Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Ribrianne vs. Mary Marvel

Ribrianne vs. Mary Marvel. Who wins?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Ribrianne vs. Mary Marvel. Who wins?
    Ribrianne was at least competetive with SSB level characters, which puts her MASSIVELY beyond DC flying bricks.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Ribrianne was at least competetive with SSB level characters, which puts her MASSIVELY beyond DC flying bricks.
    Not really.

She was at best able to keep up with Goku and Vegeta in SSJ1 mode and 18. Anything above that was beyond her reach.

Granted, this is Super era characters so she is still absurdly powerful for being able to do that.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Who would win IMO would be hard to tell Only cause I know little to nothing of Mary Marvel's Feats and Level of Strength.

By what I have learned and heard about the levels of strength in Super by the Start of the Tournament of Power era of Super in the Anime Base Level characters like Goku and Vegeta pretty insanely strong maybe even being above the highest levels of the Z era by what I have heard and learned.

While Ribrianne is My Favorite in DB and I think she is stronger, I still am low balling her levels here after many years of discussions on this topic in DB Forums and honestly how wonky the writing got on leveling characters halfway threw the ToP story.

Base form Ribrianne not being Tired or Lost of Confidence in her Love Powers(She seemed to have a Green Lantern style Emotional Spectrum based style to her powers too, Confidence levels in her effect her performance it seemed.), at her start was able to keep up easy with SSJ-1 Start ToP Vegeta easy and in her Base Form while Angry kept up and impressed Android 17.

I say Ribrianne's base for is SSJ-1 to 2 level while her Super and Giant forms are at the less SSJ-3 levels start of the ToP saga.

However, in Episode 109 she did take a powerful hit from SSJ-Blue Goku with seemingly to receive no damage to her from it, so Ribrianne's true level of strength without the stamina drains, lost of confidence or off writing it hard to say what her peak level can truly be.

Again to know who would win I need more info on Mary Marvel to be fair.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-29-2020 at 05:29 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member

Mary only had kinetic impact from punches or other bodily impacts as main techniques. We debated whether the top level of the tournament contestants could withstand blows from Kryptonian and I assume equal Marvel level folks. Consensus was that they could. Mary might have the magic lightning attack but is that at an energy level to affect her? She has taken quite a bit from Goku, etc.

Now, is Mary vulnerable to the level of energy level that Ribby can put out? What has the Marvel family taken? Shazam did get killed by a nuke in Kingdom Come. Other feats?

This could be a draw.

If their powers are comparable in scale, then it comes down to fighting ability, right? The Marvels generally aren't known for their fighting prowess as much as their sheer power (unlike, say, Wonder Woman), but on the other hand, Ribrienne was very much a brute force fighter herself.

Does Mary have feats of understanding the concept of love beyond an aesthetic branding tool to be used to cut in line?

Then again, I could be misremembering just how #18 beat Ribrianne. IIRC the latter's belief in her "Power of Love" was so dense it literally created something of a black hole, which remained ineffectual against the purity of the lady that fell for Krillin.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Does Mary have feats of understanding the concept of love beyond an aesthetic branding tool to be used to cut in line?

Then again, I could be misremembering just how #18 beat Ribrianne. IIRC the latter's belief in her "Power of Love" was so dense it literally created something of a black hole, which remained ineffectual against the purity of the lady that fell for Krillin.
    FYI

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    If their powers are comparable in scale, then it comes down to fighting ability, right? The Marvels generally aren't known for their fighting prowess as much as their sheer power (unlike, say, Wonder Woman), but on the other hand, Ribrienne was very much a brute force fighter herself.
    I think what I might also comedown to is both Durability and Speed feats a well.

It depends on fast Mary is clocked in at, usally DB Characters have to balance strength, speed, energy and stamina among other abilities in balance to be able to fight with most other opponents. Like it was State by when Perfect Cell vs. SSJ1-Grade 3 Future Trunks, Trunks had allot of Strength and Power but become slow as heck, with sacrificing speed Trunks stood no chance in winning.

So if Ribrianne by speed feats is faster that would give her an advantage likely depending on Mary's speed.

