Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'm totally agreed, but the fact remains that some parents with small children don't secure their weapons and don't talk to their kids about gun safety. So I feel like HBO Max made the right call here because their primary audience includes young children, some of whom don't understand the distinction between reality and fiction yet.
    Elmer Fudd not having a Gun isn’t going to make one bit of a difference in house with insecure firearms.

Bak on topic, yeah the max device really is bizarre. I’ve got no interest in 3-4 different services for WB content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    There we go.

https://twitter.com/natjarv/status/1271511140934119425

You will still have two hbo apps to get confused but one less hbo i guess.
    I think AT&T did the right thing here, and I don't think it's confusing at all.

HBO gives you HBO content only.

HBO Max is the upsell service. It gives you HBO plus an assortment of everything else WarnerMedia owns.

What they need to do now is migrate everyone who has subscriptions to the other niche Warner streaming services like Boomerang, DC Universe, CW Seed, etc. etc. and give them HBO Max subscriptions, include the content on HBO Max, and "sunset" all these streamlets and websites. Just have one main portal screen for everything, then navigate or search for what you want.

As long as they have roku set up by then. Otherwise people who are paying for hbo now will lose that and not have max leading to some angry people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    As long as they have roku set up by then. Otherwise people who are paying for hbo now will lose that and not have max leading to some angry people.
    They can probably do what Foxtel did down under when merging foxtel now, foxtel play and foxtel go. I had devices that didnt support the app they kept but it still opened as the old app. For example my PS3 still runs foxtel play even though the ap doesnt exist anymore anywhere else.
    A couple of my older ipads also didnt support thenkept app but open as the old one

Amazing Member

AT&T could offer a bundle of HBO Max, DC Universe, and Boomerang, like how Disney offers a bundle of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.

People are saying BVS is edited! The warehouse scene cuts out batman going back to the guy with the knife!

Wow. Anyone want to check it who has max? (i don't feel like checking it out) If true they are editing films now?

Edit---Could have been special edition. That's what others were asking when someone brought it up. That's why i said i didn't know reporting the story as i only saw that film once and never want to see it again.

If it was se the guys who started the story got it mixed up and there is no edits.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-16-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Amazing Member

HBO Max has been wasted potential. A service with all the HBO, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim shows and DC movies that was available on Roku and Amazon at launch would have been a serious contender in the streaming wars.

Looks like the guy did get the special edition mixed up so bvs is not edited.

Also after the backlash some of the dc movies will stay a little longer (but batman 80s and 90s films is history) and the superman films had been added. WB still has the dumb idea to rotate it's films then just blasted leaving them on max.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/hbo-max...an-1202968107/

Just when you thought your favorite DC Comics movies were departing HBO Max this month, the new streaming platform turns around and extends their stay a little longer.

Starting July and continuing through December, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, Wonder Woman Suicide Squad, Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Superman III, Superman IV, Superman Unbound and the Watchmen movie will be available for your streaming pleasure.

Earlier this month, HBO Max said that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman would be departing the platform on July 1. But due to popular demand, the titles will remain on the streamer alongside the newly announced titles which include the movies from the Superman franchise as well as Zack Snyder’s feature adaptation of Watchmen. However, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Jonah Hex and The Losers will still be leaving on July 1. HBO Max will rotate DC films on their lineup every month.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-23-2020 at 07:35 PM.

It is feeling more and more like the DC Comics of streaming.

On paper, it probably had the most potential of any of the outfits out there. In practice, the execution is just a mess for no good reason that I can discern.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I just don't understand rotating their catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just don't understand rotating their catalog.
    It keeps people subscribing. waiting for more content. Instead of binge for a couple of months and then drop it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    HBO Max has been wasted potential. A service with all the HBO, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim shows and DC movies that was available on Roku and Amazon at launch would have been a serious contender in the streaming wars.
    Roku doesn't want to budge on a deal, so screw em

Ive got Max set up on my Xbox

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post

Ive got Max set up on my Xbox
    Me too. Unable to watch it downstairs which sucks. My Firestick is only HBO Now or Go.

It keeps people subscribing. waiting for more content. Instead of binge for a couple of months and then drop it.
    No it means waiting for same movie to come back over and over. This isn't netflix and it isn't 2010. It's outdated. Their is no point in taking movies you own off your app you own. Keep it on the blasted app if you own it.

Nope. Like roku and not dropping them. WB had 2 years to get this deal done and didn't. Not changing my roku for their mess up.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-24-2020 at 07:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You add more content to keep people subscribed, you don't take down content. It makes sense with Netflix as they don't own the properties so the had no control over licensing agreements but with a service created by the content owner? There just isn't a reason to play games with what's on, as they control it the rights.