Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

havent read any superman in a while but I will look forward to picking this up
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I have been waiting forever for this. I won't comment any further till after i have read the book

Astonishing Member

I thought this new version of the Legion was from the 32nd century? Did that ever see print?

I don't think this is quite how people were imagining the first meeting between Conner and Jon, but it is what it is.

I will be very surprised if continuity makes any more sense by the end of this arc.

Meh art, weird continuity, and the loss of the only good thing about Jon's age up (the design). What a way to take something I'd really been looking forward to and making me not care about it in the slightest -___-

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

The Fortress looks gorgeous.

Soooo did these issues get drawn before DC decided not to get through with Jon's shook redesign costume. This costume looks much better hope it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Meh art, weird continuity, and the loss of the only good thing about Jon's age up (the design). What a way to take something I'd really been looking forward to and making me not care about it in the slightest -___-
    Yeah, I don't hate the costume with every fiber of my being, but I was kind of hoping he'd look more recognizable for this meeting.

(Also comes off a little too much dudebro for me in the preview, but that's a separate issue).

How much longer are we gonna suffer under Bendis and his mediocrity? 2020 has already been trash it's time to start a new this is not the move. This should have been a wholesome moment this is disappointing to say the least.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    The Fortress looks gorgeous.

Soooo did these issues get drawn before DC decided not to get through with Jon's shook redesign costume. This costume looks much better hope it sticks.
    If I'm not mistaken, the Sook design is still coming in the Legion book. It's on all the alternative covers for it.

Given the fact that Jon's actually still just on his first day or so of being in the future and on the team, and quite a lot has derailed him, it makes sense why he hasn't gotten his new suit.

This instance in Action Comics seems to be after Jon has spent a few days or so on the team, so he has his new suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Also comes off a little too much dudebro for me in the preview, but that's a separate issue).
    Very back home from college with his friend who have him a ride lol

I also did say that entrance felt very Bill and Ted
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Very back home from college with his friend who have him a ride lol

I also did say that entrance felt very Bill and Ted
    I can see that. It just seems a bit much to me .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So basically Conner is the new Power Girl. I'm glad I don't follow this continuity.
    Assassinate Putin!

Look I’ll be honest, I’m kind of just glad for the return of Conner and reestablishing his history with Clark. I may have never read the 90’s Hawaii Superboy but I love Young Justice, Geoff John’s Teen Titans, and even the Adventure Comics run where he was in Smallville after he came back. Then again I feel the same way about most of the Young Justice team.

I will admit though it must be so confusing for new readers who have no idea (they can exist, New 52 was 2011 so I assume new readers had to appear with little to no knowledge), they start out reading some new characters or some characters they like from cartoons and then Bam suddenly old characters that they didn’t know about are back. Who’s Conner Kent? Who’s Bart Allen? Who’s the JSA? Though personally I hope they did what I did when I was getting started, go back and check out the really good stories that came out before (or at least an internet search).
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-29-2020 at 07:21 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So basically Conner is the new Power Girl. I'm glad I don't follow this continuity.
    Things will probably change, yet again, after Heavy Metal. Though in typical fashion its not likely to change for the better in regards to comprehension.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Look I’ll be honest, I’m kind of just glad for the return of Conner and reestablishing his history with Clark. I may have never read the 90’s Hawaii Superboy but I love Young Justice, Geoff John’s Teen Titans, and even the Adventure Comics run where he was in Smallville after he came back. Then again I feel the same way about most of the Young Justice team.

I will admit though it must be so confusing for new readers who have no idea (they can exist, New 52 was 2011 so I assume new readers had to appear with little to no knowledge), they start out reading some new characters or some characters they like from cartoons and then Bam suddenly old characters that they didn’t know about are back. Who’s Conner Kent? Who’s Bart Allen? Who’s the JSA? Though personally I hope they did what I did when I was getting started, go back and check out the really good stories that came out before (or at least an internet search).
    I am new reader. I new from the get go comics is different landscape than mangas,which has been my entertainment medium since childhood. So i go back. If you just go for the new reader by undercutting the story. It might make business sense, but as a story it doesn't especially in these kinds of events. This wasn't a reboot conner returning. This meeting was most awaited moment for years, since jon became superboy. It should have been more memorable in my opinion.Imagine if wally came back to barry like this. It would suck.Conner is brought back for the old fans.It doesn't make any sense to have him be like this.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-30-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wanted jon to meet conner,that's my disappointment too. This feels like a reboot with many talking heads. None of whom seem to have a continuity. What a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Exactly, I thought Conner was explicitly from pre-Flashpoint. That means he should remember Cadmus, Guardian, Dubbilex, all of it. Instead it's like the Hawaii era has been completely retconned out despite the fact he's now wearing a similar costume to that era's.
    Yes I am also disappointed...
    I dont understand what is in continuity and what not..

But thats absolutely disappointing:
    If you compare the TT Conner who was able to fight against Superboy, Doomsday Clone,Brainiac, Gog etc. and now he sounds like a fanboy...

I am also sure that he was at least once in the Fortress as he got his name Kon El...