Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Retired

I'd assume they are talking to him about doing reshoots and looping for the Snyder Cut. But I don't know how that works. For the theatrical cut that would all be in his contract for the movie--so they wouldn't have to pay him extra and he'd be committed. But for the Snyder Cut, I would guess that they do have to pay him extra.

So maybe if they're talking to him about that, there's something else they've put on the table. I gather he didn't agree to do the cameo in SHAZAM! because that would count as the last movie he was contracted to play--and then they wouldn't have to offer him anything else. He was holding out for more than a cameo, I think. So another cameo doesn't seem in his best interest unless it leads to more.

If there was one movie, other than a Superman solo, that he ought to be in, it should be a Supergirl movie. That's the one property where the lack of Superman would irk me the most.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

If there was one movie, other than a Superman solo, that he ought to be in, it should be a Supergirl movie. That's the one property where the lack of Superman would irk me the most.
    Wasn't it rumoured that they dropped supergirl idea and decided to focus on superman again? They might not have gotten a solid idea for the character so decided to have cameo till they get it or maybe they are testing superman's draw. As said shazam movie wasn't much of financial Juggernaut. It made its money back with a very low budget. Also, bop flop means their would be reluctance in trying new ip with shared universe not working,unfortunately.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Like I said on the Superman & Lois thread, I kind of washed my hands of the whole DCEU a long time ago. If they do better by Superman in the future, great! I'll pick it back up again. But I'm not counting on it for my Superman fix. I don't blame Cavill for holding out for a straight up sequel. Making him cameo in everyone else's movies, which is what this looks like, would get old and watching everyone else get a sequel before you would be enough to make me want to walk away too. At this point, we'll be looking at ten years between Superman movies.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Well, this is exactly what we DIDN'T want to have happen:

https://www.cbr.com/henry-cavill-sup...ike-role-dceu/

I have no desire to sit through a Harley Quinn 3 just for a five minute cameo.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Like I said on the Superman & Lois thread, I kind of washed my hands of the whole DCEU a long time ago. If they do better by Superman in the future, great! I'll pick it back up again. But I'm not counting on it for my Superman fix. I don't blame Cavill for holding out for a straight up sequel. Making him cameo in everyone else's movies, which is what this looks like, would get old and watching everyone else get a sequel before you would be enough to make me want to walk away too. At this point, we'll be looking at ten years between Superman movies.
    As long as i don't get something like the jl again.i will be fine. If not i will be done as well. I want this superman to have an organic evolution that fits him.The character doesn't have to turn into something else to exist.

For once, I'm going to look on the bright side. Considering how badly WB keeps flopping on telling a feature-length Superman story, maybe creating smaller, digestible roles for Superman is actually a goal they could reasonably achieve...

[And now, back to skepticism]

... but if they are just going to give Supes crappy, bite-sized roles, then we'll have hit a new low.

Hot take: Superman should be the Stan Lee of the DCEU. If they can't tell stories about him, then give us visible "lip service" that Superman ties all this stuff together.

Incredible Member

No.

Henry Cavill = Dark Superman.

Christopher Reeve-like Superman, such as Brandon Routh, can be like another guy like him, or no Superman at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    No.

Christopher Reeve-like Superman, such as Brandon Routh, can be like another guy like him, or no Superman at all.
    I would have understood if you said you want chris reeve superman. But, saying there should be no other superman is nonsensical. As much as i like reeve and his reverence of the character. The character itself is beyond one portrayal.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Am I the only one disappointed they're not just moving on with a new actor? I never really liked Cavill that much in the role (he was just fine to me) and I doubt it was all just because of Snyder. Seeing someone new would be exciting.
    You're not. I was never wowed by him, and I'd have liked it if we put the past near decade behind us. And this "Hulk-like role" is kind of hilarious.

But on the bright side, at least it's not a Clark Kent origin again. I'm ready to move forward, and I hope WB/AT&T are too.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You're not. I was never wowed by him, and I'd have liked it if we put the past near decade behind us. And this "Hulk-like role" is kind of hilarious.

But on the bright side, at least it's not a Clark Kent origin again. I'm ready to move forward, and I hope WB/AT&T are too.
    Guys, if they had something to move forward with. A director with a pitch. They would have done it already. Henry himself pitched an idea with a director. These guys rejected them.The idea that henry would sign up to do just some hulk like cameo is hilarious. I am very sure this will be a testing Phase. Ofcourse, it could turn out just that depending on how they move forward.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-28-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Good point. But it makes it harder to do an about face. I'm very fond of Webb's Spider-Man but getting Tom Holland to replace Garfield was pretty necessary as it immediately stood on its own. Cavill would have to get past biases against his other Superman before he would even get the chance to make people appreciate a new project for what it is.

And really I'd cringe if we got some new movie where (t)he(y) essentially looks at the audience to apologize for the last time.
    They've already begun the about-face with Whedon's contributions to JL.

And since WB doesn't intend on doing another solo, might as well give Cavill the chance to play Superman right, if only in a bit role.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Brandon Routh is much better than suited for Superman than Henry Cavil will ever be.

Retired

I know that this idea that Cavill would do Hulk-like cameos in D.C. movies already went through the news cycle a couple years ago. I wonder if the news is just being run by a robot that sends out items according to an algorithm and maybe all of this isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wasn't it rumoured that they dropped supergirl idea and decided to focus on superman again?
    The other Superman cameo I would appreciate is in a Krypto movie. Adapt "Starwinds Howl" (by Elliot S! Maggin) as either a combo of live action and photo-realistic C.G. or as a full-on animated feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    No.

If we're going to complain that Cavill is "Dark Superman," can't we complain that Routh was eavesdropping, peeping-Tom Superman who let someone else raise his kid for four years?

I'd just say it took three movies for Chris Evans Captain America to be interesting, and it took five for Chris Hemsworth Thor to be entertaining on-screen. Maybe the 4th time would be the charm for Cavill?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I always liked Cavill and liked Man of Steel a lot even with all it's faults. But having him in the "Hulk" role for the DCEU is kinda weird now though, since there really isn't a coherent plan for a DCEU anymore. I really don't see WB's doing a 180 on that front at this point, so it'll be kind of weird and meaningless to me to have him just pop into various movies to punch things without getting any kind of character work. Like the Black Adam thing really doesn't excite me at all. We've already seen him in that type of fight like three times and The Rock isn't going to star in a movie where he gets his ass kicked by Superman. I don't really think DC can pull of something like Thor Ragnarok either at this point either where he'd basically co-star in a movie. If this evolves into a Man of Steel 2? Maybe they could make that work better.

I would be way more excited if they announced they were doing a The Batman style reboot. I want a good Superman movie, not Superman guest staring in 5 unconnected DC movies to punch things.
    This is kind of my concern as well.

And this is just Superman? I guess it's cheaper then bringing Amy Adams back too.