Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I love that idea, of Superman basically writing books about his thoughts on the world, his life and his experiences.

There's a story Maggin or somebody wrote where Luthor and Superman teamed up to explore the universe together after Lois Lane died and Lex was reformed (presumably by Cal Anderson, his psychiatrist in another Maggin story, "the Ghost of Superman-Future".) I remember thinking the story had some major problems, but that the idea of the two of them as space explorers and friends was a lot of fun.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

To infinity and beyond???? They should ask buzz lightyear, flash gordon and adam strange to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Two things about the Superman story that I never or rarely see, yet seem to be very important to the character are 1) Clark Kent is a talented writer of reportage and 2) Superman has encountered so much in the universe that must've had a impact on him philosophically, intellectually, morally.

A man so gifted at composition and observation would surely write down his understanding of the universe and his insights into what it means to exist in such a world.

Even if he had no powers left, Clark would surely reflect on all he'd seen and experienced and try to express that in p r o s e - - for himself and for all of us.
    Havent there been religions based around Superman/Superboy/Krypton at various times in DC's continuity?
    PPL like that would latch onto a book of this type w. both hands, probably.