Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

I’ve said this before but Cavill Superman is what made me take notice of the character. Before that, I’d seen some of the 70’s movies, which I detest, and a handful of comics. Cavill made the character seem like a real person. I was curious to see if they would finally give us an ethnically diverse Superman but I’m thrilled to have Cavill back. I don’t want the Justice League version though. That felt forced.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Whitcher seems to have worked for him.
    Witcher was a great boon for Cavill, but I'm not sure if that will translate to his Superman popularity. Maybe the idea that he deserves one more chance...

I'm glad things are looking more positive for him. Hopefully he can get a stand alone movie.

Extraordinary Member

Most people forget New Gods and Legion of Superheroes are spin-offs from the Superman Franchise.

What if Cavill has a role in Ava DuVernay’s New Gods film?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Whitcher seems to have worked for him.
    I wouldn't know, haven't seen it.

Completely agree with Campea and Erin about Henry possibly coming back as Superman in DC movies. Do it right and with the respect and reverence the character deserves, or don't do it. Don't do what the CW has done with him.

This is a great interview, especially from start to the min 1:30.

Cavill talks about what his favorite character to play so far is. Loved his answer, it feels sincere.

Also talks about how he would like Man of Steel 2 to be about.. I think he gets what most Superman fans really want to see. He basically says he wished BvS didn't happen.. I know Henry, many of us do to.

Extraordinary Member

New Gods film.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Most people forget New Gods and Legion of Superheroes are spin-offs from the Superman Franchise.

What if Cavill has a role in Ava DuVernay’s New Gods film?
    I think they've already got enough characters and concepts to introduce in that film without needing to throw Superman into the mix, but as a post credits stinger, I think it would be awesome

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’ve said this before but Cavill Superman is what made me take notice of the character. Before that, I’d seen some of the 70’s movies, which I detest, and a handful of comics. Cavill made the character seem like a real person. I was curious to see if they would finally give us an ethnically diverse Superman but I’m thrilled to have Cavill back. I don’t want the Justice League version though. That felt forced.
    Watch Superman TAS. This is the definitive Superman to me, the movie never were able to achieve that balance between relatable and god like.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Watch Superman TAS. This is the definitive Superman to me, the movie never were able to achieve that balance between relatable and god like.

Nah! Superman tas was at best mediocre. They got better with new gods being introduced. But, show runners clearly have hard time with superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    To each his own, but there was nothing particularly god-like about Superman in TAS, other than the last episode (which I thought was terrific). What they captured well was his human decency, but at the same time they tried to stray as far away from the "Super" without totally destroying the character, so IMO there was no balancing. They just stripped away at the aspect of the character that didn't suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    To each his own, but there was nothing particularly god-like about Superman in TAS, other than the last episode (which I thought was terrific). What they captured well was his human decency, but at the same time they tried to stray as far away from the "Super" without totally destroying the character, so IMO there was no balancing. They just stripped away at the aspect of the character that didn't suit them.
    Agreed. It's a good take on the post-Crisis version of the character but it doesn't have the scope to be (for me) a definitive Superman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'd borderline kill for a Man of Steel Sequel

I loved Cavil's Performance and I think he nailed Superman's Character. At this point, I'd be thrilled if he appeared as Superman in just about any Movie

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agreed. It's a good take on the post-Crisis version of the character but it doesn't have the scope to be (for me) a definitive Superman.
    I think both STAS and at least MoS did better takes on post-COIE Superman than actual early post-COIE Superman.

But it being post-COIE inspired over other versions also means it is inherently not great to me