Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Mostly as a supporting/background character, though Waid did very good work with Barry as part of an ensemble or team in JLA: YEAR ONE and THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: FLASH AND GREEN LANTERN. Waid was also behind THE LIFE STORY OF THE FLASH, but one thing that all these works had in common is that they featured Barry from points of view other than Barry's own. We have yet to see how Waid would write Barry narrating his own story.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I'm not sure we'd him want to. Waid himself has said he finds Barry boring. Despite unusually good takes on him I'd rather Waid work on a character he likes rather than one he just accepts.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Waid lost me when the killed the Legion for his "threeboot" which was not needed or wanted. Sort of like the Bendisboot going on now. He drove the Legion into a ditch with his "eat it grandpa" version and then bailed after pretty much damaging the title beyond repair.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Waid lost me when the killed the Legion for his "threeboot" which was not needed or wanted. Sort of like the Bendisboot going on now. He drove the Legion into a ditch with his "eat it grandpa" version and then bailed after pretty much damaging the title beyond repair.
    Yeah, I'm a fan, but I agree about the Threeboot Legion. Except for Barry Kitson's art (and Supergirl), there wasn't much to like about that whole run.

Astonishing Member

Everyone was killing the Legion. At least Waid wrote some good Legion stories with his reboot.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Everyone was killing the Legion. At least Waid wrote some good Legion stories with his reboot.
    Not really. His whole run was just totally unimpressive. His work on the reboot Legion was miles better than his threeboot which left no lasting impression on anything.

In the interview session referenced in the first post, Waid says his favorite character is Superman (which I think was always obvious) and there's a great big gap between him and his second favorite would be -- which he revealed as Robby Reed (the original Dial H for Hero kid).

I wouldn't mind seeing Waid do a nice, long run on the Superman titles. Given his love for the character, it's interesting he's never had a run writing the main Super-titles.

Waid would probably be better on Barry then he was on The Hulk.
    It's interesting you mention Bendis and the Threeboot because the current arc is kind of setting up "Legion vs adults" and the Legion possibly getting arrested, which I associate with the Threeboot.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A few years ago I got to talk to him at a convention and asked him about Superman. He said he has Superman stories written and submitted and considers them the best Superman stuff he’s ever done. I asked why they haven’t been published and he said “Well, you’ll have to ask DC that question.” So hopefully well get to see that happen if he returns.
    I remember reading at the time that he & Grant Morrison wrote their pitch for the Superman titles under the impression they were requested by DC.
    When they came in & pitched it was apparently deemed unsolicited with Waid being told he'd NEVER write a Superman title.
    Then there was Dan telling all and sundry that Countdown would be 52 'done right'. (Oops)
    Waid is a great writer. I will read any book he writes as 9 times out of 10 it's well worth the money.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Give him the Superman books, put Bendis on a Green Arrow book with Chris Samnee or Jorges Fornes on art, a Question title with Alex Maleev.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Give him the Superman books, put Bendis on a Green Arrow book with Chris Samnee or Jorges Fornes on art, a Question title with Alex Maleev.
    Allegedly, writing Superman was the biggest reason Bendis choose to work for DC Comics.

Pretty sure they won't take him off the book now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Allegedly, writing Superman was the biggest reason Bendis choose to work for DC Comics.

There’s so many characters he’d do a better job on. Seriously. I would shell out $4-$5 a month for a Bendis Question title.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    There’s so many characters he’d do a better job on. Seriously. I would shell out $4-$5 a month for a Bendis Question title.
    Even after event Leviathan?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

He also said he didn't expect to still be writing him by now - it's been two years. I think he'll go on his own terms, but that won't be too far in the future.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mark Waid's been answering questions on DC Universe. When asked what he'd like to write, without restrictions, he said that he can't answer that as it could be a spoiler - so what book is he making his DC comeback on, I wonder? He also answered several questions about his Flash and Impulse runs.
    https://community.dcuniverse.com/t/l...8pm-et/1027004
    Cool, i found it interesting that as a science nerd he had the hardest time writing Wonder Woman because of the mythological aspects, because right now he's doing a bang up job on Dr. Strange, currently one of my favourite titles, hope he keeps reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Even after event Leviathan?
    I haven’t read it yet.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: