Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Peacock is $20 for a year??

I have a friends account and rarely use it, didn't realize it was that cheap.
    Content isn't super exclusive that I can tell. Many films on there are also on other apps, like HBO Max currently. Thinking of Hangover and Pitch Perfect specifically but there are some more crowd favs other places. Places that have exclusive content you might want so may as well go there.
    It's normally $50 for a year, that was a special deal

Amazing Member

Still is a special, I believe it goes at least all month.

Got peacock free with ads and--nothing much on it. I never watch it much and most of the time forget it's there.

Lemme see if I have all of this exactly straight...

All of the things that have been yanked, and someone is thinking "Yeah, 'Scanners' is where the money is..."?

(and I love me some Cronenberg...)

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/373...th-hbo-series/

David Cronenberg’s “Scanners” Coming to Television with HBO Series

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Lemme see if I have all of this exactly straight...

All of the things that have been yanked, and someone is thinking "Yeah, 'Scanners' is where the money is..."?

(and I love me some Cronenberg...)

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/373...th-hbo-series/

sounds like its more about a deal with the Production Company, given who is behind it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I have Peacock for free, too. I wouldn’t pay for it but I did watch 30 Rock from start to finish (over months, not all at once), so that was cool. Except they don’t have the live episodes because of the black face, but I was like, “hey, where’d they go”? Then I googled and found out.

And I’ll check out WWE stuff every so often.

Other than that, not much else. They need to work on their original programming. They’ve got Universal right there.

Adult swims turn to have shows yanked off to save cash.

Why do they have cn and adult swim hubs again?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HBOMAX/comm...w_leaving_hbo/

And here we go again. Final space yanked. Creators angry the show was yanked for "tax write off" and ranting at WB. We have been here before.

"Five years of myy life. Three seasons of TV. Blood, sweat, and tears...became a tax write-off for the network who owns Final Space," Rogers said in an impassioned tweet Saturday. "Yup. That's it. That's why it's disappeared everywhere in the USA. Five years of work vanished. When the license is up internationally, Netflix will take it down, and then it will be gone forever. There are no more physical copies of S1 and S2, and no physical copies of Season 3 were ever made. Your memory of Final, Space will be the only proof it ever existed unless you own a copy."

Rogers' note continues by throwing his full support behind the #RenewFinalSpace fandom, saying he's going to us the "rallying cry" to do whatever it takes to finish the story he and so many others set out to tell.

"Some might say to give up and move on, and I have moved on to many new projects that I'm very passionate about, but I will not give up this story and these characters," the writer added. "I will never stop fighting for Final Space. If it takes years, then so be it!"
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/amp/n...f-new-t-shirt/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-24-2022 at 06:33 PM.

This sucks. A wonderfully unique show. Discovery- is just going scorched Earth. I hope they get into so much financial trouble, they are forced to sell.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This sucks. A wonderfully unique show. Discovery- is just going scorched Earth. I hope they get into so much financial trouble, they are forced to sell.
    From all the business articles this really looks like what they are doing. They don't seem to actually care about long term. Just tax breaks, get a handle on debt, merge the apps Discovery+/MAX. Drop all these shows so they don't even have to pay royalties. Then set it all up for another sale or merger.

Just make it attractive enough to get someone to buy it all.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    From all the business articles this really looks like what they are doing. They don't seem to actually care about long term. Just tax breaks, get a handle on debt, merge the apps Discovery+/MAX. Drop all these shows so they don't even have to pay royalties. Then set it all up for another sale or merger.

Just make it attractive enough to get someone to buy it all.
    As some have pointed out before Zaslav devalued WB Discovery by 20 billion dollars to save 3 billion dollars. This might have had once looked good on paper, but it's been a spectacular failure.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Comcast is likely the one who will swoop in and snag the company for really a lot less than what they would have paid. Thanks to Zaslav devaluing the property to a big degree. So Peacock/HBO Max/Discovery will see that combination happen.

Plus Comcast will be smart. They see how Disney has ran Disney+ and Hulu. With ESPN....so Comcast will set up a combination tier program to rival that one. Once Comcast arrives its gonna be the big 3. Disney vs Comcast vs Netflix.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

While hbo max is treating cn like trash the network itself is still doing it's 30th.

They have a livestream of older shows.

30th promo--

And the ceo hits cn again. This time creig of the creek one of the only 3 shows on cn still getting episodes and it's spin-off just got it's episodes cut in half.

Not a good sign.