Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    i mean he was little, he was born in a tube he doesn't remember, he saw everything around him swirling.
    Right, but my thing is that the Kents also say that he was smaller. That make me wonder if there's something here, but I dunno.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that Conner was smaller. Is that a hint towards a revised history where Conner was cloned in a manner closer to Bentley (a clone of The Wizard) from Hickman's Fantastic Four run where the clone starts out as a child? Or are they just implying that Conner filled out compared to what they remember.

If it had just been Ma and Pa saying that he used to be smaller, I'd assume they mean he just filled out, but due to the fact that Conner describes himself as being "little" during at some point, I'm incline to think that he and they meant that he was a child at some point.

Fascinating. Conner's history is slowly becoming more of a mystery than any of us anticipated.
    I think that could just come down to artistic interpretation. When we first got Conner back in YJ recently he'd been living in Gemworld with an adoptive kid and was working on a young adult beard and everything.

It occurred to me while doing something the other day that what with time jive, it's frankly totally possible for like, much cooler Youth Jon Kent Superboy to return some day. It's time travel hijinx. Whether or not there's a Teenage Jon in this Neo Legion Future or not and Superman got to meet his teenage son way early, Damian-Age Superboy can always come back. (Dear crap I want him back.)
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I think that could just come down to artistic interpretation. When we first got Conner back in YJ recently he'd been living in Gemworld with an adoptive kid and was working on a young adult beard and everything.
    Actually, you can get a pretty solid rough estimation of how long Conner was away. He landed on Gemworld around the time the woman was well into her pregnancy, and then he left around the time little Martha was maybe a year old. So it's likely he's only older by about a year and some change. Before he left for Gemworld he was in high school, but there's no telling what grade. But if Ma and Pa remember everything up till he left then he shouldn't be *that* different.

But, it's probably nothing, and just a comment on how his time away has changed him some.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Finished reading it, feels like Action is back on track, I enjoyed this issue. Romita Jr.’s art wasn’t too bad here, hope he keeps it up. I do like how he draws the Fortress.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That was a lot of fun. After reading the preview, I was a little wary of addressing the continuity shenanigans so head on, but it worked, particularly the bit with Ma & Pa Kent remembering Conner, and the sad look on Clark's face afterwards. I like the idea of Superman (and Jon) being utterly unflappable by the timey whimey nature of their lives, but that it still takes its toll on him emotionally. He is clearly torn up at not being able to remember Conner.

I also liked the confirmation that Leonne is fully aware of the Metaverse and that smashed car is indeed the same one from 1938.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That was a lot of fun. After reading the preview, I was a little wary of addressing the continuity shenanigans so head on, but it worked, particularly the bit with Ma & Pa Kent remembering Conner, and the sad look on Clark's face afterwards. I like the idea of Superman (and Jon) being utterly unflappable by the timey whimey nature of their lives, but that it still takes its toll on him emotionally. He is clearly torn up at not being able to remember Conner.

I also liked the confirmation that Leonne is fully aware of the Metaverse and that smashed car is indeed the same one from 1938.
    I'm glad that they added this emotional beat. Hearing that their lives have been rebooted several times and watching it roll off them like water off a duck's back isn't so much a problem (or fun to read) until they realise what they lost as a result and I won't mind they focus on that at the least, since they are brushing off all the "gains" as if they have always been there.

Astonishing Member

Actually, you can get a pretty solid rough estimation of how long Conner was away. He landed on Gemworld around the time the woman was well into her pregnancy, and then he left around the time little Martha was maybe a year old. So it's likely he's only older by about a year and some change. Before he left for Gemworld he was in high school, but there's no telling what grade. But if Ma and Pa remember everything up till he left then he shouldn't be *that* different.

But, it's probably nothing, and just a comment on how his time away has changed him some.
    Agreed.

I wonder if Ma and Pa remember Lori Luthor, or the horror monster under Smallville Lake. Loved that run.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Agreed.

I wonder if Ma and Pa remember Lori Luthor, or the horror monster under Smallville Lake. Loved that run.
    Why?

Sorry, but I actually really DIDNT LIKE this run.

It was after TT and Conner looked MUCH younger and smaller there as he was during TT.
    I also didnt like the Storylines etc.

I am a HUGE Conner Fan, but this run and the time during YJ when he was acting really like a clown was the times when I really didnt like him..

Everyone keeps saying that Conner was smaller. Is that a hint towards a revised history where Conner was cloned in a manner closer to Bentley (a clone of The Wizard) from Hickman's Fantastic Four run where the clone starts out as a child? Or are they just implying that Conner filled out compared to what they remember.

If it had just been Ma and Pa saying that he used to be smaller, I'd assume they mean he just filled out, but due to the fact that Conner describes himself as being "little" during at some point, I'm incline to think that he and they meant that he was a child at some point.

Fascinating. Conner's history is slowly becoming more of a mystery than any of us anticipated.
    Actually its not complicated.
    Just look at the issue where Conner landed in Gemworld...
    He was smaller and looked very young as he landed there in T-Shirt.

Now he looks older..

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

This was fun. I've been harsh on JRJR's Superman work, but he shut me up this issue. Overall, this is probably his strongest work on a Superman project I've seen. Here's to hoping that's the trend to follow for future issues.

All-New Member

See I was hoping "fabulous" was foreshadowing that Jon Kent was gay, but alas, it is not to be....