Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In theory, probably the best possible time to do Superman & The Legion of Super-Heroes. That story doesn't require Superman's set up or supporting cast, and it's largely about introducing the Legion. Do it from their POV, take off the story's emotional load from Superman, and cast him primarily an immovable paragon to be aspired towards. Kind of an inspirational Hulk who functions as the heart and muscle of the film.

But I don't think they're interested in expanding that way yet, and maybe not even with Clark. Seems their goal is a punching contest with Black Adam...
    Yeah! I don't think this guy being superboy would fit in with characterisation. Him knowing his future would undercut the uncertainties the character had to go through.Maybe a later on, as superman. Superman meets legion kind of thing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-29-2020 at 12:16 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! I don't think this guy being superboy would fit in with characterisation.
    Not really what I meant, nor is it actually required for that story to function in adaptation form.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

But I don't think they're interested in expanding that way yet, and maybe not even with Clark. Seems their goal is a punching contest with Black Adam...
    Ugh, getting BvS nightmares. If it ever comes to, "Henry wants this, but Dwayne wants that..."

Is now also a good time to make a joke about the O/U on how many lines of dialogue Henry will have in a "cameo" role?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

In theory, probably the best possible time to do Superman & The Legion of Super-Heroes. That story doesn't require Superman's set up or supporting cast, and it's largely about introducing the Legion. Do it from their POV, take off the story's emotional load from Superman, and cast him primarily an immovable paragon to be aspired towards. Kind of an inspirational Hulk who functions as the heart and muscle of the film.

I'd love to see that. You can adapt that storyline pretty straight up and it would spin the Legion off AND set up Superman in a new light. Both of which would be dope.

I'd take a harder sci-fi 5YL Legion aesthetic.

I think the answer to a lot of the problems with Superman could be answered by just getting weirder and going heavier on the science fiction.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-29-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Not really what I meant, nor is it actually required for that story to function in adaptation form.
    So, no superboy just allusions to superman as historical figure who changed the world? Is that what you meant?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Ugh, getting BvS nightmares. If it ever comes to, "Henry wants this, but Dwayne wants that..."
    Holy sh!t, have you ever heard about the super strange contract stipulations that The Rock and all the Fast & Furious stars have for their characters, and how there like a legit hierarchy at play??

Like, for example, The Rock has a thing in his contract that says that he "gives as good as he gets" in a fight, he's not allowed to look totally helpless during a fight, and fights with him and other stars end in draws or get interrupted (depending on the hierarchy and maybe the story sometimes I guess lol). These are real things that someone wrote down and asked another person to sign in order for what amounts to a billion dollar episode of WWE to happen....oh and cars are there too I guess lol

And now that I've told you, you'll never unsee it lol Their fight's gonna be goofy as hell.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-29-2020 at 12:49 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So, no superboy just allusions to superman as historical figure who changed the world? Is that what you meant?
    SUPERMAN AND THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES was a Geoff Johns storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    SUPERMAN AND THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES was a Geoff Johns storyline.
    I would be fine with this superman meeting legion. it would take some weight of from the dude. He seems to be under too much pressure.
    Edit - Also, don't tell toxic part of snyderbase that. They hate geoff johns from what i have heard.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-29-2020 at 02:46 PM.

This sounds like it's kind of a bit of a big nothing at the moment.

"The situation with Henry Cavill and Superman is … complicated," THR reports. "Sources tell Heat Vision that Cavill is not in any negotiations for any cameo. And t hat the character is currently not in any written script. Not in Black Adam, not The Batman, not even in The Flash, which would be the most obvious project to insert the Kryptonian, seeing as the film deals with both time travel and an alternate Earth, and could serve as an easy entry point."
    https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/new...mpression=true

Or a Superman/Shazam team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This sounds like it's kind of a bit of a big nothing at the moment.

https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/new...mpression=true
    Interesting, looks like they’re hearing different things. But I never expected Cavill to cameo in Batman or Flash, those are going to be solos. Him being in Black Adam doesn’t make sense either since that will take place mostly in the past. If anything I expected him to cameo in Shazam 2 or Aquaman 2. Sounds like everything is still in flux unsurprisingly, and of course there’s the wild card of if Abrams is going to want to make a Superman movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'd love to see that. You can adapt that storyline pretty straight up and it would spin the Legion off AND set up Superman in a new light. Both of which would be dope.

I'd take a harder sci-fi 5YL Legion aesthetic.

I think the answer to a lot of the problems with Superman could be answered by just getting weirder and going heavier on the science fiction.
    I think LOSH might be a great way to reboot Superman and tell a new 'origin story' of sorts without really retreading any old material.

The Legion is facing some threat for which they need Superman's help. So they hop into an experimental time machine and pop back in time...only to arrive about 15-20 years to early, and they end up meeting a 17 year old Clark Kent instead. So they bring him to the future, Clark ends up putting on a suit retrieved from the museum and becomes 'Superman' for the first time and sort of grows into the role while working with the Legion.

And they could stick with this new version of Superman for subsequent movies and take the character in a more sci-fi and cosmic focused direction ala the Silver Age.

Amazing Member

Holy sh!t, have you ever heard about the super strange contract stipulations that The Rock and all the Fast & Furious stars have for their characters, and how there like a legit hierarchy at play??

Like, for example, The Rock has a thing in his contract that says that he "gives as good as he gets" in a fight, he's not allowed to look totally helpless during a fight, and fights with him and other stars end in draws or get interrupted (depending on the hierarchy and maybe the story sometimes I guess lol). These are real things that someone wrote down and asked another person to sign in order for what amounts to a billion dollar episode of WWE to happen....oh and cars are there too I guess lol

And now that I've told you, you'll never unsee it lol Their fight's gonna be goofy as hell.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. Dwayne Johnson and his production company have a very clear idea of what they want their movies to look like. That stupid crap is their MO. Gotta make The Rock look good no matter what. They're probably dying for the opportunity to jump into the super-hero genre and DC is weak right now so they'll try to take over. Now that I think about it, Cavill's agent is The Rock's ex-wife.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They've already established their universe, another reboot would just create more problems. I was originally in favor of a reboot too but I just want to move on at this point. We've already got two WW movies and there's another Suicide Squad in the works. Suicide Squad! On top of Flash, another Aquaman, Shazam, and now Black Adam, which is supposedly what he's coming back for. I would rather they just move forward at this point and get this universe rolling.
    I was also in favor of a partial reboot, just MoS and B v S. But, at this point, it would just make things more confusing and wouldn't make any difference. People are not going to count remakes as anything but new movies. They aren't going to forget that MoS and B v S were the beginning of the DCEU along with all the negative feelings for the DCEU and all the positive feelings for some that they generated. I also like Cavill as Superman. At this point, it is definitely better to just keep going.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperMule View Post
    That's exactly what I was talking about. Dwayne Johnson and his production company have a very clear idea of what they want their movies to look like. That stupid crap is their MO. Gotta make The Rock look good no matter what. They're probably dying for the opportunity to jump into the super-hero genre and DC is weak right now so they'll try to take over. Now that I think about it, Cavill's agent is The Rock's ex-wife.
    That's...an interesting coincidence .