Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 164
  1. #91
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Those experiences should have taught him that bringing an army of superheroes to beat Scott and Emma was all he could do to make them more and more unstable. Yelling at someone "CALM DOWN" while the Hulk and Thor are hitting him in the face is a lousy idea.

    Xavier also overestimated his emotional connection with Scott at the time. After everything that had happened (Deadly Genesis, Astonishing, Schism ...) he was not the right person for that situation. Scott held too much rancor towards him, which under the influence of the Phoenix was amplified.

    It was a terrible intervention and complete strategical failure, it only escalated the situation.

    Like cops right now, tbh.
    He didnt bring an army of heroes with him. You act like he led or had any control over the Avengers as if Captain America wasnt bringing them regardless. They stood back and Thor and Hulk were not hitting him in the face in that moment. When Xavier went up against Scott, none of those heroes were attacking Scott save a single arrow which came from Hawkeye. It was just Xavier and Scott at that moment. It was a sound strategy.

    When Xavier fought Dark Phoenix, he had the rest of the X-men by him and they attacked Jean alot more than what we saw the Avengers do in AvX 11 when Xavier confronted Scott. Scott wasnt strong enough to fight the rage and gave in and killed Xavier. Jean was despite having Storm, Collossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine and Beast all physically assault her and Xavier using his full power to restrain her. Thats why I dont think its accurate for you to say his past experience should have told him that what he was doing would be a failure when thats quite the opposite of what actually happened
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-02-2020 at 10:34 AM.

  2. #92
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier also overestimated his emotional connection with Scott at the time. After everything that had happened (Deadly Genesis, Astonishing, Schism ...) he was not the right person for that situation. Scott held too much rancor towards him, which under the influence of the Phoenix was amplified.
    Same conclusion, but I would say that Xavier has underestimated his emotional connection with Scott at the time: the feelings, the resentment were too strong and the expectations, too. How proud was Scott to show him his work… Great was his disappointment: Xavier scolded him like he was a schoolboy.

  3. #93
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,800

    Default

    MU people not being angry at Scott is the reason why Bruce Banner was in public Avengers teams, Cap is leading the Avengers publicly after Secret Empire and such. We should take it just as comicbook storytelling not caring about the civilian point of view.

  4. #94
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    You decide...
    GrindrStone(D)

  5. #95

    Default

    Cops murdered that young vulnerable mutant in Morrison's New X-men 121.
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 06-02-2020 at 12:43 PM.

  6. #96
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You decide...
    I decide what? I don't know how it ended.

  7. #97

    Default

    Cops also escalated this situation in Generation X

  8. #98
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Also, throughout Rosencanny we could see how government-sanctioned agents killed the mutants in the streets.

    Poor Loa.

  9. #99
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Cops also escalated this situation in Generation X
    cops were always hassling them GenX slackers
    GrindrStone(D)

  10. #100
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    MU people not being angry at Scott is the reason why Bruce Banner was in public Avengers teams, Cap is leading the Avengers publicly after Secret Empire and such. We should take it just as comicbook storytelling not caring about the civilian point of view.
    I should mention that Black Panther is the one leading the Avengers in the current run by Jason Aaron, though as of the most recent issue, he did cede command to Captain America before going with an amped-up Moon Knight who had already absorbed/stolen the powers of Iron Fist, the Sorcerer Supreme (Doctor Strange), and Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes). In fact, T'Challa leading the Avengers was unanimously agreed upon by the Avengers' "Big Three," likely in part because they knew recent events like Secret Empire and the Civil Wars between heroes compromised their image too much with the public, necessitating a fresh start and new leadership. Hence, Black Panther as the Avengers' current leader.

    That aside, thanks for putting up that page of Synch, BroHomo.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Same conclusion, but I would say that Xavier has underestimated his emotional connection with Scott at the time: the feelings, the resentment were too strong and the expectations, too. How proud was Scott to show him his work… Great was his disappointment: Xavier scolded him like he was a schoolboy.
    This is a great point, despite everything that might have passed between them Scott was still seeking Charles' approval at that point and desperately wanted Charles to be proud of him. And instead of trying to convince him that while the intentions were good, despotism might not be the best way to get there, Charles said probably the worst possible thing he could have done at that point: "I'm embarrassed of you."

  12. #102
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You decide...
    This is a straw man.

    These people are also police officers.



    Lorna's been a cop on various incarnations of X-factor for years.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 06-03-2020 at 03:41 AM.

  13. #103
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is a straw man.
    For what argument? The thread asks for examples of Good cops/Police brutality InX-Men. the image I posted is meant to stand on its own (ignoring the context of the actual story) and ultimately open to your own personal interpretation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    These people are also police officers.

    Uh Yeah I guess in the sense that they are documenting when a mutant dies as to not have any doubles running around. Relevance tho? Im not saying only humans can be cops or a peace keeping force....
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Lorna's been a cop on various incarnations of X-factor for years.
    Ehhh I'd say maaaaaybe for the last few issues her stint on X-Factor vol. 2 but thats it.
    GrindrStone(D)

  14. #104
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,656

    Default

    Investigators aren't cops. Nice try.

    Stay in school, kids.
    "Cable was right!"

  15. #105
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    For what argument? The thread asks for examples of Good cops/Police brutality InX-Men. the image I posted is meant to stand on its own (ignoring the context of the actual story) and ultimately open to your own personal interpretation.
    It's a great example of police brutality in comic books, no doubt. However, rather than engage further the picture provides no subtlety - it's an emotional charged image few people are going to argue with and since that's the bulk of the post there is no context for details. It's a simple yes or no question.


    Uh Yeah I guess in the sense that they are documenting when a mutant dies as to not have any doubles running around. Relevance tho? Im not saying only humans can be cops or a peace keeping force....
    Because that sort of job would fit into police work, they're described as a crack team of investigators for The Five. For a place like Krakoa this would qualify, like X-Force are the CIA equivalent for Krakoa. This is why it's important to provide more context if posts don't explain the full context of your views.


    Ehhh I'd say maaaaaybe for the last few issues her stint on X-Factor vol. 2 but thats it.
    All the government sanctioned X-Factors, which she was a part of, were created to investigate and arrest dangerous mutants. That's police work. She was on the team when the government forced them to guard Graydon Creed when he ran for president, also police work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234
    Investigators aren't cops. Nice try.

    Stay in school, kids.
    Investigation is large field in law enforcement. It's what detectives do, and some police forces officially use that to describe themselves like the Criminal Investigations Department in the UK. They're doing police work. Investigators have numerous niches, this is just Krakoa's for of them because most settings don't have to worry about accidentally cloning dead people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •