Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Just call it HBO Discovery . Use your strong names. People see prestige with HBO and Discovery networks is a name here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Just call it HBO Discovery . Use your strong names. People see prestige with HBO and Discovery networks is a name here.
    HBO-D...You will love our D...

Mighty Member

Also is it a rumor that if it changes to MAX as the name for the new service that David Zaslav will then offload WB and then just call his streaming service Discovery Max? It's kind of why I'm on the fence about resubscribing. So, Gunn and Peter Safran are named heads of DC studios and then WB gets offloaded? Doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Also is it a rumor that if it changes to MAX as the name for the new service that David Zaslav will then offload WB and then just call his streaming service Discovery Max? It's kind of why I'm on the fence about resubscribing. So, Gunn and Peter Safran are named heads of DC studios and then WB gets offloaded? Doesn't make sense to me.
    So discovery just paid all that money to get HBO? Yeah, makes TOTAL sense.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There is a rumor that Comcast , once they get the money from Disney on the rest of Hulu deal will basically buy out WB and go for it. They have the money to go for it after Disney pays them. Zaslov has sliced off 20+ billion in value on his company with some terrible moves and Comcast is liking this because they can swoop in at some stage.

This would give Comcast 2 film studios like Disney and a HUGE reign on streaming platforms. They would get HBO Max , Discovery , and Peacock services and have a vast library. Plus Comcast took a run years ago at trying to acquire Time Warner so they will take a new shot at it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is a rumor that Comcast , once they get the money from Disney on the rest of Hulu deal will basically buy out WB and go for it. They have the money to go for it after Disney pays them. Zaslov has sliced off 20+ billion in value on his company with some terrible moves and Comcast is liking this because they can swoop in at some stage.

This would give Comcast 2 film studios like Disney and a HUGE reign on streaming platforms. They would get HBO Max , Discovery , and Peacock services and have a vast library. Plus Comcast took a run years ago at trying to acquire Time Warner so they will take a new shot at it.
    Wow, that would be something, then Comcast would get Star Trek DC plus the entire library of Peacock which has the Chicago and FBI franchises. Wow. Actually consolidation helps. That way fans of both Marvel, DC and HBO just need to sub to two different services and with some animation being distributed at Amazon Prime it's a win win.

Mighty Member

But then I read an article back in October that Zaslav said the company isn't for sale, so I guess the merger is DOA for now? Or is Zaslav just trying to put out fires?

Wow, that would be something, then Comcast would get Star Trek DC plus the entire library of Peacock which has the Chicago and FBI franchises. Wow. Actually consolidation helps. That way fans of both Marvel, DC and HBO just need to sub to two different services and with some animation being distributed at Amazon Prime it's a win win.
    Much like with their previous attempt I don't think it will happen.

Disney is an entertainment company, and the Government doesn't care much about what they acquire while Comcast is a Telecommunications company, they are under more scrutiny to an extent it's the same for Apple and why I don't think they'd get approved to buy Disney if those rumors are true. Imagine if to access SW, Marvel, Nat Geo, Disney, 20th Century Fox, and Simpsons you needed an Apple product or to access Universal/Peacock, WB, DC, HBO, you needed Comcast or Xfinity? This could cause monopolies in already small markets in a vital service in the 21st century in Comcast case.

So, they are renaming hbo max as they don't want one ip overshadowing the other. Then they choose max, the nickname of cinemax in the 80s and 90s! (Well one nickname. They had another also!)

So, from hbo to cinimax. Lol.

Just call it wb max.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So, they are renaming hbo max as they don't want one ip overshadowing the other. Then they choose max, the nickname of cinemax in the 80s and 90s! (Well one nickname. They had another also!)

So, from hbo to cinimax. Lol.

Just call it wb max.
    WB Max sounds a lot better

I just read now Westworld and the Nevers are being taken off HBOMAX. WTF is Zaslav trying to destroy the service? You can't keep taking off content just to save pennies on residuals.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I just read now Westworld and the Nevers are being taken off HBOMAX. WTF is Zaslav trying to destroy the service? You can't keep taking off content just to save pennies on residuals.
    Isn't it disrespectful to the creatives too? I mean you put in years worth of work then not only get cancelled but purposely used to not get residuals.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Isn't it disrespectful to the creatives too? I mean you put in years worth of work then not only get cancelled but purposely used to not get residuals.
    Yeah, who is going to want to work with WB if they know for a fact the head of the company will take any chance to screw talent out of residuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You mean taken off of Max and sold to syndication...Eventually, they will return, but in the shorterm, they can be on another network and make some money off of it. I don't see people signing up for Max just to see Westworld or Nevers. Might as well, make money from them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    To a certain point.

However if you are trying to sell those shows into syndication or on DVD/Blu Ray-one way to get that demand up is taking them off. Which seems to be happening to every show they ax now.