Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Whats going on with Generations

Is DC doing this or is it not happing

It probably isn’t happening. But if it does it will be radically revamped from what was planned.

I wonder if DC will pull Generation Zero from the postponed Free Comic Book Day?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Safe to say my question has been answered. If DC isn't with Diamond any more, they won't be in FCBD either. Which means Generation Zero will be cancelled.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Safe to say my question has been answered. If DC isn't with Diamond any more, they won't be in FCBD either. Which means Generation Zero will be cancelled.
    I expect they will probably do their own version of FCBD surely. It would be bad business not to.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Except that its apparently going to be in the FLASH FORWARD TPB (which is annoying for people who have already brought the mini)

Short answer is we don't know. Didio's firing will definitely lead to changes but we don't yet know how drastic. There were conflicting reports that the higher ups were both in favor of and opposed to the whole 5G idea.

They could pulp the existing print run, and release the Generation Zero content as Flash Forward: Epilogue instead?

BANNED

Changed and Axed. Detah Metal will set up the next era of canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Changed and Axed. Detah Metal will set up the next era of canon.
    Don't state things factually that aren't. It just leads to confusion.

It's assumed (for obvious reasons) that it's been changed, and no one as confirmed it's been cancelled.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Well it looks as if my nearly complete inattention to whatever in the world Generations was going to be is paying off.

Factually we don't know what's happening with 5G. Factually, we never really knew what was going to happen with 5G in the first place, beyond Diana being the world's first superhero and helping inspire the other Golden Age heroes.

We know that some creators and editors/administrators at DC were against the original plan (whatever it was). The creators themselves have tweeted and talked about that, though not in any detail.

We know that after Didio was fired, some changes were made to the plan. Jim Lee, I think, said as much. What changes, or how big, we don't know.

We have reports that AT&T is still interested in the basic idea (whatever it was) and plan on going forward with it after the changes are made (whatever those are).

Scott Snyder has said, I think, that Metal 2 will establish the new continuity going forward. It has been described as a "everything counts" type of approach, but what that actually means is anyone's guess.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Factually we don't know what's happening with 5G. Factually, we never really knew what was going to happen with 5G in the first place, beyond Diana being the world's first superhero and helping inspire the other Golden Age heroes.

We know that some creators and editors/administrators at DC were against the original plan (whatever it was). The creators themselves have tweeted and talked about that, though not in any detail.

We know that after Didio was fired, some changes were made to the plan. Jim Lee, I think, said as much. What changes, or how big, we don't know.

We have reports that AT&T is still interested in the basic idea (whatever it was) and plan on going forward with it after the changes are made (whatever those are).

Scott Snyder has said, I think, that Metal 2 will establish the new continuity going forward. It has been described as a "everything counts" type of approach, but what that actually means is anyone's guess.
    You're mixing things together a little bit. 5G and Generations are two separate things. Generations was the announced mini-series that detailed the history of the DC Universe. The first issue was already announced, and the Free Comic Book Day issue was supposed to be the prelude to it.

5G was the rumored initiative for after Generations.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    You're mixing things together a little bit. 5G and Generations are two separate things. Generations was the announced mini-series that detailed the history of the DC Universe. The first issue was already announced, and the Free Comic Book Day issue was supposed to be the prelude to it.

5G was the rumored initiative for after Generations.
    Ah! So I am! Good catch.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I state facts.