Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    The guy has been a CEO since 2006. It's not like he is new to being a CEO. It's not like he was handed Discovery in 2006 and it failed. It got a lot bigger under his guidance, sure he may have just rode the wave with his underlings doing the work, like most CEO's but if true, did he put them in that position.
    And granted this is a different beast as Discovery was not in as bad a position as WB was when he took over and maybe he doesn't know how to take a failing company and make it better, but he knows how to take a good company and make it better. So I am giving him the benefit of the doubt because he just started, in 5 years if it's worse, then yeah, he sucks...BUt right now we don't know that. Certain people want to assume that because...Well, I don't know besides fandom...
    He won't have 5 years if things keep going this way.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    They were forced to make a U-turn by the union, DGA said the workshops are mandated “by its collective bargaining agreement.”

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    They were forced to make a U-turn by the union, DGA said the workshops are mandated “by its collective bargaining agreement.”
    Jeez...

So, was the company trying to pull a fast one or were they actually that unaware when it came to the thing they were about to do?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He won't have 5 years if things keep going this way.
    Yep, if the stock remains under $15 I can see him being replaced as soon as next year.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Jeez...

So, was the company trying to pull a fast one or were they actually that unaware when it came to the thing they were about to do?
    Who knows, but it gives a bit of insight into what is going on in the background if they made this decision public before checking to see the legality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Because they have CEO who mostly worked on low budget nonunion reality shows. But who are we to question the brilliance of "business leaders".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cartoon Network studios and Warner Bros animation will be merged into a single studio.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/12/...s-david-zaslav

I hate Zaslav more and more.

Happy 30th birthday cn!

So, from another site--

CN would be a network only, a vessel for content but not able to make content under the CN name. Any animation would be handled by WB animation and shown on CN, like TTG.

This is more and more looking like a "Vulture Capitol" takeover than a business expanding acquisition. They didn't intend that, but they are starting to treat it as such.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Running a reality show network is a lot different animal than running a major studio corporation like Warner Media. His moves have devalued the company by $20 billion in worth. This is gonna really make a take over buyout from Comcast happen more and more. Comcast is waiting on their Hulu deal to end so they can go after Warner Media.

All Zaslov has done is make the asking price be lower with his moves. As the joke goes , he needed to cut $3 billion dollars in saving. Well he cost the company $20 billion in value comically.
    Exactly. The main advantages of Warner/HBO was exactly the immense and great catalogue and the prestige it brings and all IP it has. He's treating like it's 3rd rate reality shows, while also hoping Ezra Miller somehow saves the company

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly. The main advantages of Warner/HBO was exactly the immense and great catalogue and the prestige it brings and all IP it has. He's treating like it's 3rd rate reality shows, while also hoping Ezra Miller somehow saves the company
    I mean they are Jesus, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You almost had me until you brought in the Ezra stuff...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    You almost had me until you brought in the Ezra stuff...
    Why? His whole game plan is hoping the controversy goes away, including buying people out, and then have the Flash movie released, but somehow not having the whole controversy affect the movie at all, despite the fact it's entirely centered on Miller, while still having the Snyder-verse being a thing, and that will bring the big bucks

More killed projects for tax writes coming! I'm sure he will start with cartoons as he hates cartoons clearly.

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...64248289964032

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    More killed projects for tax writes coming! I'm sure he will start with cartoons as he hates cartoons clearly.

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...64248289964032
    Actually, I think that particular tax write off window has closed...Now it's just slashing budgets...