Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I found Cassandra Nova very scary… such hate.

But is she alive?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    In the Universe?

The Annihilation Wave. The original story had every civilisation running for their lives.
    And every story since (Hickman mostly), it gets hand waved away as not being that scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    But are they scary feats? Stealing power from galactus is impressive. But it doesn’t make you scarier than Galactus. Does the public think of Doom as scary? They think of Magneto as scary. They build sentinels to protect themselves from people like Magneto. They are in trade agreements with Latveria. Even with the new rules of mutantkind, they assembled assassins and started mass producing power dampening guns. Being the scariest requires people to know that you’re something to be feared. They need to be aware of your feats. Magneto does all of his in public because the goal is to terrorize. You only need to fear Doom if you have power he needs to steal for one storyline.
    Yes and no. Doom has conquered earth twice... so the world knows that this is a guy you need to watch out for. But when he ruled the world, he actually did a pretty descent job. So in the least they know he's not evil incarnate.

There are villains far more evil than him, but far less capable and effective. And I guess that's the trade off. Is it scarier to have a villain who is more evil but far less likely to suceed at what they are trying to do, or vice verse? Sort of depends.

In the Universe?

The Annihilation Wave. The original story had every civilisation running for their lives.
    Finally I mentioned Annihilus for this reason more than any.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    THANOS! Always. You want to stop Doom. You call the FF. You want to stop Thanos. You call EVERYONE!
    This. By everyone he means even Stark reaches out to DOOM for any possible help.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

In the Universe?

I think that raises a question of how earth-centric this answer should be.

The Annihilation Wave was a huge deal to most of the galactic empires... but it never got near earth, and Annihilus as a whole was never that big a deal. Conversely, Doom may have become literally the most powerful being in the universe on multiple occasions but I'm not entirely sure how aware most of the universe was of his actions.

I suppose that might be why Thanos is the easiest answer. Both on earth and in the rest of the universe, he's an established threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This. By everyone he means even Stark reaches out to DOOM for any possible help.
    Not just Stark, but even T'Challa reaches out to Doom for help:

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I found Cassandra Nova very scary… such hate.

But is she alive?
    She is alive
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    She is alive
    Brr…

No much love for Ultron. Is he destroyed?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

1) Mephisto or Thanos
    2) -tie-
    3) Galactus
    4) Doctor Doom (most dangerous Earth baddie)

Brr…

He's still fused to Pym. He should be a treat but he's taking a rest after flexing on everyone during:
    1) Ultron Unlimited
    2) Ultron Initiative
    3) Annihilation Conquest
    4) Age of Ultron
    5) Rage of Ultron
    "Cable was right!"

I hear a lot of people Thanos and Galactus and I get that. They are big bads. But the more I think about it the more I think that as a street level person I would be more scared of people who effect me or could effect me on a day to day basis. Like with Thanos and Galactus I see like North Korea or Iran having Nukes. Yes its a scary thought and they could do bad things but it doesnt change how I live my day to day life. It is a distant threat. It is the same with Mafgneto. He is a scary guy who yes wants to wipe me out for being human but I dont think I will encounter him walking down a street in Long Island. Ultimate Magneto is much scarier to the average man I think. Doom I wouldnt really be scared of because I have nothing he wants. I am not the head of a state, I am not a superhero, I am not a person who invents crazy and powerful gadgets. If I do encounter him for some reason there is a better chance I would survive. Because I would not be dumb enough to fight him. What would it prove to Doom to kill me off if I am no threat? Doom for all his ego and pomp can be reasonable.

Street level people would be more scary to me. Like The Hood, The Owl, Silvermane or Kingpim who do or have run vast criminal empires. I would have a better chance of being effected by that in my day to day life. Even more so if I was living in a poorer section of New York or a business owner whose store may be robbed or targeted in a protection racket. Or maybe I would have an encounter with a street level villain like The Shocker. yes Spidery most likely would save me because that is what he does, but would I be hurt in the fight? Would I be used as a hostage? Would Carnage come out of no where and kill me just because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-01-2020 at 06:39 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I hear a lot of people Thanos and Galactus and I get that. They are big bads. But the more I think about it the more I think that as a street level person I would be more scared of people who effect me or could effect me on a day to day basis. Like with Thanos and Galactus I see like North Korea or Iran having Nukes. Yes its a scary thought and they could do bad things but it doesnt change how I live my day to day life. It is a distant threat. It is the same with Mafgneto. He is a scary guy who yes wants to wipe me out for being human but I dont think I will encounter him walking down a street in Long Island. Ultimate Magneto is much scarier to the average man I think. Doom I wouldnt really be scared of because I have nothing he wants. I am not the head of a state, I am not a superhero, I am not a person who invents crazy and powerful gadgets. If I do encounter him for some reason there is a better chance I would survive. Because I would not be dumb enough to fight him. What would it prove to Doom to kill me off if I am no threat? Doom for all his ego and pomp can be reasonable.

Street level people would be more scary to me. Like The Hood, The Owl, Silvermane or Kingpim who do or have run vast criminal empires. I would have a better chance of being effected by that in my day to day life. Even more so if I was living in a poorer section of New York or a business owner whose store may be robbed or targeted in a protection racket. Or maybe I would have an encounter with a street level villain like The Shocker. yes Spidery most likely would save me because that is what he does, but would I be hurt in the fight? Would I be used as a hostage? Would Carnage come out of no where and kill me just because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I said this earlier, but one of my picks was Dracula. Me (or any human) potentially has something he wants, so in theory on any given day I could be a victim to him. Doom or Magneto likely wouldn't target me, like you said... but Dracula or some other vampire MIGHT if I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I said this earlier, but one of my picks was Dracula. Me (or any human) potentially has something he wants, so in theory on any given day I could be a victim to him. Doom or Magneto likely wouldn't target me, like you said... but Dracula or some other vampire MIGHT if I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I get that. But to me Drac is like the Doom of the Vampire world. The chances that he is walking down the streets of New York are slim. But yo are right he would for sure kill me if he got a hold of me. But I would be more scared of average Joe vampire then Drac.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Brr…

Ultron's a sound pick. Up until its rampage through Sokovia, most people in-universe probably would have put Ultron in the "just another supernut" category, even though Ultron-6 did nearly nuke the UN. After Sokovia, I can see people being really afraid of it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Brr…

Like most of the super bads, Ultron will eventually surface. Different scheme, same dream.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin