Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

My vote's on MODOK, Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing.

Over-the-top giant head, easy to underestimate, but he's been a head of AIM for a reason; he can blast mental rays from his mind to fry those he deems crossed him, or outlived his / her usefulness, to a crisp.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    My vote's on MODOK, Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing.

Over-the-top giant head, easy to underestimate, but he's been a head of AIM for a reason; he can blast mental rays from his mind to fry those he deems crossed him, or outlived his / her usefulness, to a crisp.
    This guy goes in a file in my book with The Leader as someone who has rarely been written to his full potential. The toon AEMH did a good job with The Leader, but very few have given MODOK his due.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    This guy goes in a file in my book with The Leader as someone who has rarely been written to his full potential. The toon AEMH did a good job with The Leader, but very few have given MODOK his due.
    I think the character's design hampers that. So he's got the mental blasts in his arsenal but he has shriveled and withered looking limbs. Shut down that power and he can be simply beaten to death. Or have a sword shoved into his torso like in Doctor Doom #4

BTW, one of my favorite episodes on the Superhero Squad cartoon was MODOK's accidental romance with Captain Marvel

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think the character's design hampers that. So he's got the mental blasts in his arsenal but he has shriveled and withered looking limbs. Shut down that power and he can be simply beaten to death. Or have a sword shoved into his torso like in Doctor Doom #4

BTW, one of my favorite episodes on the Superhero Squad cartoon was MODOK's accidental romance with Captain Marvel
    By the same token, cut The Wizard's power source, and he's probably any high school bully's meat. I'm just saying an intellect like his should be usable as a more threatening menace, especially with an army of bee-keeper nerds at his beck and call.

By the same token, cut The Wizard's power source, and he's probably any high school bully's meat. I'm just saying an intellect like his should be usable as a more threatening menace, especially with an army of bee-keeper nerds at his beck and call.
    He probably should stay in the background and not engage in any direct confrontations because of his physical vulnerability. Speaking of the Wizard, that reminds me how they were both part of the Intelligencia. That group needs to have another big storyline again. I really enjoyed their role in Fall of the Hulks. Even the Red Ghost had a moment to shine in that one.

heh. Bully meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    heh. Bully meat.

That’s Doom getting handled by Scott like that?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That’s Doom getting handled by Scott like that?
    Yeah. To me, that's a writer without an editor to say, "No. Scott gets one cheap shot and then gets to escape with his life after a harrowing experience. Because (the second) Ant-Man is no more the equal of Dr. Doom than your local high school dunk champ is the equal of Michael Jordan."

Yeah. To me, that's a writer without an editor to say, "No. Scott gets one cheap shot and then gets to escape with his life after a harrowing experience. Because (the second) Ant-Man is no more the equal of Dr. Doom than your local high school dunk champ is the equal of Michael Jordan."
    Facts don’t care about your feelings. And, at one point, Michael Jordan was overlooked. It took work to become a winner. Scott put in the work. And Doom failed to adapt. It happened. It’s canon. Doom had to correct his mistake by resurrecting Cassie.

Facts don’t care about your feelings. And, at one point, Michael Jordan was overlooked. It took work to become a winner. Scott put in the work. And Doom failed to adapt. It happened. It’s canon. Doom had to correct his mistake by resurrecting Cassie.
    When you're used as often as Doom, you have your share of good and bad showings.

But the fact that he literally has the best feats in marvel (aside from maybe Thanos) more than evens things up. He's still by far the most credible villain in marvel (again aside from maybe Thanos). He could take a dozen bad loses like this back to back, but would still be considered the top villain by most comic book fans because of how padded his resume is.

Boisterously Confused

<rolls eyes> Whatever. Enjoy your world.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When you're used as often as Doom, you have your share of good and bad showings.

But the fact that he literally has the best feats in marvel (aside from maybe Thanos) more than evens things up. He's still by far the most credible villain in marvel (again aside from maybe Thanos). He could take a dozen bad loses like this back to back, but would still be considered the top villain by most comic book fans because of how padded his resume is.
    His resume is certainly padded. And I dispute his credibility. He relies too often on doom bots to repair his image. And those who consider him to be the top villain are nearing retirement age. Ask a casual reader and they’d name Thanos. Doom simply isn’t all that relevant outside of the clique of the message boards. I routinely encounter Thanos or Vader memes from random people on Facebook. Not once have I seen Doom.

<rolls eyes> Whatever. Enjoy your world.
    I hope that you enjoy my world too! Give the last issue of Avengers of the Wasteland a shot. It will really lift your spirits.

His resume is certainly padded. And I dispute his credibility. He relies too often on doom bots to repair his image. And those who consider him to be the top villain are nearing retirement age. Ask a casual reader and they’d name Thanos. Doom simply isn’t all that relevant outside of the clique of the message boards. I routinely encounter Thanos or Vader memes from random people on Facebook. Not once have I seen Doom.
    And I would wager none of those FB denizens even heard of Thanos before he started appearing in the Marvel films. Obviously film fans outnumber comic book fans but more importantly those in a position of power at Marvel Studios know quite well Doom is. And seeing as Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers are interested in bringing Doom into the MCU your incidental examples will become irrelevant.

I love Doom but damn Scott laying the smackdown on him is probably one of the most cathartic moments in comics. No matter how big you are, you don't mess with a parent's child without getting what's coming to ya
    Last edited by Valentonis; 06-09-2020 at 02:33 PM.