Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who is the most feared Villain in the Marvel Universe?

So I did the most respected and feared hero. And I had fun reading the responses that people had. So I thought I would start another thread in kind of the same theme.

Who is the most feared villain in the Marvel Universe? The one that makes the public just wet their pants when they show up. Or maybe one that scares the Hell out of the police. Like the guy that they dread going after. Or maybe the one other heroes are not happy to face.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

My Top 3:

Dr. Doom

Thanos

The Red Skull

Doom and THanos are the obvious answers.

I'd actually throw Dracula in there as well. Every kid at one point or another probably had nightmares about Dracula.

I know I should fear Doom. But he has been beaten by Cloak and Dagger and Squirrel Girl. Kind of hard to take a man seriously as a threat when over the years they have been jobbed by pretty much everyone.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Wrecker and the Wrecking Crew.

They make every hero say 'Oh, God, not these guys!'

No, wait. I'm thinking of the readers.

Lightbulb

Thanos, I would say, but there is a strong case to be made for either Doom or Carnage (under the right or rather wrong circumstances).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Doom and THanos are the obvious answers.

I'd actually throw Dracula in there as well. Every kid at one point or another probably had nightmares about Dracula.
    agree with all of these but would add Annihilus

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I know I should fear Doom. But he has been beaten by Cloak and Dagger and Squirrel Girl. Kind of hard to take a man seriously as a threat when over the years they have been jobbed by pretty much everyone.
    Almost everyone gets jobbed by Squirrel Girl, including Thanos. I think all her "wins" are ridiculous and shouldn't be taken as canon but apparently there are enough supporters among the Marvel staff that someone always gives her the win. She never really appears in any important arcs and mostly stays in her own little contained space when she has an ongoing.

This comes from a special holiday comic GLX-MAS #1. I'm never very fond of obscure stories that are like this being taken as canon either.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have always been scared of Carnage. The man is insane and loves to kill. With some of the other villains they have a reason for doing things. You can kind of figure them out a bit. Not with Carnage.

THANOS! Always. You want to stop Doom. You call the FF. You want to stop Thanos. You call EVERYONE!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Doctor of Doom usually operates within the confines of his own state, and our world today acknowledges dictators as a problem but seems to not be very concerned about them.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Boisterously Confused

Galactus is going to eat the whole damn planet, and looks on you as one of the donut sprinkles on its surface, if he notices you at all. That's pretty scary. Of course, I don't know how many people outside the community of heroes and SHIELD are actually aware of his true nature and intent.

Thanos is a threat of equal menace, but don't his schemes typically get undone by reality rebuilding? The heroes are probably scared stiff of him, but the general populace may not be.

Honestly, given Marvel's history, I'd put my money on Magneto (I know how he's currently regarded, but that's just a matter of time, IMO, and the heroes and public remember). He's Thor-scale powerful. He's conquered whole countries almost single-handed. The most angrily militant of mutants will flock to his banner whenever he chooses to raise it, or even go all lone-wolf terrorist in his name. His schemes are always big, noisy, and ruthlessly packed with body-count, which he finds completely justifiable in pursuit of his cause.

Extraordinary Member

Wendigo. Because of the cannibalism angle.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Doctor of Doom usually operates within the confines of his own state, and our world today acknowledges dictators as a problem but seems to not be very concerned about them.
    Usually but not always. After all he has obtained the power of the Beyonders twice now and ruled the Multiverse after the last incurion.

Depending on what side you're on. Magneto. Humans fear him while to (some)mutants he is respected.