Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Of course they did. What is a streaming service with no content worth?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Someone needs to let the Warner Brothers outta the water tower so they can wreck this fool.

HBO Max cancels the animated sci-fi film, Driftwood, which was forthcoming from Aquaman: King of Atlantis co-creator Victor Courtright.
    https://www.cbr.com

I want to feel bad, I really do but it's Victor Courtright. This is the guy that was behind the terrible Thundercats Roar and the Aquaman cartoon as well. The only good thing to come out of this takeover is it's thwarting Victor Courtright.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-22-2022 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Misspelled Courtright
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I question if Zaslav really knows what he has at his hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Personally, I tend to think that it depends on exactly what DISC/WB intends on doing.

If it is pushing the Office Space cookie cutter down into this whole thing?

Well, best of luck to them.

If it is attempting to start where they are while working on the foundation so that it winds up being sturdy enough to actually hold a building up?

That might not be the worst plan that anyone has ever come up with.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The cut backs is to save money for sure and clear space on platform for the incoming sh-t from Discovery+ next year. A lot of programming coming ahead will be reality TV shows from it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The cut backs is to save money for sure and clear space on platform for the incoming sh-t from Discovery+ next year. A lot of programming coming ahead will be reality TV shows from it.
    I would guess the audience for House Hunters and House of Dragons is somewhat different. They buy HBO then cut down the programming that made it worthwhile.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

CN creators yells back!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I was afraid something like this would happen.

Seseme workshop putting the seseme street episodes removed on youtube for free complete with a sad "we are still here" note,

dang.

https://collider.com/hbo-max-purge-s...es-on-youtube/

HBO max dumpes cn films bugs bunny bye bye bunny, looney tunes day the earth blew up Halloween movie (by uncle grandpa maker! Ouch!) and gumball the movie and Steve urkell family matters animated film! They will go to other streamers!

Why do they have a looney tunes hub again?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-23-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I read something this morning that Warner Brothers Discover has lost over a Billion dollars, I think. Take that with a grain of salt, as my memory is ****. But I do know their market share has dropped off a cliff.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He believes HBO Max removed so much of it's own content so the company can stop paying residuals to the creators

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I read something this morning that Warner Brothers Discover has lost over a Billion dollars, I think. Take that with a grain of salt, as my memory is ****. But I do know their market share has dropped off a cliff.
    It's the way they structured the company. When AT&T and WB separated, AT&T pretty much saddled WB with a ton of it's debt, more than it should have. A lot of the debt was caused by the failed acquistions of T-Mobile and Direct TV. And it's WBD now paying the price.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

He believes HBO Max removed so much of it's own content so the company can stop paying residuals to the creators
    That's basically what they're doing. it's not HBOMAX fault.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21