Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Create a street level event.

So I was reading Hybrid's thread about how often Marvel should do events and it got me to thinking. Why doesnt Marvel do a street level event? I think it would be fun to see what kind of events people can come up with for street level characters like Daredevil, Spiderman, Punisher, Luke Cage.

So what are you ideas?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I always thought some sort of Mortal Kombat martial arts tournament with some of the best h2h fighters would be cool.

Keep the mid to high level metas like Spider-Men and the Luke Cages out of it. Strictly the martial artists like Daredevil and Electra and Shang Chi.

Squirrel-Island.

Wow, I inspired a topic! That's great man.

Anyways, hmm... I trying to think of something that avoids using the Hand exclusively (to feel to samey after Shadowland). So here it goes:

What about Doctor Octopus forming a faction, recruiting various C-list villains and other freelancers, and waging a big street level Civil War against the Kingpin, backed by the Hand?

It's a devastating war that gets civilians in the crossfire and does massive property damage, and threatens to escalate further, thus the street level heroes form a loose alliance to end the war by taking both out. This alliance is headed by Daredevil and Spider-Man, and includes: Cloak & Dagger, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, the reformed Boomerang, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight, Ricochet, Prodigy and Dusk of the Slingers, Black Cat, and Jessica Jones.

Daredevil captains the anti-Kingpin operation, Spider-Man captains the Anti-Ock operation, and they both report to each other in-unison. There's strategy, timing, information involved before acting. In the center of this, maybe they can throw a useful MacGuffin in the mix, one that can turn the tide for the side who gets it. Thus, Kingpin and Ock both have even more reason to fight over something that will give them power. In the midst, maybe throw in corrupt cops, corporations and officials looking to use this to advance themselves, and you got a street level event that could work.

Thinking of a cool name, maybe... Vice & Virtue?

Then, afterwards, when both Kingpin and Ock are defeated and imprisoned, go with what I suggested in the other topic: Make this have a lasting impact. Have the fall of two big villains, organizations, many cops, rich entities that supported the economy, and politicians create a huge power vacuum of new villains (both truly new, and those of lesser status before) that affects all the street level characters' storylines. You could even introduce a new villain for someone who can take charge and antagonize multiple people in different comics.

Just a quick thought. Is it good?

I always like ROUND ROBIN: The Sidekick’s Revenge. Something along those lines, w. a good guy gone bad and aligning w. various villains (villainous factions) in a plot against the street levelers would be cool.

Mojo grabbing up/brain washing all the street levelers and putting them into various murdery TV Action Show situations and them escaping and having to recover their minds then make their way out of the Mojo-verse might be fun.

One of those Coming of Galactus/cosmic type stories (where the street levelers are usually seen dealing w. property/collateral damage, swinging around in group shots while the big guns get the actual win), only all the big guns are conveniently out of commission.
    In this scenario Captain America would def. be out of the picture, so someone’d have to step up and unite the good guys, make a plan, split up the teams etc. Ideally it should be someone who’s really not up to it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I always loved Mr. Negative maybe he and Kingpin get into a turf war and that ropes in Spidey, Punisher, and Daredevil into it.

Spidey tries to stop the killing on both sides as well as trying to stop a murderous Punisher with the aid of Daredevil.

I think there could be some really good dynamics there. I would try to avoid other heroes being involved because then the power set gets kinda crazy.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-30-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I always loved Mr. Negative maybe he and Kingpin get into a turf war and that ropes in Spidey, Punisher, and Daredevil into it.

Spidey tries to stop the killing on both sided as well as trying to stop a murderous Punisher with the aid of Daredevil.

It think there could be some really good dynamics there. I would try to avoid other heroes being involved because then the power set gets kinda crazy.
    And I think that's the hard part about 90% of the marvel super heroes all operating in the same city. If a street level problem becomes big enough, the Avengers and the FF are just a couple blocks away. It's tough to make a problem BIG without justifying the BIG guns showing up.

Shadowland back in the day had to sort of balance that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And I think that's the hard part about 90% of the marvel super heroes all operating in the same city. If a street level problem becomes big enough, the Avengers and the FF are just a couple blocks away. It's tough to make a problem BIG without justifying the BIG guns showing up.

Shadowland back in the day had to sort of balance that.
    I agree, it can be done similar to Hickman's Infinity where the big guns are off world for some contrived reason. Maybe Kingpin figured out a spell to send them away to Hala or something.

Wouldn't this just be a crime war?

Astonishing Member

Maybe a mystery of some kind. Street level heroes usual villains are becoming more active but going after their not usual target or something so the street heroes need to balance in keeping the threat contained on the defence, while needing to investigate for attack.

A culmination of Fisk being mayor of NY and a huge breakout in who's becoming the new Kingpin of crime. It's sort of already been brewing for a little while across several books.. Daredevil, Punisher, Hawkeye: Freefall, Amazing Spider-Man touched on Fisk. It's there. Ripe for the picking.

Kingpin is kidnapped by the Hand. Nick Fury summons all the street level heroes to the mayor ofiice and ask: "The mayor has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you bad enough dudes to rescue the mayor?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Kingpin is kidnapped by the Hand. Nick Fury summons all the street level heroes to the mayor ofiice and ask: "The mayor has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you bad enough dudes to rescue the mayor?"
    Luke Cage = Haggar

Iron Fist = Dan

Peter Parker (no costume) = Cody

Dude, you're a genius - let's just have a Final Fight event

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I always like the total gang war idea. Say Fisk is finally taken off the board and everyone rushes in to fill the gap. You have guys like the Silvermane, Tombstone, the Maggie, Zodiac, and every other criminal orginzation rushing in to grab their piece of the pie and bringing every superpowered hired hand they can get a hold of with them. You could even get a little drama out of some bad guys that are friends being hired by rival groups and having to fight each other.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I like all of these ideas so far, though a superpowered gang war sounds like it could be building up in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, what with the all-female (Sinister) Syndicate and the Savage Six, so throw in the likes of the Wrecking Crew, some MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone)-boosted thugs as foot soldiers for the aspiring bosses . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.