Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I've heard the name "Water Tower" be suggested as a name.

I think WB Max would have been a better name. WB is one of the few companies whose catalog rivals Disney's.
    But brand recognition and association doesn't come close to rivaling Disney. The content of Disney is nearly 100% tied to the brand of Disney. That is not the case for any other production company. Disney has been cultivating that for nearly a hundred years at this point to great success.

I've heard the name "Water Tower" be suggested as a name.

I think WB Max would have been a better name. WB is one of the few companies whose catalog rivals Disney's.

There is no way that "Water Tower" is a better name than "HBO Max." Water Tower may honor Warner Bros. and its history, but it's not a good attention-getting name for an entertainment company or service.

Again, I agree that Warner should have used its name in the service, but I think people know what "HBO" is, but while the average consumer is likely familiar with the Warner Bros. name, they probably couldn't name a specific Warner Bros. movie. When asked to name a Warner Bros. production, they'd probably just go with "Looney Tunes," while with "HBO," they could name lots of stuff, and then the "Max" tells them there's more just like the "Plus" in "Disney Plus."

I have family and friends who are not big movie nerds and even they know wb is wizard of oz, harry potter and batman and bugs bunny. I also have family that doesn't give a crap about any hbo shows but loves wbs films.

Look up the wii-u and the mess the name caused for nintendo. WB has made their own wii-u.

Best they can do is fold all their apps into one and get that deal with roku and amazon done.

Niffleheim

does it have a download feature to watch shows and movies offline?

https://screenrant.com/hbo-max-movie...aunch-release/

Movies wb said were launch titles that are missing.

Some of these are on netflix and hulu so i'm not surprised they are missing.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-02-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Amazing Member

HBO Max had only 90,000 mobile downloads on launch day.

How big of a disaster is that? Should we keep in mind that HBO Max didn't launch on Roku or Firestick, and it only launched in the US?

Does that include those who had HBO Now who just had to download an upgrade?

How big of a disaster is that? Should we keep in mind that HBO Max didn't launch on Roku or Firestick, and it only launched in the US?
    That's just mobile downloads that's a very low number but it doesn't account for things like HBO Now upgrades and actual subs numbers

Still its way behind Disney Plus and that series launched with next to nothing as well

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

It's absolutely mind-boggling to me that they didn't have a deal worked out with Roku or Amazon prior to launch, especially given their good relationship with Amazon prior. There's no question that had a detrimental impact on the launch.

The two most watch shows on max are---new looney tunes and not so late show with elmo!

Yes elmo and bugs bunny has beat friends (who along with the office was the highest watched show on netflix!), game of thrones, and the sopranos!

Don't mess with elmo!

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...fter-one-week/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The two most watch shows on max are---new looney tunes and not so late show with elmo!

Yes elmo and bugs bunny has beat friends (who along with the office was the highest watched show on netflix!), game of thrones, and the sopranos!

Don't mess with elmo!

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...fter-one-week/

Not surprising. Elmo is still REALLY popular with kids.

Amazing Member

AT&T should put all the Toonami and Adult Swim anime on HBO Max. Stuff like DBZ, Sailor Moon, One Punch Man, Cowboy Bebop, My Hero Academia.

Toonami and Adult Swim were both important staples of Cartoon Network, and introduced an entire generation of kids to anime. Would that attract many customers?

Amazing Member

Is HBO Max a disaster? Because it feels like it is. Not having Roku at launch, not having 4K, a bunch of missing content, and now a good chunk of their stuff, like the Batman movies and Justice League will soon leave the service.

I think most of the people with HBO through cable will not pay more for Max. Many more can see HBO shows through Prime. So where are these new subscribers coming from. Bad business plan.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I've always loved the Looney Tunes cartoons but I'd never watch the stuff they are making for HBO Max where Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam are now being stripped of their guns.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.