Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Correct. Bendis is clearly not familiar with the entire original solo run. I bet he only read Peter David's Young Justice, which didn't feature Superboy's and Impulse's solo casts and only rarely used Robin's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

But I also have to say that this is just another lowlight for REBIRTH Conner to me

First Lowlight was in Gemworld as he kneeled in front of the soldiers
    Second Lowlight was in Skartaris as he began to cry
    Now he sounds like a Superman Fanboy

I strictly prefer Conner over Jon, but in this continuity John definetely has the advantage over Conner so far..

I REALLY REALLY dont hope that Superboy Prime show up and while Conner and Clark lose Jonathan will defeat Superboy Prime and showing that he is the most powerful member of the Super-Family or so.....

Don’t worry about Prime, he looks to be busy fighting Shazam at the moment....then again he’s also supposedly in Death Metal somehow so who knows. But still we would then need either Conner or Jon to appear in Death Metal, which we have no indication of.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I seriously doubt jon can touch superboy prime. The kid would be pulverised by silverage powerlevel. He barely hangs with current superman.Ofcourse,he could get stronger. That's the fun part.

I'm grateful to Bendis for bringing Conner and YJ back.

But my God, he knows nothing of the character. This is a complete disgrace. The real Conner needs to stand up. Someone needs to get Conner the hell away from Bendis.

Same goes for Jon as well.

This was not the meeting we have all been waiting for.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 05-30-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This seems like a more complicated and convoluted way of doing it than necessary, but given how convoluted and complicated DC continuity is right now, maybe it's best to just embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I seriously doubt jon can touch superboy prime. The kid would be pulverised by silverage powerlevel. He barely hangs with current superman.Ofcourse,he could get stronger. That's the fun part.
    I hope that in the future Jon can be the Franklin Richards of DC Comics in terms of Potential and Power.

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    I hope that in the future Jon can be the Franklin Richards of DC Comics in terms of Potential and Power.
    Nah! Power is really just a tool. Competence and the drive to get stronger or better without being complacent is what matters.

I loved in the lois and clark series, how th kid used to fall on his face everytime to learn to fly. He couldn't control his lazer vision. He destroyed the titans tower. If i had my way jon would be the luffy-esque or goldenage superman-esque figure in a way main superman now clearly wouldn't be able to. I want something visually cool, exciting, goofy, fun, badass , the swashbuckling outlaw. The kid is always breaking rules with his pals and getting into trouble . I would also add some of the alienation and loneliness the man of tomorrow had felt, by exploring the walking nuclear bomb concept connected to jon. Overall, i feel jon has more potential as a character which cannot be explored with current superman. Something like action comics #368 would be impossible to do with the big guy in appealing way. I mean, the guy gets down because of lack of challenges and adventures . I want jon to go out there and actually do something. Put up his flag somewhere.

Supersons x one piece.
    Superman isn't fun anymore for me. He is just there.Sadly, bendis just doesn't get it.His jon is as boring as current clark, atleast for me. not because characterisation either. Although that could use more work. but because his voice for jon sucks.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-31-2020 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post

But my God, he knows nothing of the character. This is a complete disgrace. The real Conner needs to stand up. Someone needs to get Conner the hell away from Bendis.

Yeah, Conner even says he doesn't know who created him because he was little... only, he was NEVER a child, he woke up for the first time already a teenager.

Someone send Bendis the Kesel era Superboy trades!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Conner even says he doesn't know who created him because he was little... only, he was NEVER a child, he woke up for the first time already a teenager.

He doesn't even need that. All the media adaptation has conner being a teen from the get go.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

oops

10 ch
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

He doesn't even need that. All the media adaptation has conner being a teen from the get go.
    How old was "REIGN OF SUPERMEN" Conner (ANIMATED MOVIE!!)?
    He seemed to be very young and I didnt see the movie Justice League Dark yet, but he seemed also to be young there at the beginning..

But in general REBIRTH CONNER is very complicated:

On the one hand:
    -memories of team-mates
    -knows his name
    -knows that he is a clone of lex and clark
    -the daughter had the name Martha
    -he seemingly lived in Smallville at the beginning
    -knows Clarks secret Identity
    -was shown using TTK on one variant cover

On the other hand:
    -was never in the fortress and dont know Kelex
    -dont know Paul Westfield, Cadmus

If TT, IC doesnt return anymore into the Timeline its a HUGE PROBLEM for Conner..

BUT already I have serious problems with this Conner who isnt at the level of Pre-Flashpoint Conner...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Thank you and right on.

I'll hold judgement until the issue comes out. Still I worry about what he said. "I am told...little" A part of me is fearing a retcon. His history may start to become folded into this reality.

Nah! Power is really just a tool. Competence and the drive to get stronger or better without being complacent is what matters.

I loved in the lois and clark series, how th kid used to fall on his face everytime to learn to fly. He couldn't control his lazer vision. He destroyed the titans tower. If i had my way jon would be the luffy-esque or goldenage superman-esque figure in a way main superman now clearly wouldn't be able to. I want something visually cool, exciting, goofy, fun, badass , the swashbuckling outlaw. The kid is always breaking rules with his pals and getting into trouble . I would also add some of the alienation and loneliness the man of tomorrow had felt, by exploring the walking nuclear bomb concept connected to jon. Overall, i feel jon has more potential as a character which cannot be explored with current superman. Something like action comics #368 would be impossible to do with the big guy in appealing way. I mean, the guy gets down because of lack of challenges and adventures . I want jon to go out there and actually do something. Put up his flag somewhere.
    Superman isn't fun anymore for me. He is just there.Sadly, bendis just doesn't get it.His jon is as boring as current clark, atleast for me. not because characterisation either. Although that could use more work. but because his voice for jon sucks.
    For me the moments where a character can unleash the potential he has are the best things in Fictional media like obviousley the gohan ssj2 moment or the Rock lee moment against Gaara so Jon saving lets just say the Justice League in the last moment would be a epic moment to witness as a reader!!