Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Underrated comic book artists?

Comics are a visual medium, so it goes without saying an artist is important. But not everyone can be a George Perez or a John Byrne, even if they're really good in their own right. Here is where we appreciate those who need appreciation more. Also, include art!

I'll start:

Ron Frenz

A part of the Marvel stable in the '80s, he's the most frequent collaborator of the fan-favorite writer Tom DeFalco. I think his stuff is stellar. He can do environments, consistent character models, and fight scenes really well, especially in capturing the movement of it. I've read Spider-Man comics drawn by him, and he can captured the frenetic nature of an attack. As controversial as the Spider-Man vs. Firelord fight is in certain circles, it really displays the strengths of his artwork and all of what I mentioned.

Anyways, what other underrated artists would you like to mention and display?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Kyle Baker

His graphic novels Why I Hate Saturn and The Cowboy Wally Show, while forgotten now, are among the greatest comics of all time in my opinion.

Jeff Johnson

Astonishing Member

Babs Tarr

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

A Japanese manga artist named Itou Ei whose cute and gorgeous artwork deserves more attention.

Naoshi Onizuka has a distinct art style that I think everyone should notice.

Okada Kou is also underrated and has a clean and polished art style.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Trevor Von Eeden:

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Comics are a visual medium, so it goes without saying an artist is important. But not everyone can be a George Perez or a John Byrne, even if they're really good in their own right. Here is where we appreciate those who need appreciation more. Also, include art!

I'll start:

Ron Frenz

A part of the Marvel stable in the '80s, he's the most frequent collaborator of the fan-favorite writer Tom DeFalco. I think his stuff is stellar. He can do environments, consistent character models, and fight scenes really well, especially in capturing the movement of it. I've read Spider-Man comics drawn by him, and he can captured the frenetic nature of an attack. As controversial as the Spider-Man vs. Firelord fight is in certain circles, it really displays the strengths of his artwork and all of what I mentioned.