) as “the hook” for Shazam 2. So if I had to guess, I don’t think he will fight Black Adam.
    Anyway I agree with others who would prefer a reboot with a new actor and better foundation. But if Snyder isn’t involved and we get a less grim and pretentious tone, maybe we can get something good out of it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The shazam wasn't the blockbuster they wanted. It just made its money back due to low buget. Having superman in their is precisely what they would want. Superman is still a draw. His first movies had made more money than batman's . Billy is entirely a kid. Superdad enterpretation might work.They might be thinking of making superman, billy's mentor. Then have the fight of the century between the two and black adam. I remember shazam 2 being green lit. So there is that.

All-New Member

Default Knowing the based and right director to use cavill

The director and producer using cavill as superman isn't really undestanding the point, cavill's storyline keep droping due to lack of understanding if they could create a perfect connection i think there wouldn't be a problem when cavill returns as superman.

Good ! He needs to get back in the role, for me !

Amazing Member

Good news for me. Cavill and his team are the only ones that can save Superman from WB execs at this point. He cares enough about the character to still be around and he knows enough of the source material to at least have ideas for the character.

The Rock could be a problem though. I love The Rock, but man, his movies suck ass! Also he has a massive ego. There's no way he's gonna jump into this franchise to just be a bad guy for a movie or two. His involvement in the Fast & Furious got to a point that even pissed off some of the cast members. And only to spew that Hobbs & Shaw movie. Those are the type of flicks he makes and produces. Dump action movies that only serve to make The Rock look good. And hell he said himself that he wanted play Superman. So I imagine his Black Adam is going to be just some deranged version of what Dwayne Johnson thinks Superman his.

dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

All I have to say is, until we know for sure, I'm not getting excited.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Besides, if WB continue to screw the character up (which is likely), I'd rather it not tarnish yet another actor's resume. Better to let Cavill keep the role and take the risk for now; he's already been burned and managed to recover with the Witcher. I figure it's like chicken pox, once you get it you can't really get it again.
    Good point. But it makes it harder to do an about face. I'm very fond of Webb's Spider-Man but getting Tom Holland to replace Garfield was pretty necessary as it immediately stood on its own. Cavill would have to get past biases against his other Superman before he would even get the chance to make people appreciate a new project for what it is.

And really I'd cringe if we got some new movie where (t)he(y) essentially looks at the audience to apologize for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm inclined to like Cavill, but hearing he's still in talks is like watching a live lottery telecast and seeing you matched the first number. You still have five more things have to fall into place before you can do any sort of real celebrating.
    Also a good point. I hate the lotto and the stress and anxiety of slowly finding out I'm "not the one," lol. Realistically we're just talking about another cameo and it's not as if the article even toys with the chance of more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperMule View Post
    Good news for me. Cavill and his team are the only ones that can save Superman from WB execs at this point. He cares enough about the character to still be around and he knows enough of the source material to at least have ideas for the character.

The Rock could be a problem though. I love The Rock, but man, his movies suck ass! Also he has a massive ego. There's no way he's gonna jump into this franchise to just be a bad guy for a movie or two. His involvement in the Fast & Furious got to a point that even pissed off some of the cast members. And only to spew that Hobbs & Shaw movie. Those are the type of flicks he makes and produces. Dump action movies that only serve to make The Rock look good. And hell he said himself that he wanted play Superman. So I imagine his Black Adam is going to be just some deranged version of what Dwayne Johnson thinks Superman his.
    So what do you love about the Rock?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    So what do you love about the Rock?
    Hahaha he is/was one of my favorite wrestlers.

I always liked Cavill and liked Man of Steel a lot even with all it's faults. But having him in the "Hulk" role for the DCEU is kinda weird now though, since there really isn't a coherent plan for a DCEU anymore. I really don't see WB's doing a 180 on that front at this point, so it'll be kind of weird and meaningless to me to have him just pop into various movies to punch things without getting any kind of character work. Like the Black Adam thing really doesn't excite me at all. We've already seen him in that type of fight like three times and The Rock isn't going to star in a movie where he gets his ass kicked by Superman. I don't really think DC can pull of something like Thor Ragnarok either at this point either where he'd basically co-star in a movie. If this evolves into a Man of Steel 2? Maybe they could make that work better.

I would be way more excited if they announced they were doing a The Batman style reboot. I want a good Superman movie, not Superman guest staring in 5 unconnected DC movies to punch things.
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-28-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Spectacular Member

If he was in one of the Shazam sequels I guess I'd be excited but I'd much rather they moved on and rebooted it.