Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He's still fused to Pym. He should be a treat but he's taking a rest after flexing on everyone during:
    1) Ultron Unlimited
    2) Ultron Initiative
    3) Annihilation Conquest
    4) Age of Ultron
    5) Rage of Ultron
    He(it?) has been quite the busy bee…

One of my 'favourite' villains of the old days was Deathstalker. I guess he hasn't reached the modern days.

Is it true? It's a woman now?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The Kingpin is pretty feared in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    That’s true. But only by criminals.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    agree with all of these but would add Annihilus
    Actually the three I was thinking of too

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    That’s true. But only by criminals.
    It's true that the circle aware of him is smaller than most of Marvel's other archvillains, but mathew101281 is right. Kingpin is feared, and not just by criminals, but almost anyone that's aware of him. I am not a great fan of his, but if there's one thing that Frank Miller did right, it was imbuing The Kingpin with some real, almost Darkseid-esque, sense of menace.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It's true that the circle aware of him is smaller than most of Marvel's other archvillains, but mathew101281 is right. Kingpin is feared, and not just by criminals, but almost anyone that's aware of him. I am not a great fan of his, but if there's one thing that Frank Miller did right, it was imbuing The Kingpin with some real, almost Darkseid-esque, sense of menace.
    Sure. I can go along with that. But I just read a story in which Fisk nearly crapped himself after meeting a group of more influential business types. Personally I would consider Bullseye over Fisk. He has a decent rep as someone who you don’t want gunning for you.

Sure. I can go along with that. But I just read a story in which Fisk nearly crapped himself after meeting a group of more influential business types. Personally I would consider Bullseye over Fisk. He has a decent rep as someone who you don’t want gunning for you.
    Yes he does. But he also has kind of a rep of getting his butt handed to him too many times. I remember a story. I forget what issue. But when he went to a crime boss to get work the boss turned him down. Said he didnt need Daredevil's punching bag on his payroll. Of course it didnt end well for said crime boss.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yes he does. But he also has kind of a rep of getting his butt handed to him too many times. I remember a story. I forget what issue. But when he went to a crime boss to get work the boss turned him down. Said he didnt need Daredevil's punching bag on his payroll. Of course it didnt end well for said crime boss.
    Bad reference if the idea is to defend Fisk. There was a long period of him falling further and further in relevance because Murdock kicked his rear. They fully immobilize Bullseye when he’s apprehended. Even after his most humiliating defeat he remained a looming threat in Ellis’ Thunderbolts. The reader and the characters knew that he was going to escape and start murdering people. He’s really only matched by 90s era Sabretooth on that front.

Bad reference if the idea is to defend Fisk. There was a long period of him falling further and further in relevance because Murdock kicked his rear. They fully immobilize Bullseye when he’s apprehended. Even after his most humiliating defeat he remained a looming threat in Ellis’ Thunderbolts. The reader and the characters knew that he was going to escape and start murdering people. He’s really only matched by 90s era Sabretooth on that front.
    I wasnt trying to defend Fisk. I know his rep suffered a lot as well. But Bullseye reb has well. At least for a bit. I remember when The Kingpin didnt want to hire him back at one point.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Molecule Man if you called him a villain and he had any malicious drive to speak of and people knew about him and had any sense. I think If I were a Marvel hero, I’d try to rehab him and then sign him up for my Super Team. Okay. Okay. I’m going. Calm down.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Molecule Man if you called him a villain and he had any malicious drive to speak of and people knew about him and had any sense. I think If I were a Marvel hero, I’d try to rehab him and then sign him up for my Super Team. Okay. Okay. I’m going. Calm down.
    For those who know what he's capable of, he's terribly scary

But I don't think he had much of a rep in the general population

But yeah, a scary power

Boisterously Confused

Issues? I'd like a bibliography of bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Issues? I'd like a bibliography of bad writing.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...l-kingpin/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    The Sentry still scared him

THe Most Feared Villain- World Breaker Hulk

Read Immortal Hulk and you'll see why LOL