Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Examples of Good Cops and Examples of Police Brutality in X-MEN comics

i figure with the current climate going on, it might be fun to made a thread to talk about the various examples of X-MEN comics where there friends in the force or just plain hostility.

a few examples.

1. The few cops we saw in God Loves Man Kills, especially the one cop that shot Reverend Stryker who was about to shoot Kitty.
    2. Tom Corsi(who was awkwardly racebended from Caucasian to Native American)
    3. The one cop that praise Sunsport for helping out a rescue even though everyone was thanking She-hulk, thats a good one.
    4. The rookie cop that show remorse over shooting a mutant dead during the Massacre saga in the last X-factor of that crossover. he was really broken up by it and when he saw her use her powers he fire.
    5. forgot Misty Knight in the 70s. screw it doesnt have to be in order.
    6. Charlotte Jones who dated Warren and was a allied, she even got the hookup of body armor of a basic x-uniform.
    7. The 1 Cop in Texas that defended Storm from a lynch mob after she was making sure debris from the explosion of Forge building. that was a cool moment
    8. The one cop in Joe mad first Phalanx issue that helped Storm.
    9 the 2 cops that were helped by Storm and Marrow in Seagle and Kelly x-men run.
    10. Bishop partner in Mutant town

i might have missed quite a number

for the most part, the x-men and mutants in general dont get the warmest welcome from the police. they often get shot at too, so I leave you to show incidents, i mean what i can think of, well heres 3. 1. Cops in mutant massacre that were praising x-factor especially the one cop that dont event trust the avengers and think they are as bad any mutant. 2. early in Claremont/David 3rd Uncanny run, Wolverine and Nightcrawler trying to diffuse a situation where met with hostility and arrest despite being official and having badges. it took Carol Danver coming in and telling them to let both of them call, 3. so many in Bendis run but the one thats a pure police brutality was when I forgot the mutant who control vehicles, he got shot and is dying and the cops happy he's dying and goading, he would have died if Magik and the Cuckoos hadnt shown and gave them a taste of hell. or the cops that arrested teen Bobby in the ultimate universe for stopping a giant monsters and made their anti-mutant view very blanant well thats alot.

anyway as i read more x-men and spiderman and at first years ago I wonder why alot of the times Cops are trigger happy aholes and often get surprised when i see a good cop but as I see in the news nowadays since recently in the 2010s, im starting to see the sad reality that whats portray in comics is not far from the truth and everything is not black and white. hell i just recently watched batman year one and the kind of police corruption in it, the cops there that is not Commissioner Gordon are so obviously evil, they might has well have mustache twirling habits.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-30-2020 at 06:12 PM.