Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    There's a global pandemic going on so I could care less about the people who WANT a bunch of strangers to cram themselves into a cramped room for two hours with no regards for their safety

EDIT: Also WB is releasing these films into theaters. People who want "The theatrical experience" will still be able to get it and all this plan is doing is not forcing people who want to see the film within the first few months from having to go into a theater if they don't want to. Frankly even without a pandemic I don't see it as worth preserving if the only reason it exists is due to artificial restraints imposed upon other distribution methods
    It's all the balance of accounting for the unusual times but treating everyone fairly. Probably no real good solution, but unilaterally making a decision without making a deal with your business partners is not good business. Personally, (assuming it's safe to do so), anything on WB's slate that I want to see I'm going to make a point of seeing in theaters to support them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's a global pandemic going on so I could care less about the people who WANT a bunch of strangers to cram themselves into a cramped room for two hours with no regards for their safety

EDIT: Also WB is releasing these films into theaters. People who want "The theatrical experience" will still be able to get it and all this plan is doing is not forcing people who want to see the film within the first few months from having to go into a theater if they don't want to. Frankly even without a pandemic I don't see it as worth preserving if the only reason it exists is due to artificial restraints imposed upon other distribution methods
    It would be good if WB can manage to do this without crapping all over their business partners. What should have been a great business move has became a colossal cluster

Amazing Member

When I try to get on HBO Max on Roku, the screen gets stuck on the channel for a few seconds, then takes me back to the Roku home screen.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Spectacular Member

I had to power reset my roku and now hbo max plays

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Is there a silly reason why AQUAMAN isn't on Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Is there a silly reason why AQUAMAN isn't on Max?
    If was cycled out last month. Iono why limited space maybe. The DC stuff will be cycling in and out from what I understand. Dont really know why though

Some movies like harry potter rights are tied up with another streaming service.

The trouble is they are yanking off movies they do own. WB thinks this is 2010 and wants to cycle the films and shows like netflix who has to do that due to not owning rights. Trouble is this is post disney plus. People don't want movies "cycled" around anymore they want them to stay on the blasted app! That's the plus of the studio owning the app is the blasted show or movies STAYS ON THE APP!

Out of space has nothing to do with it. Disney plus and netfix have tons more stuff on their apps. Worse all the ads were "see all the dc heroes in one place!" and "all harry potter in one place!"

Most batman films were yanked off after a few weeks and potter was gone in a month!

It's false advertising at it's worst!

If you own it and it's rights are not tied up LEAVE THE BLASTED MOVIE ON MAX!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Some movies like harry potter rights are tied up with another streaming service.

The trouble is they are yanking off movies they do own. WB thinks this is 2010 and wants to cycle the films and shows like netflix who has to do that due to not owning rights. Trouble is this is post disney plus. People don't want movies "cycled" around anymore they want them to stay on the blasted app! That's the plus of the studio owning the app is the blasted show or movies STAYS ON THE APP!

Out of space has nothing to do with it. Disney plus and netfix have tons more stuff on their apps. Worse all the ads were "see all the dc heroes in one place!" and "all harry potter in one place!"

Most batman films were yanked off after a few weeks and potter was gone in a month!

Hasn't Disney+ cycled some stuff out? I feel like they have.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was some stuff near the beginning of the US launch that got removed (some holiday themed Fox movies I seem to recall mostly) but I don't seem to recall anything vanishing on the UK version outside some seasonal section types. The one which might come into play is the 2024 contract regarding Netflix getting (possibly excusive) access to all Disney content between 2016 and 2018 (including Star Wars and Marvel) for a certain period. Not sure if that's been resolved or not.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what I understand, many of the movies and TV shows already pre-existing deals with other streaming services before Disney+ and HBOMax were created. So Disney and WB have to either honor those deals or pay up big bucks to the companies that bought the rights to get them back. Some shows and movies are big enough for them to go after but others they are content with waiting on.

BANNED

Yep!!!!!!!

Yup disney has removed stuff due to rights or changing the version. (big and fantastic four 2 were both removed due to streaming rights. Big is back but rights are still tied for ff2.)

Ironic thing is hbo max has some of the disney movies rights! Starz has some of them also. They did make a deal with netflix to share princess and the frog however! (is that movie that big right now?)

Extraordinary Member

1. It’s not an either or. They could simply wait until after the pandemic for a lot of these. WB only put up 25% of Dune. They don’t need to force the company who put up most of the money to sacrifice the profits and viability of the franchise for HBO Max.

2. Also it’s not artificially inflated. Theaters will always be more preferred because they bring in more money. No studio would go against it if given the chance. The industry is built on that. There’s a reason Netflix (the most successful service by a significant margin) isn’t releasing multiple $100 million films each year. Not viable

I don't think waiting for all these films is an option for them now

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

It's baffling that, in 2020, they'd cycle anything they have the rights to out.