Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I disagree with Wolfman's run going bad immediately after Perez left. It was still really good. Granted, I still never finished Perez's run but I think a perfect drop off point would be Volume 2 #39 if you 're worried about the quality. I do think the stories after #39 did drop off.
    I definitely wouldn't say it was bad, some of it like the original origin of Lilith/Thia and the Starfire stuff were really good. It's worth reading up until the spot you say, but IMO it's still noticeably less good than what came before with Perez. A lot of is sort of "sequels" to what came before: more Titans of myth, more Starfire/Blackfire, more Brother Blood, Mento comes back with the Hybrid, etc.

Plus we got Slade sort of being absolved of the whole Terra thing almost immediately when Perez left, and that was always bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think that Donna Troy origin is still ok considering they were the ones who were executing it. It is better than all of the other tweaks to her origin. But still inferior to the pre-COIE setup, and I think even they would agree. Wolfman has expressed dislike of all Donna's post-COIE tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    We just read Wolfman & Kane's "Wonder Girl finally gets an origin and a new costume" issue a few weeks ago.
    I'm not surprised Wolfman wasn't a fan of the post-COIE origin changes. Especially when he wrote the original origin, and the person to blame for it needing updating was Perez, who rebooted Wonder Woman meaning that Donna now existed before Diana.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I disagree with Wolfman's run going bad immediately after Perez left. It was still really good. Granted, I still never finished Perez's run but I think a perfect drop off point would be Volume 2 #39 if you 're worried about the quality. I do think the stories after #39 did drop off.
    This.

There was the odd highlight afterwards, but you could honestly skip it all from @ 40 onwards and be perfectly fine.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member

I'd stop when Grummett leaves the book. Granted, beginning with Titans Hunt everything was all over the place, post Grummett, things were damn bear incomprehensible.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

My first exposure to the Titans was early on in "Titans Hunt". I'm also a huge Grummett fan, so I have a soft spot for that era. And while it's usually pretty low on people's lists (if not at the bottom!) I actually liked the post-Zero Hour Aresenal led team.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES