Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

That’s some good news!

In some indirectly related news, Zaslav and Warner apparently lost Dan Lin, who they wanted to be DC’s “Feige.” Apparently, talks broke down over compensation for Lin letting go of his film production company. I don’t know if that reflects badly on anything Warner is doing. That seems like a genuine and understandable issue over money. Link to story is below:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/09/06/...discovery.html
    Last edited by Brian B; 09-06-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

From what was said , if Lin backed out they would likely look at the guy who handled the Arrowervse the last decade on CW. So if he can launch a successful shared universe of shows on that he seems like the perfect guy for the film universe ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

HBO max $15 is too cheap! Looks like a price hike is getting hinted at!

Cable will be cheaper than these streaming sites soon at $15 to $20 a piece!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/13/warn...be-coming.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    HBO max $15 is too cheap! Looks like a price hike is getting hinted at!

Cable will be cheaper than these streaming sites soon at $15 to $20 a piece!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/13/warn...be-coming.html
    Arrogant CFO

I said pages back they would believe that with combined service they could jack up prices.

They likely will go to $20 bucks with ads and $25-30 a month without comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I said pages back they would believe that with combined service they could jack up prices.

They likely will go to $20 bucks with ads and $25-30 a month without comically.
    But see WBD have to justify that price hike with content. So, new season of YJ? No....how about something else in animation? Umm..zilch there too. More about getting subs to pay off debt instead of prime content

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    But see WBD have to justify that price hike with content. So, new season of YJ? No....how about something else in animation? Umm..zilch there too. More about getting subs to pay off debt instead of prime content
    Your gonna get that supreme Discovery+.

These dumb f--ks are in for a big shock when ...

A- The Discovery+ subscribers aren't gonna pay for the combined service at a bigger fee to get content they do not want in mainstream HBO Max.

B- The mainstream HBO Max subscribers do not wanna pay for Discovery+ programming either.

C- The fact there could be a bit of crossover between the 2 segments of subscribers. Not to a big level.

The new HBO Max Discovery will lose millions of subscribers by 2024. Due to an insane price hike ahead and both not wanting to pay for the content the other service has.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They can jack up the price as high as they want, but if they don't close the loop hole of "if you have HBO you have Max" then it won't matter.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I don't think House of Dragons is the big subscriber bait they thought it would be.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think House of Dragons is the big subscriber bait they thought it would be.
    There's no real reason to pay for it at all right now, so many people already get it for free...and chances are good that the people that don't already have Hbo in their cable package aren't going to want to suddenly pay for it as a separate service. Cable packages vary by region, but the package that includes HBO is usually only 10-15 bucks more than the next closest package with out it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Also, if it's one show only, people will just pirate it. You need to have a reason for people to keep returning, specially in countries where open piracy is very common (here in Brazil, which is one of those, they added the Champions League to HBO Max, but that doesn't happen everywhere)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I know with Amazon Prime I just wait for those sales where I can get a channel for .99 for 2-3 months.
    Watch what I want then cancel.
    I do that with shows on Starz and Epix.

I better get a S2 of Billy the Kid but I now digress.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Being reported it may be bought out by NBC Universal in 2024 when they can unload their 33% stake in HULU. I recently looked at Peacock since it's $20 for a year, and it basically had nothing worth paying for.

While I feel Universal may help it make better movies, if they keep merging who knows what these people will try and charge. DC may get priced out just due to all the crap I don't want but that they try and force into the service.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Peacock is $20 for a year??

I have a friends account and rarely use it, didn't realize it was that cheap.
    Content isn't super exclusive that I can tell. Many films on there are also on other apps, like HBO Max currently. Thinking of Hangover and Pitch Perfect specifically but there are some more crowd favs other places. Places that have exclusive content you might want so may as well go there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime