Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Okay, I understand gun violence in America is a thing people want to take a stance on and everything, but come on! Elmer Fudd is a hunter and Yosemite Sam is an old west outlaw, how do their characters even work or make sense without guns? No way are real world shootings inspired by Loony Tunes of all things. Next thing you know Bugs won't drop an anvil on Fudd's/Sam's/Daffy's head.
    I think it's the right call with regard to a cartoon aimed at children. There are a lot of kids who die every year because they get a hold of their parent's unsecured firearms and Looney Tunes makes it seem as though guns aren't really that dangerous since characters survive multiple shots to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    More DC movies are being pulled from Max
    https://www.superherohype.com/movies...movies-in-july

What is going on?
    Didn't DC Universe cycle out content too?

Can't say I get what they're doing. Before launch, HBO Max seemed to have one of the best libraries around, but it seems they can't even keep their own content on the platform.
    Truly insane way to launch a new streaming service.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not subbed to DC universe so I don't know. Warner shouldn't be having issues keeping content they known on their own. Something not right.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, which is part of why I dropped it.

I'd keep DC Universe for the comic content alone now. It wasn't that impressive when it launched, but there's a lot to read there these days.

More DC movies are being pulled from Max
    https://www.superherohype.com/movies...movies-in-july

What is going on?
    It isn’t clear what prompted this latest content shakeup at HBO Max, but it definitely comes as a surprise. After all, the service’s promise to add “every Superman and Batman movie from the last 40 years” was easily one of its biggest selling points. Of course, it already broke this promise when no standalone Superman movies were found on launch day.

That's right. "Every superman and batman movie from the last 40 years" was a big tagline they used.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Can't say I get what they're doing. Before launch, HBO Max seemed to have one of the best libraries around, but it seems they can't even keep their own content on the platform.
    Truly insane way to launch a new streaming service.
    They are doing what Warner have always done trying to get the maximum bang for buck that they can make on every single IP.

It's the same reason that they said they wouldn't launch HBO Max in other countries where they had an existing deal with other providers.

This way they can charge for different streaming providers or networks etc etc to have the licence for a property for a certain length of time and just cycle the back in and out of their own service when it's not in demand elsewhere. All these properties will likely cycle back in and only not be available on HBO plus when someone else is paying for exclusive right to them in the service area of HBO Plus.

It's the same reason why they cancelled Swamp Thing because none of their other companies wanted to put up part of the money for production. They didn't have a hedged bet. There was a chance of it being saved before launch when HBO was considering putting up part of the money and again when CW was but when both declined paying part of it's production costjust before the premier, so suddeny it was all on the producer alone with no other branch of the company taking a cut. Warner runs each business as a separate entity each has to make a profit on its own unfortunately it's the way the most profitable companies actually get the way they are. Dcu for example has sold the rights to several of it shows in other parts of the world currently Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing and other shows are all aired on Foxtel network here in Australia for example it's sold the rights. They sold the international rights to Netflix for Titans. CW paid for the arrowverse shows but had also sold a deal with Netflix for them, but the production company also sold the TV rights to other international networks. So for example the foxtel network here can air SG, Flash, Arrow, Batwoman etc but they can only have VOD content of the last few weeks of Arrow, Flash and SG because netflix have the streaming rites here. While Foxtel have every episode ever of LoT and Batwoman becaise Netflix dont have those.

Its also why they have said they want to do a more multiversal approach on their properties instead of a single universe like MCU. That way they can have Joker in a movie like SS, appear in say Batman and still make a totally different Joker movie that takes a billion
    Last edited by beatboks; 06-10-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Not going to lie. The new looney tunes even without a toon gun is not that bad. Some are better then others but it was not to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I think it's the right call with regard to a cartoon aimed at children. There are a lot of kids who die every year because they get a hold of their parent's unsecured firearms and Looney Tunes makes it seem as though guns aren't really that dangerous since characters survive multiple shots to the head.
    Such homes should probably rely less on cartoons not having guns in them and more in the parents having talks with their children...

No wb owned movie or show should be dropped or cycled. Leave it on there!

Also another day and another no max on roku.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Such homes should probably rely less on cartoons not having guns in them and more in the parents having talks with their children...
    I'm totally agreed, but the fact remains that some parents with small children don't secure their weapons and don't talk to their kids about gun safety. So I feel like HBO Max made the right call here because their primary audience includes young children, some of whom don't understand the distinction between reality and fiction yet.

There we go.

https://twitter.com/natjarv/status/1271511140934119425

Just in: After some significant brand confusion around HBO Max and all the other HBO apps, WarnerMedia is officially "sunsetting" HBO Go and will rebrand HBO Now as, simply, HBO.
    You will still have two hbo apps to get confused but one less hbo i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    There we go.

https://twitter.com/natjarv/status/1271511140934119425

You will still have two hbo apps to get confused but one less hbo i guess.
    At least it makes more sense now. Having both GO and Now as brands that offer the exact same content is terrible marketing.

So no more commercials of people from TV shows having no idea how to explain the difference ?