Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22,223

    Default Mark Waid Q&A on DC Universe

    Mark Waid's been answering questions on DC Universe. When asked what he'd like to write, without restrictions, he said that he can't answer that as it could be a spoiler - so what book is he making his DC comeback on, I wonder? He also answered several questions about his Flash and Impulse runs.
    https://community.dcuniverse.com/t/l...8pm-et/1027004
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #2
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,187

    Default

    Is Waid still pissed at DC EiC Bob Harras?

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Is Waid still pissed at DC EiC Bob Harras?
    It seems his general beef was with DiDio. From what I take of interview, he's definitely coming back.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    I believe he's back. Hopefully, they'll let him fix Wally.

    PLEASE let him fix Wally.

  5. #5

    Default

    Yeah, given that he's even anywhere near a DC Comics forum, it would seem that he's really coming back to do something.

    I can't imagine anything but the firing of Dan DiDio would cause this. Definitely, there was bad blood between the two regarding the 52 weekly series as well as Waid's reaction to DiDio's Countdown weekly.

    I wonder if, given Waid's love for DC and knowledge of its characters and history, he's coming back in a larger fashion than as just a writer.

    He could be very useful to DC as a group editor, say on the Superman titles, or even in DiDio's old job as Co-Publisher!

  6. #6
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,187

    Default

    I wouldn't get your hopes up about Waid doing a third run on The Flash. He has been pretty open about how much he regrets returning to Wally following Bart's disastrous run as Flash.

    That said, I would love to see him do a team book that featured Wally, Bart, Jessie, Max, XS, and Jay.

  7. #7
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22,223

    Default

    Hell, Bendis should add XS to his Legion book, and then do a crossover with Young Justice, which of course includes her cousin Impulse. XS did just appear in the digital first Flash book, so editorial hasn't forgotten she exists.

    There is one interesting facet about the possibility of Waid returning to Flash - he hasn't actually written Barry long term, because he was dead in his tenure.

    Waid taking DiDio's old job would be interesting. He actually has experience having been the Publisher for an indie recently.

    And I think he should do History of the DC Universe, in the same style as his recent History of the Marvel Universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There is one interesting facet about the possibility of Waid returning to Flash - he hasn't actually written Barry long term, because he was dead in his tenure.
    This is what I'm thinking as well. We all know Williamson is leaving Flash soon, and they would need another big name to replace him, so the stars are lined up for that one.

    My personal pick? There's no Green Arrow book right now. I'd like to see his take on that. His take on Daredevil showed he can handle street-level heroes without flashy powers extremely well.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the House of Secrets
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Lois Lane, Runaways, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Superman, Young Justice

  9. #9
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hell, Bendis should add XS to his Legion book, and then do a crossover with Young Justice, which of course includes her cousin Impulse. XS did just appear in the digital first Flash book, so editorial hasn't forgotten she exists.

    There is one interesting facet about the possibility of Waid returning to Flash - he hasn't actually written Barry long term, because he was dead in his tenure.

    Waid taking DiDio's old job would be interesting. He actually has experience having been the Publisher for an indie recently.

    And I think he should do History of the DC Universe, in the same style as his recent History of the Marvel Universe.
    Despite "not writing Barry" he actually wrote quite a bit of Barry Allen in his tenure.

  10. #10
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Despite "not writing Barry" he actually wrote quite a bit of Barry Allen in his tenure.
    His comment about current DC management and Wally West did give me some hope.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    I'd like to believe him but I've been burned several dozen times already. I assume he'll fade into the background once this Manhattan stuff is done.

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I'd like to believe him but I've been burned several dozen times already. I assume he'll fade into the background once this Manhattan stuff is done.
    You are probably right but I am a little more hopeful when Mark Waid says something like this. We shall see.

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,533

    Default

    Yeah, I can't see Waid doing this if some bridges hadn't been mended by Didio leaving. He also doesn't have any current Marvel work other then Dr. Strange, as far as I know.

    Interested to see what else comes of it .

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,902

    Default

    A few years ago I got to talk to him at a convention and asked him about Superman. He said he has Superman stories written and submitted and considers them the best Superman stuff he’s ever done. I asked why they haven’t been published and he said “Well, you’ll have to ask DC that question.” So hopefully well get to see that happen if he returns.

  15. #15
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Despite "not writing Barry" he actually wrote quite a bit of Barry Allen in his tenure.
    Mostly as a supporting/background character, though Waid did very good work with Barry as part of an ensemble or team in JLA: YEAR ONE and THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: FLASH AND GREEN LANTERN. Waid was also behind THE LIFE STORY OF THE FLASH, but one thing that all these works had in common is that they featured Barry from points of view other than Barry's own. We have yet to see how Waid would write Barry narrating his own story.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •