Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure the comparisons between Cyclops and Hitler were from his (actually Emma's) actions to negate the terrigen mist, not any acts he took against cops under Bendis. But yeah, cops in the X-Men comics tend to represent the worst of human prejudice. When cops try to arrest Spider-Man, they're not bad or prejudiced, just misguided. When they try to arrest the X-Men or innocent civilian mutants, they're usually racists unless they're just following orders from someone even worse in the government.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'm pretty sure the comparisons between Cyclops and Hitler were from his (actually Emma's) actions to negate the terrigen mist, not any acts he took against cops under Bendis. But yeah, cops in the X-Men comics tend to represent the worst of human prejudice. When cops try to arrest Spider-Man, they're not bad or prejudiced, just misguided. When they try to arrest the X-Men or innocent civilian mutants, they're usually racists unless they're just following orders from someone even worse in the government.
    There were a lot of rabid police in Ultimate Spider-Man.

(Funnily enough, some of the images posted in this thread are from Bendis' X-Men run).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There were a lot of rabid police in Ultimate Spider-Man.

(Funnily enough, some of the images posted in this thread are from Bendis' X-Men run).
    I believe I mentioned that when I made a similar thread about Spidey's relationship with the police. Bendis did to write cops being more hostile to Spidey, shoot first without letting Peter explain himself even if he diffuse the situation with no property damage or is gravely injuried. it got me thinking "man what does Bendis have against cops by writing them as big aholes" that was years ago, now seeing whats been happening with more reports of Police brutality, racial profiling, trigger happy incident, i could see where Bendis is coming from.

and that page of Tirage getting arrested, jeeez, all he did was heal someone, I understand if his mutant power hurt/kill someone or cause property damage but man
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-31-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild;4992153[B
    ]I'm pretty sure the comparisons between Cyclops and Hitler were from his (actually Emma's) actions to negate the terrigen mist, not any acts he took against cops under Bendis[/B]. But yeah, cops in the X-Men comics tend to represent the worst of human prejudice. When cops try to arrest Spider-Man, they're not bad or prejudiced, just misguided. When they try to arrest the X-Men or innocent civilian mutants, they're usually racists unless they're just following orders from someone even worse in the government.
    It was still pretty dumb. And they tried to antagonize him most of the time from Schism to IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It was still pretty dumb. And they tried to antagonize him most of the time from Schism to IvX.
    More like AvX to IvX as no one was really antagonizing him in that space post Schism until AvX. Phoenix Force or not, he did try to destroy the world. There probably would be riots and outrage had no one held him accountable for the global destruction that he caused

Way back in UXM#206, Jessica Drew's cop buddy Lt Bree Morrel of the SFPD seemed to on real good terms with Storm's group of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    More like AvX to IvX as no one was really antagonizing him in that space post Schism until AvX. Phoenix Force or not, he did try to destroy the world. There probably would be riots and outrage had no one held him accountable for the global destruction that he caused
    I always felt that they tried to make him look kinda bad with the Extinction team thing. Like Ororo asking him if he was a villain or the general way Logan treated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People in the streets supported him, there were manifestations in his favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    People in the streets supported him, there were manifestations in his favor.
    and there were those that opposed him. One thing that the post AvX era did not doa good job on was highlight was focus on the aftermath of all the horrible things he did. He destroed major cities and Bendis did not touch on that at all, insteading choosing to focus on the mutant revolution but the stuff he ended up doing in AvX transcended that. People did not support him killing, waging mass destruction and attempting to annhilate the Earth. Thats not what the support in Bendis' run was about

BANNED

He did that because cops kept harassing him and his people.

"What about all the cities Cyclops destroyed?" = "What about all the looting and property damage in these protests?"

Hope fixed everything Scott destroyed within five minutes. So they always talked about Xavier's death, the other was ambiguous as ****.

It only served to destroy all the free energy, food and water infrastructure that the P5 created.

Not in the X-books but still Marvel:
    the story of a Black cop in a world of super-heroes. When it was heroic to enforce the law without any super-powers while trying to lead a normal life.

published in 1997.

Now, it looks like the story of another time and I wonder if this time has ever existed or it has only existed in the confines of comics.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Funny enough, in Spider-Man's case, one Brand New Day arc had the "Spider-Tracer Killer," which turned out to be a fabrication by cops who resented Spider-Man for "making them look bad" or otherwise overshadowing them with his flashier heroics, setting him up to be blamed for a series of murders by planting loose tracers on the bodies of murder victims, and one of those cops (who was also Peter Parker's roommate at the time) later joined the "Goblin gangs" that cropped up in the wake of Norman Osborn's Dark Reign.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Hope fixed everything Scott destroyed within five minutes. So they always talked about Xavier's death, the other was ambiguous as ****.

It only served to destroy all the free energy, food and water infrastructure that the P5 created.
    Did she bring back the people that were likely killed by him within 5 minutes? I think not considering Xavier was left dead

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He did that because cops kept harassing him and his people.

"What about all the cities Cyclops destroyed?" = "What about all the looting and property damage in these protests?"
    Um no. His goal at that point was to burn the world down, and nothing that was done to him justified him trying to take everything out.
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-31-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't all Superheroes police, basically? Even the X-Men when they fight crime, Mutant or otherwise?
    I’d argue that they aren’t that anymore. But yes, they were basically the mutant police for way too long.
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-31-2020 at 03:00 PM.