Also, while she has enough Stamina and Confidence it seems Ribrianne is Immune to receiving damage even from stronger attacks like SSJ-Blue Goku.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member

Mary as a Marvel is close to FTL. No such feats for Ribby. Although, I don't know if we saw Mary go near FTL. Mary and Ribby probably are immune to each other's attacks. But as I said before, sometimes Marvel folks can't take nuke level, sometimes they are PC Supes level. What is current Mary?

I might go for Mary for a FTLish tackle for a ringout.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Mary as a Marvel is close to FTL. No such feats for Ribby. Although, I don't know if we saw Mary go near FTL. Mary and Ribby probably are immune to each other's attacks. But as I said before, sometimes Marvel folks can't take nuke level, sometimes they are PC Supes level. What is current Mary?

I might go for Mary for a FTLish tackle for a ringout.
    Sorry for my confusion, what does FTL mean?

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Sorry for my confusion, what does FTL mean?
    I think he means Faster than Light.

Though saying someone is close to Faster than Light is not very clear.

Are they Sub-Light Speed?

Light Speed?

Or Faster than Light Speed?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think he means Faster than Light.

Though saying someone is close to Faster than Light is not very clear.

Are they Sub-Light Speed?

Light Speed?

Or Faster than Light Speed?
    Thanks for that Tami.

I have heard over the Years many of the DC heavy hitters are at least the speed of light in short bursts and short range fighting moments. But my DC history is rusty at best so I Know Superman is already way beyond this, but Mary I am not sure but I am sure she being part of the Shazam Legacy has to be up their.

DB character discussions have been all over the place in how really fast they are, some say that as the earlier Z era they in short bursts reached FTL speed in fighting at least. But I don't know how true this is, however by the time we get to the Super Era and the Tournament of Power where Ribrianne debut I would safely say many of the Fighters at Base Goku to SSJ-1 to 2 levels in short burst are likely several times the Speed of Light likely.

I am not sure who is truly accurate, more some breakdown their theories pretty well to add to what they truly might be;

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

18's power of Love came from a personal well when she remembered her Love for her Husband Krillin and her Daughter. Now how 18 could tap into a power~form she had not history in using or knowing how to use I still find strange, but still this is DB so that is how it goes, so usually when tap into such a personal form of love such love as that for a Lover, Partner and Child is usually is the greatest form of love out their.

Love Power and its strength by Ribrianne and Universe 2 remind me greatly on how the Green Lantern Mythos seems to work as well, aka the emotional spectrum. The More Will a Green Lantern has or the More Love a Start Sapphire has from someone, the stronger they are.

Also, another important scaling factor for the 18 fight was that Ribrianne was shown to be weaken from continued battle and rough up pretty badly before she got her Giant Power Form Boast. Also it was not fully 18 that beat Ribrianne in the final battle, 17 stepped into help 18 out as well with running some defense. So Ribrianne's Upper Levels of power is likely a good ways beyond her fight with 18 due to the earlier stamina drain and how roughed up she was from the Tournament.

Since I explained where 18 got her Love Power from, I will explain now that Ribrianne and the Other Maidens Kakunsa and Rozie's Powers of Love comes from their Caring and Connection to their Friends and Universe by how it was shown in the Anime. These ideal of love where also shared by their Universe as well, 2 has the 2nd highest mortal level of the Universe in the ToP, usually meaning the Universe had great progress of their mortal's livelihoods and their civilizations. Most of their ideals that got them that high was base on their beliefs in these forms of love for each other and their champions, so the Power of Love for Ribrianne and her Universe was the Real Deal. It lead to the final fighters of Universe 2 getting a power increase from their Universe based on their Love and Beliefs in them that lead to the Black Love Hole attack in Episode 118.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9tfWTawCts

Also going along with this, Ribrianne earlier was shown to gain a Major Power Increase in Episode 103 after sadly Kakunsa and Vikal got eliminated and her love for them increase her power greatly to go toe to toe with Android 17 who was speculated to be maybe SSJ-Blue Goku tier before the ToP started. He was impressed by Her power as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGuCLDTCzUk

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Shazam did get killed by a nuke in Kingdom Come.
    KC is an Elseworlds/alternate future story that AFAIK has nothing to do with current Shazam Family members (and IIRC that nuke was somehow capable of killing way more DC Earth heroes than just Shazam/Captain Marvel).