Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Because our police handle things a certain way. Magneto and Xavier talked about building something new and their government is unlike the United States. Obviously, the United States is the not only country with racist police, but it is where the X-Men were established and police in the US are the impetus for the this discussion.
    How does sanctioning letting Sabretooth off the leash to steal things any different then what human governments do? Or do Operation: Paperclip with people who destroy civilisations? Which make sense because these mutants are heavily impacted by America culture and government.

How are Krakoa's cops meant to be any better than what we have? What examples do we have that this is true? Do they even have a police force? Who's on it?

This conversation is about "good cops and police brutality in X-men comics," taking the X-men out would be omitting that they're actually cops. In Bishop's case, literally, since he joined the FBI.

I should have said justice system. Our laws can't account for someone suddenly developing powers and doing harm. As readers, we don't have insight in MU law, but if the cities and countries are based on ours the prison industry is likely just as damaging and racist.
    We've seen their justice system in action, it's barbaric. No lawyers, it's a kangaroo court. It was Sabre tooth but even he should have the right to a proper trial. It's not a high priority for the Quiet Council to fix, like democracy. Saying things is not the same as doing those things.

Strict instructions? They knew what he was capable of and did it anyway. They're all culpable. The funny thing is in an actual court Sabretooth would have a good defense, since they knew who he was and they didn't have laws in place or restrictions (like nanites, that's what Rogues used to restrain him in Carey's run) or having a lawyer, period.

I don't know. The book isn't out, yet. I thought they would be more like social workers.
    Social workers typically bring on people like Daken for violence encounters? I don't think so. That's his role on the squad, the creators are up front with this. Not that the team is helpless without him: they have Polaris, Northstar, Rachel Summers and Prodigy - all are former super-heroes who are powerful and can look after themselves in a fight and they will fight. This is a super-hero team book, so expect action.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 06-06-2020 at 03:24 AM.