Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    18's power of Love came from a personal well when she remembered her Love for her Husband Krillin and her Daughter. Now how 18 could tap into a power~form she had not history in using or knowing how to use I still find strange, but still this is DB so that is how it goes, so usually when tap into such a personal form of love such love as that for a Lover, Partner and Child is usually is the greatest form of love out their.
    Well, yes, that's the joke.

'Love' to Ribrianne is merely a four letter word from which she appears to draw her power as she hypocritically judges others for shallow things, like ugliness, or rude conduct. She doesn't understand this, yet commodifies it. It's the shallow sort of love reserved for celebrities, all spectacle.

Love Power and its strength by Ribrianne and Universe 2 remind me greatly on how the Green Lantern Mythos seems to work as well, aka the emotional spectrum. The More Will a Green Lantern has or the More Love a Start Sapphire has from someone, the stronger they are.

Also, another important scaling factor for the 18 fight was that Ribrianne was shown to be weaken from continued battle and rough up pretty badly before she got her Giant Power Form Boast. Also it was not fully 18 that beat Ribrianne in the final battle, 17 stepped into help 18 out as well with running some defense. So Ribrianne's Upper Levels of power is likely a good ways beyond her fight with 18 due to the earlier stamina drain and how roughed up she was from the Tournament.
    Let's just ignore how 18 punched through her powered up form like wet tissue and dodged Ribrianne's blasts point-blank.

Since I explained where 18 got her Love Power from, I will explain now that Ribrianne and the Other Maidens Kakunsa and Rozie's Powers of Love comes from their Caring and Connection to their Friends and Universe by how it was shown in the Anime. These ideal of love where also shared by their Universe as well, 2 has the 2nd highest mortal level of the Universe in the ToP, usually meaning the Universe had great progress of their mortal's livelihoods and their civilizations. Most of their ideals that got them that high was base on their beliefs in these forms of love for each other and their champions, so the Power of Love for Ribrianne and her Universe was the Real Deal. It lead to the final fighters of Universe 2 getting a power increase from their Universe based on their Love and Beliefs in them that lead to the Black Love Hole attack in Episode 118.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9tfWTawCts

Also going along with this, Ribrianne earlier was shown to gain a Major Power Increase in Episode 103 after sadly Kakunsa and Vikal got eliminated and her love for them increase her power greatly to go toe to toe with Android 17 who was speculated to be maybe SSJ-Blue Goku tier before the ToP started. He was impressed by Her power as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGuCLDTCzUk
    She also got duffed by Base Vegeta pretty easily.

If he actually tried - ie, went Blue instead of conserving his stamina - it would have been a really quick elimination.

But again, jokes.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

We do have a clear cut point of FTL in the Tournament of Power finally.

It was clearly stated that Dyspo’s super speed was FTL.

Considering Mystic Gohan and Golden Freiza were able to react to him, I would imagine that should be our benchmark of who’s FTL in DBS, yes? Anyone on or above that level?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Well, yes, that's the joke.

'Love' to Ribrianne is merely a four letter word from which she appears to draw her power as she hypocritically judges others for shallow things, like ugliness, or rude conduct. She doesn't understand this, yet commodifies it. It's the shallow sort of love reserved for celebrities, all spectacle.
    Ummmm.....I kind of already stated that was not the case in the least in my previous post, espically after the events of Episode 118 where it was clearly shown these ideals that Ribrianne and her Teammates shared where also shared by their Entire Universe as well, which made them the 2 Highest Moral Rating in the ToP behind Universe 11.

This states it does not equal to having the strongest fights, it is about their Universe being highly evolved and advanced in their mortals develop, aka Universe 2 spent more time likely developing their people then just Themselves as single warriors it seemed. Yea, Universe 2 is clearly not made of self-centered people by what was presented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEI...i&index=4&t=0s

If it was all fake too, then her Entire Universe as whole would not be based on love or even rally behind her words their like they did. Heck when Zirloin, Zarbuto and Rabanra got that power up it would never have happen if it was based on a hollow 4-Letter word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9tfWTawCts

The point being their Powers of Love where clearly really and gave them great power, just not great enough for the long run against the Over Powering characters like in Universe 7 and 11, but it does not equal to no power. If it was all fake and selfish they have no power.

For a so-called self-centered celebrity character that is said about Ribrianne, she really showed that self-centerness when also in episode 118 she admitted her defeat and asked her universe to rally behind Zirloin, Zarbuto and Rabanra and even ask for power similar to her own to be granted to them and even cheered when they achieved power beyond her even in the Love Black Hole attack.

So Again this ideal of Ribrianne being uncaring and self-centered just does not jive with what was Clearly present to us On-Screen and in Canon with the Anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEI...i&index=4&t=0s

Also she when she lost to 18 by the end of episode 117 she admitted her defeat and was willing to learn better from it, that usually shows the strives of a good character at heart and good character development.

The Manga yes that was way Different, but I am talking about the Anime canon only.

Now, If it seemed like any of my previous posts got somewhat off topic I am sorry, I want to keep this discussion on the Mary vs. Ribrianne and what is the scaling of Ribrianne and her power set that I know.

Let's just ignore how 18 punched through her powered up form like wet tissue and dodged Ribrianne's blasts point-blank.
    I did not mean to ignore, Tami already nicely provided that video of that Victory by 18 so I felt it was not necessary to repeat, it clearly showed her Victory over Giant Ribrianne. I was just breaking down what was likely Ribrianne's levels at this time and where she had negatives(Stamina and being wounded) and how that might effect her Top tier possibilities against Mary, not to bring down 18.

If it seemed like I undercut 18 I am sorry for that, if you like me to, 18 had a wounded ankle so that likely held some of her top tier at that point too if you want me to include that.

My point is that even with that fight, I think Ribrianne has a bigger top tier likely when not effected by the drains she had from prolonged battle to get a better sense on her chances against Mary.

She also got duffed by Base Vegeta pretty easily.

If he actually tried - ie, went Blue instead of conserving his stamina - it would have been a really quick elimination.

But again, jokes.

Yea but he didn't and honestly it is always one of the Biggest problems with DB trops if they just all go all out by Mathematical standards they win right away, characters like Goku, Vegeta, Frieza and even Jiren where guilty of this. But they like to test their opponents and it is done to give the audience good fights and to see just how strong an opponent can truly go, hence the SSJ-1 Vegeta Fight and 17 fights.

But also at that point it showed the prolong fighting started to effect Ribrianne's stamina and/or even confidence which seems to have an effect on her power level. These could be factors in how she do against Mary.

Again it is not about how many Opponents Vegeta can beat, but what levels of Power Ribrianne is likely to achieve in a Top Tier fight and what could effect her negatively too.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-31-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!