Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Fantastix vs Young Masters

The Hood as it is he is a criminal army.

With the various event he has been left unchecked and has grown his power.

So Misty Knight puts together a team to dismantle him.

Luke Cage
    Spiderman
    Daredevil
    Colleen
    Moonknight
    Mockingbird
    Spider Woman
    Shang Chi
    Dr. Voodoo

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I like simple events for street level fighters. I would open it to include heroes and villains. Everyone has a stake. The original Contest of Champions idea worked for me. Slight tweak.

The Grandmaster has gone stark raving mad. It's something that happens to all Elders of the Universe at some point, before they die. It appears even they as "immortals" must transition from this state of existence. The Grandmaster wants one final contest before he goes. A Last Contest of Champions. A blood-fest.

Using his considerable powers, further amplified by his madness, the Grandmaster tricks his brother and sister Elders, turning them into Spheres of Power. He then transports all of the street level heroes and villains to Counter Earth, placing the Spheres strategically throughout the globe. The goal is to capture the right combination of Spheres, defeating opponents as necessary, and unlock the Coffer of the Grandmaster in 8 standard Earth days. Failure to do so ensures that all will die, both on Counter Earth and Earth Prime. But should one succeed, the winner will inherit the powers of the Grandmaster.

To keep everyone properly motivated, the Grandmaster suspends the Earth within visible range of Counter Earth, splitting it into 7 slices as easily as you or I might an orange. With each passing day, a segment of the Earth disintegrates, reduced to terrestrial debris blowing on the cosmic wind. Imagine the emotional trauma of seeing the part of the world where you live completely gone, your loved ones with it. By the 7th day the combatants are no closer to obtaining the necessary spheres. They awaken on the 8th day to find Earth completely gone. All that they have left are their own lives...and in 23.9 hours, they won't have that.

Who wins? Spoiler, not Captain America. Or Wolverine. Or Black Panther. These events always have a twist, and this one is no different. An invisible, undetectable usurper has tagged along, seeking the Grandmaster's power for her/him/itself. It's not until the final champion thinks that they've achieved victory that they soon realize that all may be lost.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Fantastic Member

I like the idea of a big organized crime war with: The Hood, Tombstone, Serpent Society, Jigsaw, Goblin Nation for Kingpin's spot at the top as he was taken off with a new players from other parts of the world like Tomoe (Techno Golem), Dracula, etc. All these crime bosses acquire help from Hydra, AIM, the Hand and other organizations as well as super powered individuals like Taskmaster & Black Ant and demons and other beings who have their own agendas. The ones going up against them would be: Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Cloak & Dagger, Luke Cage & Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Punisher, The Thing, Black Cat, Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, Scream, Blade, Morbius, Echo, White Tigers (Ava & Angela with Hector's eventual return), Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch), Night Thrasher, Daughters of the Dragon, Pei, Shang-Chi, Hellcat, Mockingbird, Spider-Man (Miles), Dakota North, Jessica Jones, Boomerang and Sandman (reforming for good). Towards the end Kingpin comes back and joins in to reclaim his spot with all the heroes having to take down all the bad guys in an epic final battle where the heroes are fighting the big bads and the bad guys amongst themselves.

have a street level event but have it NOT be in New York City. I'm tired of that. Have something take place in Chicago, or Houston, or Atlanta, Detroit, where, historically, there is no standing "hero army" to resist the crime lords. Maybe reveal some new heroes in the process. That I could support.

Let's have a group of C-list villains sneak into Fort-Knox and take everyone hostage. The military, SHIELD, and superheroes try to stop this, but there is another villain still outside, who gives instructions to the criminal gang and is always 600 steps ahead of everyone else. And of course... the villains must win, and escape with the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    have a street level event but have it NOT be in New York City. I'm tired of that. Have something take place in Chicago, or Houston, or Atlanta, Detroit, where, historically, there is no standing "hero army" to resist the crime lords. Maybe reveal some new heroes in the process. That I could support.
    Yes I could get behind this. Philly Chicago, or Houston jump to mind as usable.

I still would have Misty or someone gather a force but certainly new character could be brought in the team.

I think that leaves out character tightly tied to a part of NYC. So no Daredevil or Spidey.

Maybe Cage, Shag Ch, Moonknight, Mockingbird, Cloak and Dagger then new characters.

Here's one idea:

Three-Way Gang War between

Purple Man
    Black Tarantula
    Lady Octopus

in Las Vegas

up against the Slingers and the Scarlet Spiders!

Ricochet works as a spy within the villainous underground, collecting dirt for Ben Reilly and Kaine and having set-up battles with Prodigy to keep up appearances.

Lady Ock hires an assortment of henchwomen to commit illegal acts in order to help fund her scientific research, including Delilah, Angelface, and Stunner.

Black Tarantula employs an army of trained assassins (dressed similarly to the original Tarantula's costume) but also seems to have power over many spider-powered characters, including the Thousand, Doppelganger, and-- Silk?!

Purple Man has anybody and everybody that he can mind control indefinitely.

-Pav, who has a few other ideas swirling around the 'ole noggin...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Here's one idea:

Three-Way Gang War between

Purple Man
    Black Tarantula
    Lady Octopus

in Las Vegas

up against the Slingers and the Scarlet Spiders!

