Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default HBO Max launched

HBO Max launched yesterday.

Here's a look at everything that's available right now: https://play.hbomax.com/page/urn:hbo...iteUserProfile

I spent all day watching shows on HBO Max. While I'm disappointed by the lack of old Cartoon Network shows, there's still MORE than enough content to keep me happy.

Just a heads-up, HBO Max is not available on Roku or FireStick at the moment, and does not support 4K or HDR.

Did you get HBO Max yesterday? Are you interested?

I was notified today that I apparently get a free 30 day trial with my phone plan.

I have not signed up yet.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The people I know who have it are raving about the new Looney Tunes show.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Not available in Canada, but most of the original content will be coming to Crave in the near future. Don't know where all of the older stuff will be going, but a lot of it is still on Netflix for the foreseeable future like Friends is. I'm assuming most of the upcoming animated content will air on Teletoon.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

How not to launch a streaming service!

Not on roku or amazon. The two biggest ones!

Half the stuff they bragged was going to be on launch isn't.

List of stuff getting removed aready!

People hating the interface online!

Most pre 2000 films shoved into the tcm page so you have commando next to gone with the wind!

If you don't turn off "pg-13" in the kids section you get the dark knight returns animated films next to seseme street and jetsons!

Early look had folders for tnt, tbs, boomerang and others and they are not here making them harder to find. Also no folders for godzilla and other big ips? There are 7 police academy films on there!

No "WB and mgm movies" page as everything is shoved into hbo or tcm!

Watched videos of people in the movie buisness and they have slammed it for calling it hbo max. People are confused with THREE hbo apps. John campea even said he had explain it to people in hollywood!

WB has it's own wii-u! It should have been called WB max! Yes it has hbo but also has tnt, tbs, cartoon network and others. Disney plus is not called marvel plus, muppet plus or star wars plus. It's DISNEY plus! This is a huge fail.

Not having any big new shows at launch!

No 4k or extras. (not ever the trailer?)

And looks like the launch did not do well!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...railing-rivals

I pre ordered it for studio ghibili alone. Shame i have a roku and can't watch it on my living room tv.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

$15.99 for a service that doesn't offer 4K or HDR? $15.99 for a service that isn't available for Roku (which I use)? Hard pass for me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

No way is that service worth $15 a month right now.

WB needs to change the name of this service. I'm seeing a lots of confusion as some people can't tell this is different from HBO Go and HBO Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WB needs to change the name of this service. I'm seeing a lots of confusion as some people can't tell this is different from HBO Go and HBO Now.
    I always thought it should have had a more WB-centric name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always thought it should have had a more WB-centric name.
    I can understand them using the HBO name has the brand as goodwill and prestige among the mainstream audience. Yea, it needs a WB-centric name to minimize the confusion.

WB max. Was that so hard? Come on WB.

BANNED

They can't even make a comprehensible explanation on their own home page

Screenshot_20200529-170339_Firefox.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    WB max. Was that so hard? Come on WB.
    Well, there already is WarnerMax for original content to be created by Warner for HBO Max.

So, then there would be WB Max and WarnerMax, which would again lead to seemingly redundant names.

Keep the HBO Max name as long as this much effort was made to create and market it, but since both HBO Now and HBO Max are the same cost ($14.99/month), it does seem that HBO Now should be eliminated, and all its subscribers be migrated over to HBO Max.

My guess is that's exactly what the plan to do internally once the dust settles from the HBO Max rollout. There is no reason for HBO Now to exist anymore. It's a subset of the content of HBO Max (only has the HBO stuff) for the same money.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Keep the HBO Max name as long as this much effort was made to create and market it, but since both HBO Now and HBO Max are the same cost ($14.99/month), it does seem that HBO Now should be eliminated, and all its subscribers be migrated over to HBO Max.
    On Apple and Samsung smart TVs, that is what they did. Rather than launch a new app they just did it through an app update

There are definitely some bugs at launch (No 4K, No Roku, not the most friendly interface), but in terms of catalogue, just having the Criterion Collection and TCM is enough for me to sign up. Plus it's like getting them for free while paying for HBO (since there's no price difference). To be honest, library wise, this is the best streaming service for me.