Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I love the way they give the choice to the countries with HBO Max but if your in country without it like the U.K. you get no choice. So they can F off I won’t be seeing the film fall stop. I thought the decision on Tenet was down to the director but maybe not.

Incredible Member

Looks like HBO Max was the winner in the Amazon fire tv feud:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...next-year.html

Have to wonder why Amazon finally gave in to the primary demand. Even though I agree with HBO sticking to their point on the matter and see why they fought to have the app moved from Amazon channels like Disney+. I wonder what the Roku deal looks like now.

Astonishing Member

I understand their reasons for doing this since even with a vaccine coming, it’s not a guarantee of things going back to normal right away.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Unless Warner is surprise planning to release HBO Max everywhere, pretty sure this decision is going to kill their company. Disney+ will do the same and will probably have the advantage of being far widely available.

Glad to know I'll be able to safely watch them .

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

You've changed things forever. - Joker

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WB putting their entire movie slate on HBO Max is another death nail to theaters.

Retired

Wasn't the original concept for Home Box Office a subscription service for seeing movies at home? Seems like they've come full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WB putting their entire movie slate on HBO Max is another death nail to theaters.
    The movies will only be on HBO Max for a month, then will be exclusive to theaters. We won't know if it's the best choice until this experiment plays out, but theaters may benefit if some of these movies get good word of mouth by the time they're released.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The movies will only be on HBO Max for a month, then will be exclusive to theaters. We won't know if it's the best choice until this experiment plays out, but theaters may benefit if some of these movies get good word of mouth by the time they're released.
    I'll just wait for it to be on MAX again if I somehow miss the one month window. The experience is the only edge a theater would have now.

Definitely an interesting move by WB. Certainly this will help drive up subscriptions to HBO Max considerably and hard to deny they will become a pretty big player in the world of streaming services with this move. Not too helpful for the already-struggling movie theaters but the way things are going it wasn't like theaters would be packing in tons of people until summer, at the earliest.. that's assuming all goes well with the vaccine.

Not that they have a slate of movies i am hugely interested in, but would like to see Suicide Squad and Dune at least (and WW 2 of course).

Now let's see if Disney follows suit or what.

Note these films will only be on max for a month then yanked off. Many people are not reporting that part.

Edit--Midnight edge video on this. They say it's over disney plus crushing max. It has nothing to do with theatres. It's all about disney plus.

Also disney is having a meeting tomorrow over this news! (black widow coming to plus?)

Last edited by Gaastra; 12-03-2020 at 08:22 PM.