Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I don't understand half of those sentences
    Stupid people trying to come off as smart so they can milk more of your hard earned dollars
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

The culling begins.

Amazing Member

With WB and the companies that own them, it's been a never-ending wave of bad decisions. From how they've handled the DCU, to HBO Max's launch, to the Discovery merger.

Can't believe they touched Sesame Street.

If true, this is rotton. Tax cuts are one thing but not paying someone who completed work just to save cash is awful.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JWCartoon...63680096251909

Honestly, this news really is a bummer. For those of you wondering, many of these shows finished production years ago, so it's too late for them to be counted as Tax Write-offs. It's mainly so WBD doesn't have to pay residuals.

Other animaters are saying this also online.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    If true, this is rotton. Tax cuts are one thing but not paying someone who completed work just to save cash is awful.

It's not that they're not paying them, it's that by deciding to stop streaming them they don't have to continue to pay residuals. It's like if TBS decided to stop playing reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond, that's not them deciding not to pay Ray Romano and the rest of the cast, it's them deciding to STOP paying them as they make money off reruns. They were already paid years ago for the work they did, but due to their contracts they continue to make money when their work is aired after the fact(and rightfully so). But it's no real harm if someone decides the rights to air or in this case stream something are more expensive than they feel the profits generated by doing so.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Thanks for explaining.

Also, full seasons completed but not released yet have been trashed also!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's not that they're not paying them, it's that by deciding to stop streaming them they don't have to continue to pay residuals. It's like if TBS decided to stop playing reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond, that's not them deciding not to pay Ray Romano and the rest of the cast, it's them deciding to STOP paying them as they make money off reruns. They were already paid years ago for the work they did, but due to their contracts they continue to make money when their work is aired after the fact(and rightfully so). But it's no real harm if someone decides the rights to air or in this case stream something are more expensive than they feel the profits generated by doing so.
    That is completely true. And for a streaming service, this is suicidal.

The library available to a streaming service is its most valuable asset. If a streaming service is publicly compromising their greatest asset to save a few dollars and cents, then they don't really understand what a streaming service is really for.

Disney used to make limited runs of their movies in theaters and Video/DVD/BluRay releases. Then it would go into the vault. But that was physical media, and Disney was intentionally driving up demand before a rerelease. WB is just chucking these in the bin. And if they're doing it now, they'll do it again and again. They are devaluing their own service during a peak market with plenty of competitors.

Amazing Member

I thought Netflix was self-destructing, but HBO Max said, "Hold my beer".

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I thought Netflix was self-destructing, but HBO Max said, "Hold my beer".
    But cable is the future streaming is dead! /s

Is there any news, one way or the other, about a Young Justice Season 5? –Morris
    HBO Max from go had only ordered a single season of the onetime Cartoon Network and DC Universe series, and that plan has not changed. There are currently no plans for a Season 5, I am told.
    https://tvline.com/lists/she-hulk-sp...-cameo-rumors/

Animators' reactions--

Summer camp--

‘Pulled Like We Were Nothing’
    https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/sum...es-1235344358/

Uncle grandpa

https://twitter.com/peebgardt/status...35903767597056

Infinity train.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HBOMAX/comm...lly_confirmed/

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I've always had my doubts about HBO Max's viability as I just don't think many people actually pay for it. If you have HBO in your cable package, and it comes with just about any package over the basic level you get it for free so that has to be the majority of users.

No such freebie for Disney + or Apple TV or Netflix.
    When I was with AT&T, free HBOMax was a part of my phone package. Probably isn't the case anymore, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Can't wait for the statement where they say 'We can't wait to work with the creators again in the future.' Because nothing makes you want to work with someone more than getting screwed by them first.

Amazing Member

While I know who Aquaman and Elmo are, I honestly have never heard of these cuts. They were probably good cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Starting to feel like Zaslav is one of the men who just wants to watch the world burn.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)