Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Those Wal-Mart giants must not be doing that well for DC to cancel them. That doesn't surprise me because they look immensely crappy.

I just never understood them. It's like, you get a chance to actually get in a store where a lot of people actually go, and then you put utter crap out there. Random shovelware with a few terrible to extremely vanilla original stories. Beyond that, I just don't think people are interested in the product, but what they were putting out there was in no way going to entice them.

If you told me I have a deal to go into Wal-Mart...I'm literally going to put out the best thing I've ever done in my life.
    The Superman and Batman ones are selling pretty well. I've been getting the Superman one since day one. I've have a theory that AT&T may be looking for ways to slowly transition to all digital. The pandemic seems like a good time to test if this will work. Which is a shame because I really do like those dollar books. And I totally would have gotten that WW84 book.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Well thats disappointing.

Who's making all the decisions? Jim Lee or someone else?

Mighty Member

Doesn't surprise me times are tight, and a lot of the titles mentioned are fairly low selling, I'm sure the Manhunter series will be released once the economy is roaring again.

What does surprise me though, (and maybe its for the saftey of DC's writers & artists) is that they haven't been taking advantage of the lockdown, by advertising their digital product more and getting the comics out there. Where I live so many things are closed (even the parks) that there is not much to do but read, and if there is a second wave come flu season, lockdowns will probably become widespread.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Well thats disappointing.

Who's making all the decisions? Jim Lee or someone else?
    If I had to guess? AT&T. It's their money. The president of the company basically said they're not gonna carry any division that can't perform financially. And my understanding is that Didio's firing was largely their decision. They seem to be much more hands on than WB was before their purchase.
    Assassinate Putin!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Huh. I don't have an interest in Kate really, but I've been waiting to see what happens with Leviathan since the last book and I'd hoped it wasn't a one shot. Had a good premise and I'll
    be disappointed if there isn't follow up, BUT... going digital isn't the end of things either I'd like to think
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    If I had to guess? AT&T. It's their money. The president of the company basically said they're not gonna carry any division that can't perform financially. And my understanding is that Didio's firing was largely their decision. They seem to be much more hands on than WB was before their purchase.
    Just seems a very random collection of decisions
    Lucifer to finish in ogn
    Sandman book to finish digital
    Swampthing giant not to finish reprinting len weins story
    Manhunter not to come out at all