Ricochet works as a spy within the villainous underground, collecting dirt for Ben Reilly and Kaine and having set-up battles with Prodigy to keep up appearances.

Lady Ock hires an assortment of henchwomen to commit illegal acts in order to help fund her scientific research, including Delilah, Angelface, and Stunner.

Black Tarantula employs an army of trained assassins (dressed similarly to the original Tarantula's costume) but also seems to have power over many spider-powered characters, including the Thousand, Doppelganger, and-- Silk?!

Purple Man has anybody and everybody that he can mind control indefinitely.

-Pav, who has a few other ideas swirling around the 'ole noggin...
    I like that idea, though I'm guessing Lady Octopus is back as an independent operator and not working with/for Janice Lincoln and her (Sinister) Syndicate anymore. Curious to see how Silk gets tangled up in this, though, and maybe bring back Steel Spider as a "Cyborg Ninja" version of Spider-Man; he had to get his arm replaced after Gargan-Venom chewed it off and figured he might as well go whole hog.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

okay so Williamtheday's thread about bring Foswell back had me thinking about a cool street level event that is a little off the cuff.

Have Foswell and some other mob bosses who have died over the years come back. But not come back to life but come back as the undead. They battle the living mob bosses for control of the streets. This is not just an undead led mob trying to take control of crime. But rather they are pawns and the goal is to create chaos in the Streets of New York to pave the way for an undead invasion. It would be cool, like maybe some of the undead thanks to magic look like normal people and have infiltrated different levels of city governments. Bring in the street level heroes of course but also bring in Brother Voodoo. I would say Doctor Strange but i am starting to dig Voodoo. This battle has some of the street level heroes out of their element battling magical forces and such.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Kingpins mayorship is threatened. Some information on his past deeds has returned to haunt him. He will do anything to protect it and use all power/people at his disposal.

What comes next is a Game of Thrones style story with various mobs/rogues declaring allegiance, others seeing opporunity, and our heroes trying to protect the streets and bring down the Kingpin for good (all while finding out who leaked the Kingpins misdeeds)

Boisterously Confused

Turns out Hong Kong is not the only thing getting squeezed by Beijing. A determined Triad invasion on the turf of every major crimelord in the world is underway as Chinese gangs emigrate to escape the efforts of the PRC to either crush or assimilate them. Leading the charge is a breakaway faction of the Golden Claw's organization, headed by a new character, The Night Tiger, very much a Professor Moriarity figure.

Street level heroes from all over are neck deep in trying to prevent the innocent, and even the shady, from being crushed between the competing villains.

This would take a delicate hand, but it could be a contrast against the old Yellow Peril stories by dealing with the degree to which this is about crime, and the degree to which it is about racism among both the heroes and the villains.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    okay so Williamtheday's thread about bring Foswell back had me thinking about a cool street level event that is a little off the cuff.

Have Foswell and some other mob bosses who have died over the years come back. But not come back to life but come back as the undead. They battle the living mob bosses for control of the streets. This is not just an undead led mob trying to take control of crime. But rather they are pawns and the goal is to create chaos in the Streets of New York to pave the way for an undead invasion. It would be cool, like maybe some of the undead thanks to magic look like normal people and have infiltrated different levels of city governments. Bring in the street level heroes of course but also bring in Brother Voodoo. I would say Doctor Strange but i am starting to dig Voodoo. This battle has some of the street level heroes out of their element battling magical forces and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Kingpins mayorship is threatened. Some information on his past deeds has returned to haunt him. He will do anything to protect it and use all power/people at his disposal.

What comes next is a Game of Thrones style story with various mobs/rogues declaring allegiance, others seeing opporunity, and our heroes trying to protect the streets and bring down the Kingpin for good (all while finding out who leaked the Kingpins misdeeds)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Turns out Hong Kong is not the only thing getting squeezed by Beijing. A determined Triad invasion on the turf of every major crimelord in the world is underway as Chinese gangs emigrate to escape the efforts of the PRC to either crush or assimilate them. Leading the charge is a breakaway faction of the Golden Claw's organization, headed by a new character, The Night Tiger, very much a Professor Moriarity figure.

Street level heroes from all over are neck deep in trying to prevent the innocent, and even the shady, from being crushed between the competing villains.

This would take a delicate hand, but it could be a contrast against the old Yellow Peril stories by dealing with the degree to which this is about crime, and the degree to which it is about racism among both the heroes and the villains.
    Great ideas all, especially the last one, which is incredibly topical in light of resurgent anti-Asian prejudice in the real world. My only question about the second idea is that Wilson Fisk is a known criminal mastermind already and still got elected mayor, so what could have gotten leaked about him that was so bad in comparison to everything that was already known about him?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Possibly a murder mystery. Someone frames Kingpin for murder. Is the chief of police an important person right now? Because he could be the one murdered. But that gives you a lot of mass confusion right now, the Mayor is in jail, the police don't have a leader. Chaos ensues.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Great ideas all, especially the last one, which is incredibly topical in light of resurgent anti-Asian prejudice in the real world. My only question about the second idea is that Wilson Fisk is a known criminal mastermind already and still got elected mayor, so what could have gotten leaked about him that was so bad in comparison to everything that was already known about him?
    What he’s been doing with tax payers money, perhaps? Laundering off to several businesses (could lead to some of these gangs being a part of that so feeling personally invested in shutting it down themselves)