Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Is HBO Max a disaster? Because it feels like it is. Not having Roku at launch, not having 4K, a bunch of missing content, and now a good chunk of their stuff, like the Batman movies and Justice League will soon leave the service.
    Wait, what? Are they moving those over to DC Universe or something?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Dc universe should move over to HBO max but I guess that's not happening.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

AT&T should put all the Toonami and Adult Swim anime on HBO Max. Stuff like DBZ, Sailor Moon, One Punch Man, Cowboy Bebop, My Hero Academia.

Toonami and Adult Swim were both important staples of Cartoon Network, and introduced an entire generation of kids to anime. Would that attract many customers?
    Warner owns Crunchyroll. They already got anime on lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I've always loved the Looney Tunes cartoons but I'd never watch the stuff they are making for HBO Max where Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam are now being stripped of their guns.
    Okay, I understand gun violence in America is a thing people want to take a stance on and everything, but come on! Elmer Fudd is a hunter and Yosemite Sam is an old west outlaw, how do their characters even work or make sense without guns? No way are real world shootings inspired by Loony Tunes of all things. Next thing you know Bugs won't drop an anvil on Fudd's/Sam's/Daffy's head.

Is HBO Max a disaster? Because it feels like it is. Not having Roku at launch, not having 4K, a bunch of missing content, and now a good chunk of their stuff, like the Batman movies and Justice League will soon leave the service.
    It certainly feels like a disaster. It's like they took everything you should do when launching a streaming service and did the exact opposite. Here's some things you'd do if you launched a streaming service:

* Have plenty of launch titles to build buzz - HBO Max has a Looney Tunes (which is great) and a romantic comedy, and that's it.
    * Clear branding - HBO Max has the name of a cable channel but has content from various other properties.
    * Expansive library - HBO Max is not just missing some stuff here and there, they have entire categories with very little content. How do they not essentially everything that Boomerang has, for example?
    * Consistent library - Users do not want to start watching something and find out that it's going to be yanked next month. Nor do they want to have to follow a list of things being removed/added every month. Imagine logging into Netflix and The Crown or Tiger King are no longer available. It would make no sense.

I think WB fundamentally doesn't understand what a potential subscriber thinks they are paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    No. WB figures they can make more money hawking their content out to various other streaming services than they can make from people subscribing to their own service(s). So who knows where these movies are going. Could be Starz or Fubu or Epix or any of the other dozens and dozens of services that now exist. Point is, WB doesn't think having consistent content is important for their own services.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    It certainly feels like a disaster. It's like they took everything you should do when launching a streaming service and did the exact opposite. Here's some things you'd do if you launched a streaming service:

* Have plenty of launch titles to build buzz - HBO Max has a Looney Tunes (which is great) and a romantic comedy, and that's it.
    * Clear branding - HBO Max has the name of a cable channel but has content from various other properties.
    * Expansive library - HBO Max is not just missing some stuff here and there, they have entire categories with very little content. How do they not essentially everything that Boomerang has, for example?
    * Consistent library - Users do not want to start watching something and find out that it's going to be yanked next month. Nor do they want to have to follow a list of things being removed/added every month. Imagine logging into Netflix and The Crown or Tiger King are no longer available. It would make no sense.

I think WB fundamentally doesn't understand what a potential subscriber thinks they are paying for.
    You didn't even mention "make yourself available on as many platforms as possible".

The fact that HBO Max still isn't available on Roku or Amazon Fire Stick is just mind-boggling bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    You didn't even mention "make yourself available on as many platforms as possible".

The fact that HBO Max still isn't available on Roku or Amazon Fire Stick is just mind-boggling bad business.
    You are aware its actually Anazon denyin them access after months of negotiations trying to secure it and not a choice by WB.

Its because 5 million Amazon users access HBO content through Prime video channels and the HBO max would offer them double the content without Prime as a carrier. So natirally they want an inordinate amount of money as compensation for what they'll loose to allow it

It is interesting that people have issues with HBO plus lack of support but not Disney plus. Yes D+ works on NEW Roku but not older models and when I signed up for a trial there werenliterally only 2 devices in my home that supported it. Mine and my wife's phones. Since I wanted to get it for the kids the fact that it wouldn't work on our smart TVs or the kids ipads was absolute crap. I could install the app on everyrhing but not get playable content. I either had no sound, no picture or half a sound track or sound 40 seconds behind the picture.

All the same devices ran Netflix, Prime, Foxtel Now (equivalent of HBO Now here) Hayu, Kayo and Stan (all the streaming services available in Australia) flawlessly
    Last edited by beatboks; 06-10-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think most of the people with HBO through cable will not pay more for Max. Many more can see HBO shows through Prime. So where are these new subscribers coming from. Bad business plan.
    And this is where WB went wrong and why disney got such an initial uptake.

If like Disney WB withdrew all their content from providers that arent a part of their company (like the access prime has to HBO content) then all those who previously had that content elsewhere would be more likely to sign up.

Disney did pull all their content from Netflix, Prime etcbefore launching, forcing consumers to get their service if they wanted access to that.

The total irony is if they had Amazon woulndt be holding out onntheir service being available on roku and firestick because they wouldnt want to risk loosing those consumers who watch that content using their devices and driving demand for them

Amazing Member

I don't see how the service can be a success with how big a disaster the launch has been.

Is gone with the wind, well gone with the wind? For now but it will return with a warning in front of it. Ironic as it was in all the ads for max and just had a big screen rerelease last year!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...e-wind-1297806

Also say goodbye to True Lies, Big, and Grosse Point Blank.

Fox movies so the contract may be up on them but why put them on max to start with if it's only for two weeks?

Also still no max on roku. Not going to lie if they don't get this on roku by next month i may drop max. I'm paying for something i can't even watch on my main tv!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-10-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Also say goodbye to True Lies, Big, and Grosse Point Blank.
    I didn't even know True Lies was on there. I'm surprised, frankly, because that's the one movie I am completely unable to buy digitally

Amazing Member

You know what would be awesome? If HBO Max had past HBO Boxing fights. Since boxing has been delayed due to COVID, it could be a place for boxing fans to get their fix. You'd have 40+ years of fights to choose from.

Speaking of looney tunes i watched (on my pc of course as i have roku) the new looney tunes episodes. Not going to lie they were not bad. The last episode however had A AD in front of it for maxs kids cooking show! What on earth is a ad doing on a $15 streaming service?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

More DC movies are being pulled from Max
    https://www.superherohype.com/movies...movies-in-july

What is going on?