https://www.superherohype.com/tv/481...ue-dark-series

Matt Ryan is a fan-favorite actor, and became a hit for his portrayal of John Constantine throughout media. He physically fits what Constantine looks like, and has the mannerisms, voice and personality down. That, and he absolutely loves the role itself, wanting to play it when possible. As you can see from the above link, he wants to reprise him in Justice League Dark on HBO Max.

The only real issue he's ever had, however, is that he could only ever play the full-on R-rated Constantine when in animated form. In live-action, he's had to play a family-friendly Constantine, first in the short******d NBC series, and then in the Arrowverse after getting transplanted there. It's a bit sad to see that he can portray him well, but has to be severely restricted in live-action. Only in the DC animated movies has he gotten to portray the real Constantine.

But this is the perfect chance to correct that. Justice League Dark will be airing on HBO Max, which may be a wide-reaching service, but it's still HBO. They can be as R-rated as they want, and I'm sure that's the intention. If Matt Ryan gets to reprise Constantine here, he can finally go all-out and give us the absolute best portrayal of Constantine.

That's my take. But who knows, they might want a different actor to avoid confusion or whatever.

So I thought I'd ask what you guys think.